Nothing to see here

WolfeUK

7 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Like yesterday, i decided to unlock the quetz platform saddle, and use it to hep me in collecting my metal, it will have its own defense whilst im off collecting the metal, after many hours of collecting and building, unlocking the various stuff, i find we actually cant put anything on there to help defend it, auto turrets wont snap, not even plant any Spec X on them ??

This is a setting for unofficial or single player.

7 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Never mind i though, i will build a FOB on the side of one of the mountains, built the industrial forge, placed it on alot of metal foundations, built a landing platform, only to find out its now stopping metal from spawning on the mountain ??
So i will have to rip it all down ?

Also a setting and you'd be far more upset if things spawned right on top of your building, destroying it.

8 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

A few know about the raft i built up, spent over 10 hours collecting and building, only for it to be destroyed in seconds by the whale
So much wasted time

Yes, that's the point of the leeds. Although still optional in single player or private.

8 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

I tried the tree platforms, all that time collecting only to find the snap points are irrelevant and you still have to guess all the build snap points

More freedom! I think there's a mod that adds snap points? Would be single player or private.

9 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Ive never played a game with this much wasted time invested in it, no idea why they have to restrict you from doing things, feel i need a instruction manual to play this game with all the can's/cant's do's/dont's

You've never played a game before where you had to learn how things work before knowing the most efficient way to go about things?

10 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

This IS a survival game

*looks back at comment on rafts not being a safe zone*

I think Xbox settings are still the samer as on PC? In which case: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

In the game.ini, for respawn radius:
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers=<value>

ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures=<value>

In the command line, to allow turrets:
?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true

If those .ini settings not in the PC single player slider window are not available to console, then I can very much see the issue here however.

Sounds like someone will soon become extinct.

The turrets on platforms was removed a long time ago, stay up to date with patch notes. Plus is it not odd that no other players on your server have turrets on their platforms?

Leedsichthys is a fish, not a whale. Again, check out the website or youtube videos to see new content. That is like complaining that a single troodon killed you because you thought it was a compy.

How is your mountain base stopping spawns? Did you just wait 2 minutes and give up? I never heard anyone complain about this because it is not an issue. You should build in stone first and see what the outcome is, and then go to wasting your metal on the structure.

You can build nice stuff on tree platforms, go check out youtube.

Another thing you can do is PRACTICE what you are doing on SINGLE PLAYER. That way you do not waste your time and resources. The things you do are illogical, and that is why everyone here is just shrugging their shoulders at you. You should know better, especially if you are level 100.

12 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Why would i know this if ive not done it before ? and i did say i built it up the side on the mountain and not the top

Foundations have always blocked resources in the immediate area, no matter the location.  I think what might be throwing you is the new volcano metal spawns are different than before... so it may not be your base that is actually the reason why you aren't seeing metal where you expect.  If you're building on a mountain instead (some people refer to the Volcano as a mountain) there is only a limited area around your foundations that should be blocked.  Simply build a bit further away from the metal spawn locations.  Testing with cheap materials is advised.

Auto turrets and plant species X on Quetzals became a balancing issue.  It made them disproportionately powerful, it was exploitable, and it removed the need to actively protect what is essentially supposed to be a resource transport vehicle.

We'll see where they go with Leeds and rafts.  I'm fairly certain that they were intended to restrict rafts from navigating any distance from an ocean shoreline or outside of the river.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if an alternative was provided, outside of the obvious choice of using sea mounts.

Keep in mind that ARK mechanics are designed around it being primarily multi player.  Fine tuning it on PC for single player is of course very easy, with luck it will become more configurable for console players too eventually.

Metal structures and all that are pretty pointless in sp anyway. Might as well just spawn in some tek gear and go... Punch a wild giga? Thats About as fun as its gonna get lol. But in all seriousness, it seems like the cause of your frustration is the fact you've walled yourself off from the community. We were complaining about some of that stuff months ago, get hip fam. Bruh lit.

41 minutes ago, PaleoJoe said:

Sounds like someone will soon become extinct.

The turrets on platforms was removed a long time ago, stay up to date with patch notes. Plus is it not odd that no other players on your server have turrets on their platforms?

Leedsichthys is a fish, not a whale. Again, check out the website or youtube videos to see new content. That is like complaining that a single troodon killed you because you thought it was a compy.

How is your mountain base stopping spawns? Did you just wait 2 minutes and give up? I never heard anyone complain about this because it is not an issue. You should build in stone first and see what the outcome is, and then go to wasting your metal on the structure.

You can build nice stuff on tree platforms, go check out youtube.

Another thing you can do is PRACTICE what you are doing on SINGLE PLAYER. That way you do not waste your time and resources. The things you do are illogical, and that is why everyone here is just shrugging their shoulders at you. You should know better, especially if you are level 100.

So many times ive come here to give my feed back, or point something out, or show abit of passion or anger (god forbid) for the game, but all i seem to get is beaten down for it, even from people who i thought should have known better!!

These are my views of the game, ive played since release, ive had 2 long breaks from it, clearly no one is going to go through all the patch notes and take everything in, I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING, but because CLEARLY im a single player guy, who likes to play a certain way, and most here seem to be multiplayer guys that only play raids, we are frown upon, im getting really fed up with having to explain my original post to everyone who comes in to reply, who clearly haven't even read the original post,

I choose to play a game, i choose to play a certain way, this is why i love these new big open world survival game, but if i only have one way to play this game then i will be putting in for a refund, i will stick to other survival games that let you play how you choose to, and not be so restrictive, ive had it with this forum and this game

Most will probably be happy about this so i will also be closing my account on this forum!

Hope you all have a good day and all get chomped by some level 1 Dodo's !

Hey man i understand where your coming from, you want to play single player, this game keeps changing every day and since the game is still under development theres no documentation or tutorials, thats why i recommend to play official pve for a bit to get the hang of stuff if you really like the game, all the problems your having are by the lack of information on certain changes and updates done to the game, some players just want to help, at the end your the one being irrational.

No reason to get butthurt man, you came on the Internet to piss and moan about things that are well known information, things you could've googled, and you act surprised when you get the honest solutions to your problem. You might want to check out minecraft, its alot more forgiving and solo friendly, and a very creative game.

Before you guys slander someone for how they play, accuse them of not knowing what they are doing at level 100, you might want to first ask yourself is this could be a bug of some kind...

Numerous times i stated to you guys i did not build on top of the mountain, even says that in the main post, i was so sure i wasnt doing nothing wrong, i thought to myself im not gonna let some fanboys ruin my game, so i went back into Ark, i needed some stone for paste, but the stones around my base still hadn't re spawned after an hours game play ?? so i exited my game and checked my settings, both respawn speed and distance where at 0.2, so i toggled this to 0,1, went back into the game and bang, all the trees, bushes and rocks around and in my base suddenly appeared, i thought hmmm, have all the metals ones re spawned on the mountain top too, so i went to the mountain and yes, all the metal rocks have come back....

Moral of the story, before you go round flaming someone for how they play and not knowing what they are doing, just make sure it might not be a bug first.....

BTW i built a metal base because i could.....thats all you need to know on that ¬¬

Thats not a bug, LMFAO thats just standard. Congratulations on figuring out how to cheat to circumvent it. Thats the perk of playing sp, theres no rules. You can waste 100s of hours farming metal for a base that will never be attacked. All of our information is correct, so calling us fanboys just shows how butthurt you are. And

10 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

BTW i built a metal base because i could.....thats all you need to know on that ¬¬

Edgy much? LOL how cool you are, playing on your little cheaty mode server that no one will ever know existed. You obviously boosted if youre level 100 with the game knowledge of a naked 5

19 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

Before you guys slander someone for how they play, accuse them of not knowing what they are doing at level 100, you might want to first ask yourself is this could be a bug of some kind...

Numerous times i stated to you guys i did not build on top of the mountain, even says that in the main post, i was so sure i wasnt doing nothing wrong, i thought to myself im not gonna let some fanboys ruin my game, so i went back into Ark, i needed some stone for paste, but the stones around my base still hadn't re spawned after an hours game play ?? so i exited my game and checked my settings, both respawn speed and distance where at 0.2, so i toggled this to 0,1, went back into the game and bang, all the trees, bushes and rocks around and in my base suddenly appeared, i thought hmmm, have all the metals ones re spawned on the mountain top too, so i went to the mountain and yes, all the metal rocks have come back....

Moral of the story, before you go round flaming someone for how they play and not knowing what they are doing, just make sure it might not be a bug first.....

If the 0.2 and 0,1 are exact copies of the settings you had, it sounds like maybe the . instead of , didn't get recognized?

1 hour ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Thats not a bug, LMFAO thats just standard. Congratulations on figuring out how to cheat to circumvent it. Thats the perk of playing sp, theres no rules. You can waste 100s of hours farming metal for a base that will never be attacked. All of our information is correct, so calling us fanboys just shows how butthurt you are. And

Edgy much? LOL how cool you are, playing on your little cheaty mode server that no one will ever know existed. You obviously boosted if youre level 100 with the game knowledge of a naked 5

I really dont see what your problem is, i like the look of the metal builds, is that ok with you ?
Its people like you who give forums a bad name, congrats 

People were not slandering you. They were informing you. Reread the posts but in a neutral tone.

Having a base in metal is fine. Great even. But you always want to build it in thatch first in case something does not work out or if you make a mistake. That way you do not waste precious resources. I did not say "do not ever build in metal because it is stupid". Again, reread but think about why people are saying those things.

The major "problem" everyone is giving you is that you are complaining about ignorance. Ignorance of the law does not exempt you from it. You cannot go speeding down a residential street, get pulled over, and tell the officer "sorry I did not know" and go about your day without consequence. You should know this information by the time the event occurred. You do not see other people speeding, so why do you think you can (in reference to the quetzal thing, which I had back when you could have turrets)? Plus you would think that after the first issue or two you had you would practice it out on single player or look it up online.

I very clearly said about a problem i had about metal not re spawning, immediately everyone jumped on me saying it was my fault and that after level 100 i should know what im doing....thats not me being ignorant...and thats also not being very helpful is it ??
I very clearly said that i built up the side of a mountain, not the top, most then kept telling me i shouldn't have built on top of the mountain and that i dont know what im doing, but thats me being ignorant ??

People then go on to presume that ive upped my XP gain to a 1000 times and that i want to slap a giga ?? firstly no relevance to the post, nor does building in metal, how do any of you know i hadnt already layed the foundation out in thatch ? because again you all presumed....how am i supposed to know what to look out for when i do build in thatch, i guess you all would have known to sit back for half and hour and see if the metal ores spawned back ?? i built in thatch to make sure i could build the base the size i wanted, thats what i was looking out for as the ground was uneven and thats what i did

This is when i get my back up, dont presume to know how i play, or completely ignore my first post and make things up as you go along to make me look like an idiot, and post things that hasnt even any relevance to the thread, doesn't matter if its metal or wood, its the same outcome, metal ores stopped spawning.....

I had this in a previous post where most where putting words into my mouth, saying one thing when i clearly said another, and yes there is a word for those type of people....and seems this forum has alot of them.

Its not me being ignorant, or not knowing how to play, no i dont know everything about what you can or cant do, but i knew i could build where i did based on not being able to build on top of the mountain, also read about someone who was doing this just the other day, so i knew it was possible, and as it turns out i was right, and it was a bug that was preventing the ores from spawning not where i built the industrial smelter, just like the bug i now have in my base that stopping me from adding anything to half of it ? but guess thats just me not knowing what im doing, no i haven't built up a huge base, i doubt even a 1000 items have being placed, but since i fixed the spawning issue i seem to have developed this one....

Not that its a problem, because i understand its a EA game, i would go and report it as a bug, along with the other issue, but ive pretty much lost any interest in this forum now >:(

And heres me thinking Steam forums where bad lol

6 hours ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

I would say more "cans and cants".  Im not sure of the objective WC has but the game does keep getting harder and harder. PC has mods, we don't. 

The game should be harder. It was way too easy to begin with. It has become a mere sandbox game instead of a survival game which was the main point of it. WC realized that and now the changes are coming. 

I hope it gets so hard you lose a few Dinos a day(without lag or crash issues) like seriously hard. Like predator(original) hard. That is what survival is. Ark is not survival by any way shape or form.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived