The center mega update oceans?

Samammo

18 hours ago, Samammo said:

I recently went back into the ocean for the first time since the mega update on the center. After I swam over to the east to look for pearls, I almost had a panic attack when I realised how deep it was.

so my question is- is there anything in the new deeper area?

thanks

In addition what @Royalstar mentioned, I think the tusos are moved down there - at least on our unofficial server we haven't seen a single tuso since the big update. Sadly all of them we found are spawned behind the rock walls, so they cannot come out, :( we cant tame them.

Otherwise we found NOTHING in the 3x deep ocean part. I can confirm the old deep sea lootcrate coordinates are stil valid (even the 2 on the top of the volcano islands are not fixed), I always find the 2 lootcrates in the regular depth sea. (2 more coordinates I found in the northern thrench, but they are between the existing coordinates so if you do your run between the potential crate locations you cant miss them)

So apart from taking a look on the ne area, there is no reason to go down there. I'm still wondering why the lonely dev @evilmrfrank took so much effort on this feature what has basically no purpose instead of making bossing proper on The Center (for example).

2 hours ago, szabiferi said:

In addition what @Royalstar mentioned, I think the tusos are moved down there - at least on our unofficial server we haven't seen a single tuso since the big update. Sadly all of them we found are spawned behind the rock walls, so they cannot come out, :( we cant tame them.

Otherwise we found NOTHING in the 3x deep ocean part. I can confirm the old deep sea lootcrate coordinates are stil valid (even the 2 on the top of the volcano islands are not fixed), I always find the 2 lootcrates in the regular depth sea. (2 more coordinates I found in the northern thrench, but they are between the existing coordinates so if you do your run between the potential crate locations you cant miss them)

So apart from taking a look on the ne area, there is no reason to go down there. I'm still wondering why the lonely dev @evilmrfrank took so much effort on this feature what has basically no purpose instead of making bossing proper on The Center (for example).

he said it was partly for TEK underwater bases. he wanted there to be alot of room so people could let their fantasies run wild :) 

41 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

he said it was partly for TEK underwater bases. he wanted there to be alot of room so people could let their fantasies run wild :) 

Without fixing the bosses to drop proper amount of element AND the necessary TEKgrams... :( (If I recall well, you cant get the TEK generator on The Center, for example)

Indeed there are workarounds (like do transfer to The Island and get the engrams there and farm elements for the components and build them there), but still, somehow the priorities were wrong. 

----

Not related to The Center itself, but I wonder how popular TEK underwater bases at all... I mean, industry wise they are useless (eg you cant farm metal effectively underwater), running and building it requires lots of elements, what needs bossing - but the TEK bases do not support the preparation and run regular boss killing. I was very eager when I first heards TEK underwater bases, but after I thought about it in serious way, it just turned out it is so costly and so limited use, we abandoned the idea. I wonder how many people/tribes built and live in TEK underwater bases at all...

Currently it  looks like a big dead end.. expensive and fancy stuff without too much actual usefulness...

9 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Without fixing the bosses to drop proper amount of element AND the necessary TEKgrams... :( (If I recall well, you cant get the TEK generator on The Center, for example)

Indeed there are workarounds (like do transfer to The Island and get the engrams there and farm elements for the components and build them there), but still, somehow the priorities were wrong. 

----

Not related to The Center itself, but I wonder how popular TEK underwater bases at all... I mean, industry wise they are useless (eg you cant farm metal effectively underwater), running and building it requires lots of elements, what needs bossing - but the TEK bases do not support the preparation and run regular boss killing. I was very eager when I first heards TEK underwater bases, but after I thought about it in serious way, it just turned out it is so costly and so limited use, we abandoned the idea. I wonder how many people/tribes built and live in TEK underwater bases at all...

Currently it  looks like a big dead end.. expensive and fancy stuff without too much actual usefulness...

well, our unofficial will add element to drops when we defeat the bosses, so we wont need to farm them all the time, just pick up a couple drops and you are good to go. i understand how on officials this could end up being problematic. But for me, i will most definitely make underwater bases :D 

Can you please elaborate? I'm also playing on unofficial.. did the admin adjust the element amount dropped for the duo bosses? 

And what is your plan with the underwater base? I dont see their benefit, yet.... no fliers, no land dinos, no strategic resources - even the bubbles seems to be more tempting for me... just to have a port for your sea animals? 

Archived