Angler Fish

Podric

No, meele helps quite a bit, so leveling it does help with the yields per node. I don't remember comparable numbers... We went from just short of 50 on a 120isch kibble tame and x1 to almost 100 with x1.5, a 140+ and quite a number of meele points. It can go up to 150 as far as we heard from other tribes. The consensus in my tribe is that It'll probably go even higher with imprint and mate boost. So for us, full meele it is.

It gathers a lot either way though, and after a while you'll be swimming in electronics. So if you need to evade hostile fish, it's probably better to push speed first. Even a relatively low level one will likely gather more than by hand, and it is a lot more convenient. You may not even need to gather more per node to sate your pearl/electronics needs.

14 hours ago, Eldante said:

I agree with this, doesn't seem to matter too much about melee so i just pump movement speed.

On 26.5.2017 at 7:56 AM, oScottieHo said:

They seem to gather the same amount regardless of melee,50 - 60 pearls a time.

Ive leveled movement,health and weight.

Melee is on 387.

This is a subjective observation, but sadly a wrong one. Ark works in a way that more damage always gives you better amounts of ressources. That's a core mechanic.

So yes. Damage does affect it.

On 5/28/2017 at 7:26 AM, Jostabeere said:

This is a subjective observation, but sadly a wrong one. Ark works in a way that more damage always gives you better amounts of ressources. That's a core mechanic.

So yes. Damage does affect it.

A Core mechanic yet balanced by movement speed. Gather more= move slower. Gather less= move faster. Personally, i enjoy just moving faster. I am sure 10 points in movement speed versus 10 points of melee on a newly tamed angler will reveal you will get more pearls with the speed as it probably isnt a huge amount at just 10-20 points in melee as was tested by previous individuals in the discussion. 

I tamed a level 30 or 40 just to check on the pearl gatehring abilities last week. I pumped its speed by 25% and and putting stam into the rest. I still have a vault full of pearls that are going unused. 

I'd say it depends on the level. if its a lower level fish just go for speed and stam, but if you can afford it w/ a higher level you should def increase dmg for more pearly goodness. 

34 minutes ago, Eldante said:

A Core mechanic yet balanced by movement speed. Gather more= move slower. Gather less= move faster. Personally, i enjoy just moving faster. I am sure 10 points in movement speed versus 10 points of melee on a newly tamed angler will reveal you will get more pearls with the speed as it probably isnt a huge amount at just 10-20 points in melee as was tested by previous individuals in the discussion. 

I know this. And this is right. But the post I quoted was about saying that damage does not affect it, which is simply wrong. The guy didn't say a thing about speed being en par with melee in regards of efficiency.

Just now, Jostabeere said:

I know this. And this is right. But the post I quoted was about saying that damage does not affect it, which is simply wrong. The guy didn't say a thing about speed being en par with melee in regards of efficiency.

No, but he did say you needed quite a few points to gain a substantial amount through melee :D.

Anyone who says melee doesn't matter is flat out wrong... big time wrong.

I did the tests.  I took a bred imprinted angler with 402.7 melee, and these are the results:

Tamed angler with 200 melee, no mate boost: 22 pearls per bite
Person without imprinting riding it, no mate boost: 48 pearls per bite
Person without imprinting riding it, mate boosted: 52 pearls per bite
Person WITH imprinting, no mate boost : 68 pearls per bite
Person WITH imprinting, mate boosted: 78 pearls per bite

---
I mean, it doesn't get more definitive than this.

Archived