Speed Boat Hype!

GP

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, psychosaurus409 said:

great now sea creatures are made even more useless and rafts where already made you basically invisible to every wild dino barring the now incredibly rare leedsichthys

I don't see a motorboat submerging to allow for harvesting pearls or fighting alpha creatures any time soon.

30 minutes ago, psychosaurus409 said:

great now sea creatures are made even more useless and rafts where already made you basically invisible to every wild dino barring the now incredibly rare leedsichthys

I think having scuba at level 80+ would have more of an impact than either rafts or a speed boat. Prim scuba is cheap and easy to make but why such a level?

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh908 said:

did they talk more about it?  if so where at?  I'm super excited about this and would love to know more about them1

I can't quote directly as I am on my PS4 Pro until next month. But Jeremy said "now you can put a fancy new toilet on your fancy new speed boat....!" in his tweet revealing the boat for the first time

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, ShawnWolf said:

The hype is real.

Apparently we can place toilets and other structures on it? Bye bye raft

I don't think rafts will be going away any time soon. I mean, they're still going to be a lower level unlock that would not require gas to power them.

7 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

I don't think rafts will be going away any time soon. I mean, they're still going to be a lower level unlock that would not require gas to power them.

Bye bye as in the raft is no longer the only boat. It uses gasoline which I've made lots of for my JM Chainsaw. Stoked to finally have a good way to travel the seas aside from a mosa platform submarine lol. We've desperately needed one of these IMO because of Leeds and Alpha Megalodon.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

This is a good addition :) Do you think the Leedsichthys will aggro to it like the wooden raft? My assumption would be not, but that re-opens the whole boat spam issue so it's possible that it might. I suppose, though, it can out-speed them quite effectively.

It's entirely possible that even if the Leeds were to aggro and damage a speed boat that the latter would be more durable and faster than a raft.

18 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I'll one up you and say make MANTA's your ski's....can you picture yourself grapplehooking yourself to your speedboat, have a tribemate drive, while you stand on your manta and surf the waves? Sounds awesome in my book.

One up on that parasailing with grapple hook and parachute all ready in game. Once you said grapple hook I got a lot more interested in speed boat.

Incoming Tek submarines with laser guns like any of their tek saddles xD I will love this speed boat! I hope it is fairly expensive so that not too many low levels are able to craft one right away to destroy the water, and I also hope it takes a high level to craft! :D Overall I am very excited for this speed boat and many more updates to come! *Go WildCard*

Archived