Nerf Tek Rifles and Rexs!

Pogue1995

Tek tier is officially running the game for me.  People can sit out of turret range and just spray holes into my base without the tek projectiles being shot at all.

This needs nerfed big time make the range shorter so the Rex or Rifle has to be in turret range and people cant just stand back and spray with it and make holes so Pteras can fly through your base. 

Ridiculous how easy it is to do. Takes no skill whatsoever. Either make the range shorter or let turrets actually shoot the tek projectiles. 

Surely balancing is needed.

But dont worry boys, we just started to get the TEK tier items, and this is a clear sign it will be nerfed.

Because when I finally made a good breed of ptera and quetz, we got the flier nerf, when we a started to build bases from valut we got the vault size change... so no more than a patch or two, and TEK will be nerfed :D

47 minutes ago, Crows said:

Yeah I thought that was messed up, how Tek rex and rifles can shoot out of turret range while blasting holes in walls. Oversight if you ask me.

Hey.. even the handheld rifle have greater range than the turrets? While it's damage not a big deal (so might no be that OP) I hope it cant damage turrets...

The turrets can't withstand rex shots. They can not repel shots.  And they can't get to the Rex.  This allows him to break down structures with impunity.  He easily copes with all kinds of defensive means.  Unlike the tek rifle doesn't overheat.  And the only way to stop it is to neutralize the player. But in large battles to the killed player there is always a quick replacement. Organic turrets perish from 1 hit. + And his shots cause lags.

6 hours ago, Pogue1995 said:

That's a bit stupid isn't it? Kind of defeats the purpose of all the nerfs WC have done to make raiding harder. If that's the case and "they deserve to do that" they may aswell allow Ptera bombs again with 300% speed 

Haha, you didn't have to do all the caves then defeat all the bosses on several difficulties to get c4 and a Ptera did you? Besides higher level players have always been able to obliterate lower level players, tell me how is a level 25 player supposed to defend against a level 90 player?

16 hours ago, DinoDash said:

Haha, you didn't have to do all the caves then defeat all the bosses on several difficulties to get c4 and a Ptera did you? Besides higher level players have always been able to obliterate lower level players, tell me how is a level 25 player supposed to defend against a level 90 player?

I have tek tier on Officials I know how OP and stupid the Rex and rifles are. I can sit out of range at someone's base with 200+ turrets spray walls off and fly a ptera through it. 

Can you explain more about what you mean by the level 25/90 statement? Because I don't understand how this relates at all.

21 hours ago, Leviathon121 said:

My guess would be tek turrets and the force field generators are supposed to be the counters for the tek rifle and tek saddle, but who knows I could be wrong. Is the range on the tek turret any further than the regular one by chance? I haven't really had the time to do any testing.

Even if the turret range is higher (I hope it is, but no clue) the problem with countering, it requires insane amount of element to run that defense. If you want to protect a medium sized base with TEK turrets, that means you need to run a TEK generator around/on the highest distance setting, thats 1 element / hour  just to have the guns powered. For me, the TEK generator requirement just ruled out the usage of TEK turrets on my base. I wonder why the TEK turrets cannot get power from the regular generator via the conventional cabling/connector way...

Then you need to build the turrets and feed them with ammo, as an additional element cost....

16 hours ago, DinoDash said:

Player level is not really relevant in PVP imo. Armor and weapon damage is independent on player stats, and if the fight happens by riding dinos, then even the secondary combat related player stats like HP/stamina/weight are irrelevant.

I agree that there should be benefits having higher tier equipment over the lower tier one, but TEK tier weapon shouldn't COMPLETELY negate the one lower tier defense.

It would be like a fabricated sniper guy could own 100% a longneck sniper one, just because he has higher tier weapon. Thats nonsense, and luckily not the case - except with the TEK tier weaponry...

11 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Even if the turret range is higher (I hope it is, but no clue) the problem with countering, it requires insane amount of element to run that defense. If you want to protect a medium sized base with TEK turrets, that means you need to run a TEK generator around/on the highest distance setting, thats 1 element / hour  just to have the guns powered. For me, the TEK generator requirement just ruled out the usage of TEK turrets on my base. I wonder why the TEK turrets cannot get power from the regular generator via the conventional cabling/connector way...

Then you need to build the turrets and feed them with ammo, as an additional element cost....

Yeah that would require it to be offline and turned on only when its needed and you can't always be on to play.

Anything below Tek is incredibly easy to get. You just gather resources and craft it, or better yet loot it from a supply crate or another player. To get Tek weapons you need to breed up an army of super dinos and defeat a boss. An alpha boss in the case of the Rex saddle. You can't even use a Tek weapon that someone else earned; you need to personally defeat the boss in order to use the weapons. What would be the point in doing that if the reward isn't even better than plain turrets that anyone can craft?

Something else that people need to realize is that even if we were talking about items of the same tier your base is simply not meant to be impenetrable. Particularly if you choose to play on a non-ORP PvP server. If defenses were so good that most attacks fail even when the defender is offline then what would be the point in even trying to attack someone who is online to defend? Nevermind the fact that we're talking about Tek offense vs modern defense...

50 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

Anything below Tek is incredibly easy to get. You just gather resources and craft it, or better yet loot it from a supply crate or another player. To get Tek weapons you need to breed up an army of super dinos and defeat a boss. An alpha boss in the case of the Rex saddle. You can't even use a Tek weapon that someone else earned; you need to personally defeat the boss in order to use the weapons. What would be the point in doing that if the reward isn't even better than plain turrets that anyone can craft?

Something else that people need to realize is that even if we were talking about items of the same tier your base is simply not meant to be impenetrable. Particularly if you choose to play on a non-ORP PvP server. If defenses were so good that most attacks fail even when the defender is offline then what would be the point in even trying to attack someone who is online to defend? Nevermind the fact that we're talking about Tek offense vs modern defense...

"To get Tek weapons you need to breed up an army of super dinos and defeat a boss"

Lol mate I play official and no one in my tribe breeds dinos for the bosses. The only 1 dino you need is 1 Rex for the dragon. The rest need no dinos.

Idc if its Tek vs Primitive or what the fact that someone can just spray holes into a base with ease and fly through it defeats the purpose of all these recent nerfs to make raiding harder. Its BS and needs fixed. 

4 minutes ago, Pogue1995 said:

"To get Tek weapons you need to breed up an army of super dinos and defeat a boss"

Lol mate I play official and no one in my tribe breeds dinos for the bosses. The only 1 dino you need is 1 Rex for the dragon. The rest need no dinos.

Idc if its Tek vs Primitive or what the fact that someone can just spray holes into a base with ease and fly through it defeats the purpose of all these recent nerfs to make raiding harder. Its BS and needs fixed. 

Something seems fishy here , 1 rex is not enough for the dragon , unless its a 50k health, 10000% melee rex then it might do the job

2 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

let's pretend that's on an official(We both it couldn't be imho) how many f***ing months did that take to breed into those stats!?

its not hard to breed dinos for generations if you have a large tribe to support it, breed 50 dinos at a time people bring meat round the clock. Large chance of mutations. Official or not makes no difference just need the manpower. 4.5 days for a full mature rex breed in 3 groups of 10 at different time of day. after the first 5 days you have 30 imprinted rexes. That's 180 rexes for chance of mutation stats a month, and if you add more to the breed pool as they mature, the number is far higher.

Just now, lvirusl said:

its not hard to breed dinos for generations if you have a large tribe to support it, breed 50 dinos at a time people bring meat round the clock. Large chance of mutations. Official or not makes no difference just need the manpower. 4.5 days for a full mature rex breed in 3 groups of 10 at different time of day. after the first 5 days you have 30 imprinted rexes. That's 180 rexes for chance of mutation stats a month, and if you add more to the breed pool as they mature, the number is far higher.

Hmm Ok seems a lot less time consuming then I originally thought. I tried breeding once sad to say I don't have the patience lol . Nor the time for it. 

Archived