Nerf Tek Rifles and Rexs!

Pogue1995

7 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

its not hard to breed dinos for generations if you have a large tribe to support it, breed 50 dinos at a time people bring meat round the clock. Large chance of mutations. Official or not makes no difference just need the manpower. 4.5 days for a full mature rex breed in 3 groups of 10 at different time of day. after the first 5 days you have 30 imprinted rexes. That's 180 rexes for chance of mutation stats a month, and if you add more to the breed pool as they mature, the number is far higher.

Then again, 10000% melee is impossible. 50k Hp is doable

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Then again, 10000% melee is impossible. 50k Hp is doable

10000% may be impossible but max possible melee dmg level without breeding is around 1455% melee if you are super lucky(perfect tame with all levels in melee pre and post tame), factor in mutations from breeding,30% imprint bonus and it can still get pretty high.

32 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

10000% may be impossible but max possible melee dmg level without breeding is around 1455% melee if you are super lucky(perfect tame with all levels in melee pre and post tame), factor in mutations from breeding,30% imprint bonus and it can still get pretty high.

Yea it can get insane hahahah

4 hours ago, Pogue1995 said:

"To get Tek weapons you need to breed up an army of super dinos and defeat a boss"

Lol mate I play official and no one in my tribe breeds dinos for the bosses. The only 1 dino you need is 1 Rex for the dragon. The rest need no dinos.

Idc if its Tek vs Primitive or what the fact that someone can just spray holes into a base with ease and fly through it defeats the purpose of all these recent nerfs to make raiding harder. Its BS and needs fixed. 

What do you just do have 10 people with OP weapons and a poop ton of ammo?

You might need more players in your tribe to snipe the Tek Rex rider off the mount or combat them so they can't shoot your base. But in the end, I agree that they have a ridiculously long range. I was very upset that the Tek Turrets do not shoot the Tek Rifle or Tek Rex shots. I was hoping that the Tek Turret would combat the Tek Rex and Tek Rifle.

3 hours ago, Leviathon121 said:

What do you just do have 10 people with OP weapons and a poop ton of ammo?

Its possible to do every hard boss with just 5 people. But good weapons are key yes 180/250 dmg compound bows with 300/400 arrows with 5 people usually does the job. There's alot of videos showing methods on how to do the bosses and get it stuck etc

Tek Rexes and rifles do need to be nerfed, you shouldn't be able to stand back and blow holes in peoples bases. But tek tier is meant to be higher tier, so conventional turrets not having the range of a tek rex (allowing you to shoot the rex/ rifle without being shot) makes sense. The Answer is to make tek turrets be able to shoot down tek projectiles, so that you have to have tek to defend your base from Tek tier.

The other problem is the insane cost of running tek turrets on any medium-large size base. you need to have your generator on the highest setting, which costs on element an hour. It would make more sense for 1 elemental shard per hour, considering your already using a lot of element for the bullets in your tek turrets.

11 hours ago, Snapshot said:

Hmm Ok seems a lot less time consuming then I originally thought. I tried breeding once sad to say I don't have the patience lol . Nor the time for it. 

The more you have the more you get. As solo player I start losing heart when all my time goes in to feeding them. With the theri available now, after my small break from the game, I might give mass breeding another go.

22 hours ago, Pogue1995 said:

"To get Tek weapons you need to breed up an army of super dinos and defeat a boss"

Lol mate I play official and no one in my tribe breeds dinos for the bosses. The only 1 dino you need is 1 Rex for the dragon. The rest need no dinos.

I beat the Dragon solo with no tames, just by standing underneath his back legs. When he flies away, just hide under a rock and stab the fliers with a pike.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived