v257.56 Compressed Animations (Looking for Feedback)

Jen

No issues playing or client side and no crashes from either client or server, but have noticed the server appears to be using a lot more CPU resource suddenly (dedicated server, i7 processor, 16GB RAM). This may be coincidence and I'm probably just imagining it, but is the server having to work harder to compress/uncompress animations perhaps?

• Administrator
8 hours ago, eco said:

Noticeable jittery animation when in 3rd person and you access inventory also in chair as someone mentioned above.

Happen to have a video of this? I'll check it out.

16 hours ago, LadyCrescent said:

@Jat

Since version 257.56 I'm getting a fatal error crash. I played for around an hour and fifteen minute the first time, but I was just standing in my outpost doing Resource Crops conversions. The second time it happened within five minutes, when I left my base with an argent from Annunaki Genesis.

I'm playing single player, on Ragnarok, with Annunaki Genesis, Dragons and Elite Creatures, S+, Reusable+, Pillars+, Resource stacks and Resource Crops.

I hope this helps resolve the issue.

Do you think you can browse to this location "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Logs" and open the crashstack in notepad, copy the contents to www.pastebin.com and then send it our way? :)

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Jagon said:

as with the earlier person that posted, I have been getting a server crash after updating to the latest patch. this usually occurs ~5-10 minutes after signing in. it is a dedicated server, running on the same computer as I play on, usually with two other people. I am hosting a vanilla only server, 0 mods. the crashlog is as follows:

my apologies for the wall of text, but since I see that there's some definite animation shenanigans going on in the first few lines I thought this would be the place to post it. Also this may be of interest but I validated all files, found 3 corrupt and repaired them. still get the same crash though. the crash is replicable on my server...in fact I wish it weren't.

We've just fixed your crash and uploaded it, you'll see it posted as 257.56! 

5 hours ago, Jat said:

Do you think you can browse to this location "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Logs" and open the crashstack in notepad, copy the contents to www.pastebin.com and then send it our way? :)

Here are the two that I got:

This first one happened after about five minutes of game time, when I left my base with an argent from Annunaki Genesis.

https://pastebin.com/FW2nWAtq

And this one happened after around an hour. I was standing in my base doing conversions for Resource Crops and didn't leave the bench. It gave me this error when I tried to exit the game, on the loading screen before the main menu would have shown up.

https://pastebin.com/zHQtgDDR

Aside from that, it's pretty rare for me to get fatal errors. And the last two I could decipher the cause (P.S: picking up the pegomastax still causes a crash...or at least, mine did, lol.). But as soon as 257.56 hit, my game's performance has been strange...the animal's animations stutter or drop frames, and then there's the fatal errors.

Thanks for looking into it!

Other day when taking down a giga my crossbow would not reload and would aim at it. Left clicking would reload the crossbow and then I could fire. Not ever shot but towards the end of the knocking out process it was hsowing more and more. Might just have been a graphics glitch, a desync witht he client or whatever. I was on PVE official server 374 and this was around 3am central us time if that helps.

I don't know if this problems related, but after compression patch torch fire and crops animations broken now. After first animation loop all my plants start acting weird (leaves float away, or carrots grow to the sky). My tribemates see this animation bugs too. Also sometimes torch fire after first loop start rotating and "jump".
And yes, after this patch if I come really close to any animated object my fps drops to 15-20 (40-50 if I look from distance).
Sorry for all this, I don't have words to describe this problem on english.

I'm not getting any crashes (thank the lord) however I have noticed ALOT more game freezes. I've tried to replicate it a few times but it appears its completely random.

Game will completely freeze, then 5-30 seconds later it catchs up with itself and bounced back to life. Any longer and I get the "lost connect/timed out" message and then I have to reconnect (this isn't internet related)

On 5/29/2017 at 7:44 AM, Drugged Kaddy said:

I don't know if this problems related, but after compression patch torch fire and crops animations broken now. After first animation loop all my plants start acting weird (leaves float away, or carrots grow to the sky). My tribemates see this animation bugs too. Also sometimes torch fire after first loop start rotating and "jump".
And yes, after this patch if I come really close to any animated object my fps drops to 15-20 (40-50 if I look from distance).
Sorry for all this, I don't have words to describe this problem on english.

This. Crop leaves will suddenly be 10x bigger than my base. They will fix themselves only if you look at them from a certain angle...it's very weird...

Also I dunno if this has anything to do with the animations, but I tamed a new sabertooth yesterday and for some reason when it was 'walking' (the speed and animation it does when it's getting close to you) it was quite slow...I put it on wander afterwards and it was walking at half the speed of an earlier tamed saber, both of which had not had their speed uped at all. I don't know what happened though, but he did fix himself somehow, maybe when I flew out of render distance.

Some dino's on wander are oddly quick too...our tamed Scorpion when wandering is bloody fast, like way faster than a wild scorpion hunting you down. Also no points into speed. These are the only one's that seemed 'odd' to me.

My crops have done that for quite some time. Kind of funny but irritating.

Um, me and my grlriend's wyverns are having an extreme delay on the textures loading. If we leave the area the textures need to load again for a few minutes. She's using a new ROG laptop and I'm using a desktop with a GTX 970. This never happened before. Also, I'm getting noticeable freezes while using the inventory and walking around since the patch. Game was crisp at 45 fps and had no issues prior to updating. 

22 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

Last night I noticed that my Quetz can do a 180 in a nano second now when airborne.  It's just an instantaneous flip to the new heading.

I can also confirm what eco and the others have mentioned about trembling of your character when seated.  I probably have that on video somewhere if you still need it.

Update:  As of last night the Quetz issue appears to be resolved.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived