Is caving possible in SP ? Help

WolfeUK

After hundreds of hours i decided to do some caving, met my first Scorpion, level 272 ?? then within seconds there where spiders, flying insects, loads of them, against one person ? i died before i even had chance to scratch my ass, so i decided to go god mode and take a look, ALL the creatures are above 200 with some over 300, most take about 5 rockets or more to kill one, yet alone a army of them....

I know this is 'Ark' and should be hard, but there is a big difference between hard and impossible, how is a Single player supposed to do this alone, ive seriously no interest in killing one, running out, then going back in to kill another, shouldn't be like that,

The entrance was too thin for any dino help, it was the one in the redwood forest ? did i pick the hardest one first ?

swamp cave. certain dinos do fit in. also, has toxic air so you have to wear proper clothing. that, and snow cave have uber leveled dinos. using a mount with it's invulnerable saddle protection is a must, especially when you go solo. i know you don't like to play by other rules but whatever. the first swarm spawns back within half an hour so...whatever. wiki!!!

This has got nothing to do with rules, not sure why you keep following me round going on about rules ? 

Anyway, i came here asking for help, if you say i will need to wear proper clothing then i will, but this is not a rule...if i need to take a dino in then i will find one that will fit, but again this is not a rule....

Survival games can be played a multitude of ways, there are no rules, just someones way of playing that works for them

Anyway i went and looked at some vids, 

First guy i watched gave up and went infinite stats lol

35 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

This has got nothing to do with rules, not sure why you keep following me round going on about rules ? 

Anyway, i came here asking for help, if you say i will need to wear proper clothing then i will, but this is not a rule...if i need to take a dino in then i will find one that will fit, but again this is not a rule....

Survival games can be played a multitude of ways, there are no rules, just someones way of playing that works for them

9_9

4 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

After hundreds of hours i decided to do some caving, met my first Scorpion, level 272 ?? then within seconds there where spiders, flying insects, loads of them, against one person ? i died before i even had chance to scratch my ass, so i decided to go god mode and take a look, ALL the creatures are above 200 with some over 300, most take about 5 rockets or more to kill one, yet alone a army of them....

I know this is 'Ark' and should be hard, but there is a big difference between hard and impossible, how is a Single player supposed to do this alone, ive seriously no interest in killing one, running out, then going back in to kill another, shouldn't be like that,

The entrance was too thin for any dino help, it was the one in the redwood forest ? did i pick the hardest one first ?

No point in going in without dinos, it might be possible with enough time and ammo, but not worth it at all. Take a frog or baryonyx, wolves and sabers are mediocre against the swarm. I do it all the time solo, it isn't that hard. But yes, it is one of the harder caves. The others have normal level spawns except the hard ice cave and the underwater caves. 

2 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

I don't know what the other guy was talking about but its fairly common sense stuff. Like someone throwing you into a pit with a bear and giving you the option of a 3 inch stick or a gun with ammo. Obviously ingenuity and adaptation is humanity's greatest strengths, so you'd choose the gun unless you had a dead wish. So instead bring your own monster to a fight with a monster, baryonyx works great in that cave.

6 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

I would love to see this being done solo

I did it with a lvl 120 baryonyx..in order to fit make him follow you and move around until he fits. The biggest problems are the meganeura..the rest you can knock back and position yourself once. If you clear it once, the next time there will be less creatures..at least that s what it seemed to me...

Also you need scuba armor to not die form the poison in the air

If u want to kill it without a dino...pump action shot gun I guess, alot of stimulants..hq pike or sword for insects?

Don t bother goin alone. get a dino

1 hour ago, June said:

You should bring a Direwolf or a Thylacaleo, I often use Thylas and havent died yet :P

Please, don't bring a Direwolf! They suck in the swamp-cave and they have no saddle. Get a really high level frog and pump HP and mostly melee. For gear you have to bring scuba mask, tank and legs + ghillie gloves & boots. And some stimulants as well. ;) 

With swamp cave you need some protection the poison is too powerful you'll die 1/4 in just running it with no enemies to stop your path.

But you can solo on foot the dinos. A single foundation at a choke point SHOULD block all land dinos.

Leaving you to finish off the mosquitos first.

Then finish off the land dinos with ranged.

11 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

Um every cave you can bring Dino's in. Use wiki to see what u can use in each cave. You were in the swamp cave I suggest wolf or saber or frog. It can be done solo without tames as well.

I know for a fact u cant bring any rideable dinos in the snow cave, but im pretty sure u can bring dimorphidons and the sort

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, DeZiLL313 said:

I know for a fact u cant bring any rideable dinos in the snow cave, but im pretty sure u can bring dimorphidons and the sort

Did I say it was dinos you could ride no... I said you can bring dinos in... I also told him to check wiki and see.  also according to wiki the snow cave you can bred a bear and use it or bring spider in... http://ark.gamepedia.com/Snow_Cave

Not that I really give 2 dino poops about this conversation... Please don't quote me again if you cant understand what I wrote the first time.

Um every cave you can bring Dino's in. Use wiki to see what u can use in each cave. You were in the swamp cave I suggest wolf or saber or frog. It can be done solo without tames as well

7 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

Did I say it was dinos you could ride no... I said you can bring dinos in... I also told him to check wiki and see.  also according to wiki the snow cave you can bred a bear and use it or bring spider in... http://ark.gamepedia.com/Snow_Cave

Not that I really give 2 dino poops about this conversation... Please don't quote me again if you cant understand what I wrote the first time.

Um every cave you can bring Dino's in. Use wiki to see what u can use in each cave. You were in the swamp cave I suggest wolf or saber or frog. It can be done solo without tames as well

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol. Just for that saltiness Ima quote you again. I figured Id just specify that you cant ride dinos in all caves for the op so not to cause any confusion. Never meant to offend you so bad. Have a good day :)

Archived