Too many structures nearby??????!!!!

Jigsaw6969

Well, i have a problem with this "bug" or whatever you want to call it, the problem is, i try to put a cealing and this message appear, im fine with dat, the problem is if i demolish another one , i can't put it again..... DILO is this??? and i demolish half of my build and still can't build nothing, when i don't make nothing else new near my base.

Someone can help me with dat problem???

Seriusly im thinking to unistall , cause i waste so much time and now i can't do nothing,... plz help.

PC? XBOX? PS4? How big is your base? You might have hit the structure limit, but you say you demoed something and can't place something else. You might be too close to a beacon. I had that problem with my base on the center map. There was a patch that supposedly made it so you can't build near beacon locations on PVE. There was one that came down in the center of my base only after server resets. Made it so I could no do anything with the base.

Might be a broken beacon location.

There are honestly so many posts about this if you take a second to look, but just for I will explain it again. It doesn't go by a 1:1 ratio for demolishing/replacing. The structure limit starts to grow in an oval shape from the center of your base outwards as you continue to build. If you build a big base or high density base(a lot of items close together) you will start to see a no build zone appearing. The best way to mitigate this problem is to furnish each area as you build. Don't build a giant box and then go to place interior walls/structures. This way you can stay ahead of the structure limit. 

That being said, where you are trying to put your ceiling tile matters greatly in how many structures you need to destroy. If it's at the center of your base then you need to destroy a substantial amount to build that tile or if it's on the edge of the base than it may only be 10 items or so needing to be deleted. 

39 minutes ago, SAMPS0N7 said:

There are honestly so many posts about this if you take a second to look, but just for I will explain it again. It doesn't go by a 1:1 ratio for demolishing/replacing. The structure limit starts to grow in an oval shape from the center of your base outwards as you continue to build. If you build a big base or high density base(a lot of items close together) you will start to see a no build zone appearing. The best way to mitigate this problem is to furnish each area as you build. Don't build a giant box and then go to place interior walls/structures. This way you can stay ahead of the structure limit. 

That being said, where you are trying to put your ceiling tile matters greatly in how many structures you need to destroy. If it's at the center of your base then you need to destroy a substantial amount to build that tile or if it's on the edge of the base than it may only be 10 items or so needing to be deleted. 

I'm impressed with how you figured this out. Do you know an estimate of how many structures you can place in one area at a time or a link to where you discovered some of this information? Would be nice to have an idea of what we are limited to building. 

1 hour ago, ShawnWolf said:

I'm impressed with how you figured this out. Do you know an estimate of how many structures you can place in one area at a time or a link to where you discovered some of this information? Would be nice to have an idea of what we are limited to building. 

From what I have read it's 10,500 on PC and 7500 on console. As far as I know there is no dev response to structure limit or how it truly reacts but this is what I have found through research as well as personal experience. My tribemate and I just built a skyscraper on Xbox official PvE and we were constantly fighting the structure limit but it is possible to build around it. 

https://screenshotscontent-t2002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274792113648-private/2b606673-4fa0-4c18-8e2c-b419a699e8a4.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=O9UIczxHKldTm%2Bg2YMJDHM1y%2FsPw5JSMhA9yYzrVXk8%3D

1 hour ago, SAMPS0N7 said:

From what I have read it's 10,500 on PC and 7500 on console. As far as I know there is no dev response to structure limit or how it truly reacts but this is what I have found through research as well as personal experience. My tribemate and I just built a skyscraper on Xbox official PvE and we were constantly fighting the structure limit but it is possible to build around it. 

https://screenshotscontent-t2002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274792113648-private/2b606673-4fa0-4c18-8e2c-b419a699e8a4.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=O9UIczxHKldTm%2Bg2YMJDHM1y%2FsPw5JSMhA9yYzrVXk8%3D

Wait, is that 7500 structures in a single render/area? Or each map (The Center, Island, Scorched) is limited to a total 7500 structures per map?

Archived