Why?! is the base(Snap point) of the Industrial forge so daaang small?!

Rancor

VENT: Have industrial forge on 4 ceilings held by pillars. I couldn't access the forge from the front so I demo the ONE ceiling closest to the front and BOOM RIP forge :/

Something so massive should have a larger snap point, I can place small items 80% over hanging from a catwalk but the forge has a single tile support?

P.S. Noob moves sucks #ARKLogicFail 

I placed a metal behemoth gate on top of a plant turret, the species x was right in the middle where the doors met. The plant turret died from lack of irrigation or whatever so I demolished the crop plot, and the ENTIRE metal behemoth gate got destroyed. Not even just the doors, the gateframe too. Such a stupid waste of 3600 metal. So I feel your pain lol

4 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

I placed a metal behemoth gate on top of a plant turret, the species x was right in the middle where the doors met. The plant turret died from lack of irrigation or whatever so I demolished the crop plot, and the ENTIRE metal behemoth gate got destroyed. Not even just the doors, the gateframe too. Such a stupid waste of 3600 metal. So I feel your pain lol

Ouch! I had a plant die on me like that just the other night, but I demo'd it with the gate open and it wasn't to close to the edge. So maybe I got lucky there. 

You can just place the forge on a 1x1 ceiling which is itself placed on a single 1high pillar... can access it from all sides and below, and it doesn't hinder movement since you can run underneath it.

You can have multiple forges that require no room on the base level, you can even put smithys directly below the for easy ingot transfer.

5 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

I hate that you can place the forge and if it's too close to a wall it will be half way out the building and can be damaged form outside, had to demo a few forges because of that 

Use K mode for placing bigger items so you can see that it won't be poking out. Also helps for placing forges on pillared 1x1 ceiling tiles. :)

On 5/23/2017 at 11:10 AM, Drinkinthepink said:

You can just place the forge on a 1x1 ceiling which is itself placed on a single 1high pillar... can access it from all sides and below, and it doesn't hinder movement since you can run underneath it.

You can have multiple forges that require no room on the base level, you can even put smithys directly below the for easy ingot transfer.

Tried this but I guess it was not centered enough because I couldn't access it from the front, just everywhere else... 

Archived