Dear devs,

i hope this http://kotaku.com/the-many-kinds-of-poop-in-ark-survival-evolved-1795315471 is a joke.

We are waiting for flyer mk3, to repair this insane BS. People wait now for more than 2 months to get again at least some fun while flying within that game, and you really give us a throne for taking a s*** instead? I mean, seriously? Dudes, i have more than 3k hours on the counter, with very low playtimes lately, because of that flyer mess. Me and many more really, really hoped, you fix that flyer unusability. All long time players on that official server we play on cutted our playtimes in half, to say the least.

You wont get people back playing like in the old days and for sure buying more addons/dlcs, if you fooling arround with them this way. 

GG Wildcard. You had my support for almost 2 years. Its decreasing more and more, and I am puzzled, what i should do in the future. For the sake of your own creation, you should really think twice, if it is really that, players want most. Think of it, almost half the time, players arent even arround their base because of stupid long taming times and resource grinding. And that time is going to be less in average, compared to pre flyer nerf because of greater durations of hauling stuff home. The only time players stick to their bases now is while insane long baby times.

We need a very good reason, to stay there, on pvp its even less, because bases there aren't built for their nice design, more for defense purposes only. And they need even more time to defend their bases. With the new pvp meta (Rex Tek Saddle > all) its even more unrealisitic, to convince people to stay at home to use that freakin toilet. 

My advice: Shedule the next patch 2 weeks later on, and take some vacation. And rethink your work. Noone wants another DayZ because of sh**ty game design decisions, but thats the way you are heading towards.

just my 2 cents

Flyers are perfectly useable. Just not the exact same way they used to be. Which is the point of changing them. What makes you think they'll go back to being like they were if they keep fiddling with it?
Oh, and they did give you the tools to change them back. Well, they dropped the ball on not making it an .ini option, but you have the tools all the same. If you decide not to use them, that's on you.

5 hours ago, BulletForce said:

You'll be waiting forever if you think they are going to bring back Jurassic WIngs mode anytime soon. Move on champ, there is more to this game then flying dinos.

The majority of players have already reached this conclusion and are enjoying the refreshing new gameplay the balance patch introduced.

lol@thisguy

7 hours ago, hsaK said:

My advice: Shedule the next patch 2 weeks later on, and take some vacation. And rethink your work. Noone wants another DayZ because of sh**ty game design decisions, but thats the way you are heading towards.

Where is your advice? Sending someone on vacation is not a creative feedback. If you really feel that something is broken then bring it forward, only crying for an old month patch is not a wise idea, one month is enough to research what mount you need most these days. 

People who say Flyers are useless then they need to think abt it again, I enjoy my Ptrea, Argy and Wyvern. I found myself Ptera and Wyvern still a good flyer and fast. I spend my returned stat on stamina and no issue with fly long. 

Most people crying over flyer nerf only cause of metal farming, are u serious guys?

4 hours ago, GP said:

I think it's great. I want more stuff to put in my base to make it feel homely.

They are so close to finishing content and release now that it's getting to the exciting stage of optimisation and bug fixes. Flyers are not broken, they aren't necessarily a priority right now.

I hope someone has suggest or they have thought about doing PVE worlds with all engrams available for people to pick and choose. It would make a more dynamic world to see people who use the differnt engrams from Prime Plus and Vanilla Ark.

12 hours ago, hsaK said:

Dear devs,

i hope this http://kotaku.com/the-many-kinds-of-poop-in-ark-survival-evolved-1795315471 is a joke.

We are waiting for flyer mk3, to repair this insane BS. People wait now for more than 2 months to get again at least some fun while flying within that game, and you really give us a throne for taking a s*** instead? I mean, seriously? Dudes, i have more than 3k hours on the counter, with very low playtimes lately, because of that flyer mess. Me and many more really, really hoped, you fix that flyer unusability. All long time players on that official server we play on cutted our playtimes in half, to say the least.

You wont get people back playing like in the old days and for sure buying more addons/dlcs, if you fooling arround with them this way. 

GG Wildcard. You had my support for almost 2 years. Its decreasing more and more, and I am puzzled, what i should do in the future. For the sake of your own creation, you should really think twice, if it is really that, players want most. Think of it, almost half the time, players arent even arround their base because of stupid long taming times and resource grinding. And that time is going to be less in average, compared to pre flyer nerf because of greater durations of hauling stuff home. The only time players stick to their bases now is while insane long baby times.

We need a very good reason, to stay there, on pvp its even less, because bases there aren't built for their nice design, more for defense purposes only. And they need even more time to defend their bases. With the new pvp meta (Rex Tek Saddle > all) its even more unrealisitic, to convince people to stay at home to use that freakin toilet. 

just my 2 cents

I am sorry to tell you this but even though I have tried to give people hope about mk3 probably coming, I think it is time to realize it is almost for sure that it probably won't happen. This is my opinion.

and you are right there is more important things out there and the most important is OPTIMIZATIONS. And after this next patch it will finally be here.

i don't really care about the toilet either. That could have easily been thrown i at release. I do think in my opinion that the toilet is what was decided to happen instead of mk3. Beta is coming and they fliers are fine now. I have been having fun on the wyverns getting desert drops. It that time consuming at all.

Never said, flyer nerf has to be undone. Said it has to be set to a stage, where they are usable again. Or nerf speed on all creatures and players as well.... no just dont do that. Then nobody is playing anymore. I ve seen ground animals with movement speed 200+, so i think that will be the next meta after nerfing tek rex saddles, to outrun turrets. 

4 hours ago, GEonWAR said:

Where is your advice? Sending someone on vacation is not a creative feedback. If you really feel that something is broken then bring it forward, only crying for an old month patch is not a wise idea, one month is enough to research what mount you need most these days. 

I think they miss the forest for the trees, because they are so heavily involved in the development process. Sometimes you need to step back a little, to see the whole thing from a better view. And thats my opinion and my advice, and that helps more often than not. Also i have good ground mounts, as i had them before. I was used to use also my bears and my terrorbirds and the thylas are amazing too. But that doesnt illegitimate my hope, they do flyer mk3. I am just afraid, they sit there till the anger will cool down and let it be that way. Would literally destroy the game for me, and thats sad.

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

I am sorry to tell you this but even though I have tried to give people hope about mk3 probably coming, I think it is time to realize it is almost for sure that it probably won't happen. This is my opinion.

The lead game designer just last week mentioned in an interview that the flyer changes still need some adjustments, so mk3 is still on his mind.  I'll see if I can find a link to the interview.  I didn't link to the location in the interview, but at least I put it at the beginning of it and skipped past a bunch of pre interview rambling, though I did hear a few tidbits in there as well.  Bummer link doesn't work quite right, watch in twitch and go to about 25 minutes in.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144399137?t=1551

I do find this particular item added to the game a bit silly if it's real, as I have seen plenty of other suggestions of thing to add to the game that would help more with the QOL in game, but who knows, this might just be an interesting thing to use to pass time while waiting for breeding timers to finish up.  Though...  where is the reading material for the time I spend on the throne?  The explorer notes aren't going to cut it.  Plus where's the toilet paper?  We're going to need some more mods for the toilets to make them better.

10 hours ago, Housatonic said:

Flyers are perfectly useable. Just not the exact same way they used to be. Which is the point of changing them. What makes you think they'll go back to being like they were if they keep fiddling with it?
Oh, and they did give you the tools to change them back. Well, they dropped the ball on not making it an .ini option, but you have the tools all the same. If you decide not to use them, that's on you.

they could still use a slight in movement speed/stamina or maybe weight. a slight one, not like before

16 hours ago, BulletForce said:

You'll be waiting forever if you think they are going to bring back Jurassic WIngs mode anytime soon. Move on champ, there is more to this game then flying dinos.

The majority of players have already reached this conclusion and are enjoying the refreshing new gameplay the balance patch introduced.

Since the majority of ark players play on modded servers, you do know the classic flyers mod since the flyer change has also over 213,000 subscribers(and growing still) to it now right?  They have a valid complaint as much as you have a valid support for the change. Choices exist for either side of the controversy and WC at the very least wants that.

Are you (OP) sticking to official like glue? If not, you have an option.

1. Find a server or make your own server with the classic flyer mod and go back to enjoying the game.

Or if you do play official.

2. Grit your teeth and bare the wait for the next Flyer revamp.

3. Stop playing.

If you like ARK still though despite the flyer nerf, it would be a shame for you to stop playing just cause you claim the flyers are 'useless'...which they are NOT...I started a fresh new world and I'm finding myself using an Argie a TON still...(it's actually faster now than an old freshly tamed Argie that needed points into speed to even get close to how fast it flies now).

So to end, as my boss would say...'Suck it up, buttercup.'

I dont want to play on unofficial, because a bit part imO ist trading with other players. So that sucks on unofficial. Thats why i stick to official servers.
And no, i dont suck it up. I want a revamp, as it was promised, but it seems, they want to sit it out. And me and many other players wont enjoy that either. 

And again, noone needs to level in speed if he doesnt want to. If you like your new argy speed, thats fine for you. You could have leveled them that speed before. I can't level as i liked it before, and i was fine with waaaaay lower speed, than this was done by some crazy people in the past. So no, it is not okay in my opinion, you could have played as you liked before. I cant and thats my problem. So come up with proper arguments, or let it be. Thx.

16 minutes ago, hsaK said:

I dont want to play on unofficial, because a bit part imO ist trading with other players. So that sucks on unofficial. Thats why i stick to official servers.
And no, i dont suck it up. I want a revamp, as it was promised, but it seems, they want to sit it out. And me and many other players wont enjoy that either. 

And again, noone needs to level in speed if he doesnt want to. If you like your new argy speed, thats fine for you. You could have leveled them that speed before. I can't level as i liked it before, and i was fine with waaaaay lower speed, than this was done by some crazy people in the past. So no, it is not okay in my opinion, you could have played as you liked before. I cant and thats my problem. So come up with proper arguments, or let it be. Thx.

You haven't convinced me...mostly because you claim trading sucks on unofficial? That is not true by any means at all dude...you've backed yourself into a corner of false information. Ask anyone who plays on an unofficial server...if it's PVE they will tell you, trading is just as fine there as it can be in official. Absolutely no reason for the trading there to be any different, outside of whether the community is a bunch of selfish individuals or not.

So you can't play ARK without flyers that can move 5x faster than they do now...they can still FLY, just not as fast...this is just a silly reason for you being unable to play ARK when flyer's only make up like 3% of the game. I can understand if you're reasoning behind being unable to play was 'you don't have the time cause you have a real life.' that's a legit reason, and if the flyer nerf made the grind too slow, then sorry dude, the only way WC at the moment is allowing yo uthe time is if you convert to an unofficial server, with the classic flyer mod and maybe boosted rates if that's to your liking.

So nope...I'm sticking with my original three suggestions. If you still insist on being stubborn about sound advice given to you then I have no more to say to you.

Okay, then lets have a look:

• No mods which can cause server crashes or delayed updates
  • only Classic flyer mod
  • no insane multipliers (read vanilla values)
  • trans server trading
  • pve

I searched for that, without any luck. Find me one, just one. As long as that does not work, your argument is not valid. 

You can play the way you want to this date, i cant and thats just not okay for me. Then lets take movement speed completely out of the game, because it doesnt sound reasonable or immersive, if ground and water mounts can level up speed, but flyers cant. Its just insane, those mounts look, like they fall from the sky every freakin moment. We need more speed.

In my opinion, a reduced speed multiplier would have done waaaay better then just disabling it. Lets say 0.5 fix per level instead of thos insane several percent per level. Just telling people "get used to it", "stop playing" or "play unofficial" is not an argument either, so better bring real arguments for the nerf in the first place.

34 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Are you (OP) sticking to official like glue? If not, you have an option.

1. Find a server or make your own server with the classic flyer mod and go back to enjoying the game.

Or if you do play official.

2. Grit your teeth and bare the wait for the next Flyer revamp.

3. Stop playing.

If you like ARK still though despite the flyer nerf, it would be a shame for you to stop playing just cause you claim the flyers are 'useless'...which they are NOT...I started a fresh new world and I'm finding myself using an Argie a TON still...(it's actually faster now than an old freshly tamed Argie that needed points into speed to even get close to how fast it flies now).

So to end, as my boss would say...'Suck it up, buttercup.'

Unofficial is always at the whim of an admin, so far i have not seen any servers i would trust enough to invest thousands of hours in, trading and breeding is a huge part of official server play, those aspects really lack on unofficials, also it seems to be really hard to find Unofficials wich ONLY run classic flyers, most have more mods, and many mods like for example stackmods are completely gamebreaking to me that wont work AT ALL, 

the problem with the flyers is also in levels already spent, for example for a wyvern to be halfway helpfull to get around you have to pump 40+ levels in stamina, before it was 0 so all wyvern that already exist are now grounded,  @Jat said more than once that he likes the idea of a onetime restat on flyers, but That, aswell as the mk3 plans, are weeks old without any futher feedback, at this point we have to assume its not happening, so another big FU to players who already invested a LOT of time in Ark,  

18 hours ago, BulletForce said:

holy bubbleboy batman, got no clue wich servers you play on but Official PvE, i couldnt find even 1 person who didnt HATE the nerf with a passion, and is still hoping for relief by mk3,  i suspect that "majority" you talk of is only in your head, 

2 hours ago, hsaK said:

Okay, then lets have a look:

• No mods which can cause server crashes or delayed updates
  • only Classic flyer mod
  • no insane multipliers (read vanilla values)
  • trans server trading
  • pve

I searched for that, without any luck. Find me one, just one. As long as that does not work, your argument is not valid. 

You can play the way you want to this date, i cant and thats just not okay for me. Then lets take movement speed completely out of the game, because it doesnt sound reasonable or immersive, if ground and water mounts can level up speed, but flyers cant. Its just insane, those mounts look, like they fall from the sky every freakin moment. We need more speed.

In my opinion, a reduced speed multiplier would have done waaaay better then just disabling it. Lets say 0.5 fix per level instead of thos insane several percent per level. Just telling people "get used to it", "stop playing" or "play unofficial" is not an argument either, so better bring real arguments for the nerf in the first place.

Believe it or not, I do not like the nerf much either. So I can understand where you are coming from. Flying slow isn't fun, I get that. But I think a lot of us will sadly have to get use to the flyers being slow (honestly if you start fresh with new tames, the flyers really aren't that bad...really...). I would like another pass to buff the birds as much as you, but really...I think at this point, all we can do is hope, but not get TOO hopeful. I've beaten it into my head that I got heavily spoiled by fast dino's, but I've come to grips with the fact that we are just playtesters and things will change, whether we like it or not.

At this point, yes, I realize maybe it IS hard to find the perfect server for yourself that caters to all of YOUR wishes (I wish a site existed like that, but have yet to find a good one that shows mods and rates used and such). Perhaps the few servers I had played I got lucky enough to enjoy the rates. Honestly the best way is to sadly get your own server with the rates and mods you want. I know that costs money, and it sucks that it's the only option at this given moment. But at least it is an option...WC can't please everyone (but they sure coudl get more fans without these nerfs of course). I hope that at least before release, things will be a bit better than they are now, both for the flyers and for your personal playstyle.

And funny enough, I too was thinking maybe they should do a mass speed cap on every dino instead of just flyers? It's an idea but I highly doubt it would be well received...ARK has spoiled so many people in it's lifetime that changing from it is going to piss off people no matter what WC does. Guess that's what happens when you got as large a playerbase as ARK has.

Anyway, my apologies if I'm unable to get a complete grip on your core issue. I'll just agree to disagree and move on.

10 hours ago, Ulta said:

Believe it or not, I do not like the nerf much either. So I can understand where you are coming from. Flying slow isn't fun, I get that. But I think a lot of us will sadly have to get use to the flyers being slow (honestly if you start fresh with new tames, the flyers really aren't that bad...really...). I would like another pass to buff the birds as much as you, but really...I think at this point, all we can do is hope, but not get TOO hopeful. I've beaten it into my head that I got heavily spoiled by fast dino's, but I've come to grips with the fact that we are just playtesters and things will change, whether we like it or not.

At this point, yes, I realize maybe it IS hard to find the perfect server for yourself that caters to all of YOUR wishes (I wish a site existed like that, but have yet to find a good one that shows mods and rates used and such). Perhaps the few servers I had played I got lucky enough to enjoy the rates. Honestly the best way is to sadly get your own server with the rates and mods you want. I know that costs money, and it sucks that it's the only option at this given moment. But at least it is an option...WC can't please everyone (but they sure coudl get more fans without these nerfs of course). I hope that at least before release, things will be a bit better than they are now, both for the flyers and for your personal playstyle.

And funny enough, I too was thinking maybe they should do a mass speed cap on every dino instead of just flyers? It's an idea but I highly doubt it would be well received...ARK has spoiled so many people in it's lifetime that changing from it is going to piss off people no matter what WC does. Guess that's what happens when you got as large a playerbase as ARK has.

Anyway, my apologies if I'm unable to get a complete grip on your core issue. I'll just agree to disagree and move on.

i dont get why this is so hard to understand, the devs made a decision to deal with certain speed related issues, and went way overboard, and the way i first understood how this was gonna go was a nerf to a new hard 0 at first and then multiple increases in stamina and basespeed till they felt it was balanced,  instead they nerfed it to 0 tweaked it once after 3 days or so probably because their ratings went towards the poopter and then got bored with it and left it in a broken state,

also while thats a cute suggestion, i wouldnt wanna start over and leave 3000+ workhours behind, even tho having only poop dinos might make the Flyers seem "better" by comparison im sure.... lol 

17 hours ago, hsaK said:

noone needs to level in speed if he doesnt want to. If you like your new argy speed, thats fine for you. You could have leveled them that speed before. I can't level as i liked it before, and i was fine with waaaaay lower speed, than this was done by some crazy people in the past. So no, it is not okay in my opinion, you could have played as you liked before. I cant and thats my problem. So come up with proper arguments, or let it be. Thx.

You are confused mate, you are contradicting your own words. 1st make up ur mind what you really have to say. This is not end of changes many new will come in future.

In the store page WC clearly said "This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development."

3 hours ago, GP said:

Please keep Flyer Nerf out of this thread, there is enough threads about Flyer nerf.

This thread is about Poo and Toilets. Thank you.

No. This thread is about introducing unnecessary stuff, instead of pleasing the waiting community with flyer mk3. This thread is about sitting out, what was promised and is still not here. Instead we get more things, not many people wanted, instead of tackling the real problems. And i know that, because i made that thread. And obviously there are not enough threads about flyer mk3, because nothing happens in that matter at all. 

Archived