Cut down the baby stage please!!!!

Paneross

7 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

or make the creature go into stasis when the one who imprinted it goes offline

This would be a nightmare for a pet with long hours, if a player averages 5 hours a night every day of the week then a basic 3 day raise would take around 14 days. People want things done and over so they can enjoy the game sooner, not wait a month for a pet :P

11 minutes ago, Cataclisto said:

This would be a nightmare for a pet with long hours, if a player averages 5 hours a night every day of the week then a basic 3 day raise would take around 14 days. People want things done and over so they can enjoy the game sooner, not wait a month for a pet :P

Yes but the elitist who say that raising isn't a problem and basically that if you can't put in the hours like they do will cry and say that they breaking the game easier for noobs

8 hours ago, Cataclisto said:

Believe me , I want the times until 10% cut ,because they are retarded, but lots of people here consider this is a challenge and that they are veterans and pros by doing so. I suggested the stasis thing as a middle ground solution...

What baby takes 9-16 hours of constant feeding? The smaller ones grow faster, the larger ones can hold a good amount of food long before hitting the trough.
Also, single player does just this - pause when you're not around. Private servers have just this - the ability to adjust durations, among many other things.
It's a choice you have to make for yourself. Do I insist on player on official servers, and play on their terms, or do I go single player or unofficial and play on my terms?

The simple truth is that to make breeding more accessible you'd also have to make it less powerful. At this point you're basically talking about taming. Because that's where the balance is supposed to be. Taming is easier and faster, but breeding has a higher potential.

3 hours ago, Housatonic said:

What baby takes 9-16 hours of constant feeding? The smaller ones grow faster, the larger ones can hold a good amount of food long before hitting the trough.

The only thing i can think of at this point that has an awkward death period and low hp/food would be an Ovis and even that is okay to walk away from at about 8% if the parents weren't level 5 or something. Everything else can hold enough food to do at least half of the danger time.. (<10%)

2x breeding rates + 5 hour imprint cycle would make breeding much more accessible to the non-large tribe Official player base. Hand feeding gigas, for example, would be reasonably accomplishable for most players on the weekend, instead of mandating ~11 hours of sleep debt if you don't have defended access to a decent pool of water.

The breeding sure takes long.

But I'm kinda with the others on this one. Pausing the maturation when the imprinter goes offline is a slap in the face to everyone who doesn't have 24 hrs a day to play ark.

There should be a adjustement to the babyphase's length though. Longer babyphases with dinos that don't feed that much and are capable of carrying great ammounts of food after a short period of time (like rex') are not a problem. When it comes to Troodons for example, however, where you have to be constantly feeding, the babyphase should definatelly be shorter.

7 hours ago, Housatonic said:

Also, single player does just this - pause when you're not around. Private servers have just this - the ability to adjust durations, among many other things.
It's a choice you have to make for yourself. Do I insist on player on official servers, and play on their terms, or do I go single player or unofficial and play on my terms?

The simple truth is that to make breeding more accessible you'd also have to make it less powerful. At this point you're basically talking about taming. Because that's where the balance is supposed to be. Taming is easier and faster, but breeding has a higher potential.

This. Completely. I don't know why people stick to officials like glue if they are apparently not having any fun with the 'grind' it brings. Go play unofficial or singleplayer. You'll have a much better time mate.

Archived