No Bridges... we got a pile of stinking feces instead

Silk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least now you have a toilet to flush away that stinking pile of feces. Does it require irrigation to use?

Gives me an idea. Run pipes from toilet. For every tap will distribute one poop starting with closest tap first.

Toilet adds like 10x bonus to pooping so if you use toilet onceit flushes 10 small ppoops.

If you put taps over dung beetles it feeds them. Fills compost bins. Or fills farm plots.

Owing to the fact how many things needs to be improved in this game, adding a toilet is damn insulting to me. We have been waiting for bridges for almost entire year and it so delayed that certain modder is about to achieve the same result, but... We will get a toilet instead...

It will not make this game better at all, so why bother adding such a thing now?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Voidstar said:

out of all the things this game needs..they add a toilet?

To be fair, it does come off as something that's much "needed". I mean, you go from being this naked caveman to riding around on sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads, yet still go number two in the bushes like a savage.

3 minutes ago, Nightchade said:

No, it isn't "needed"... you know what's needed? Optimization, bug fixes, and MASSIVE QoL improvements. WC, stop wasting time with stupid BS like this, and FIX THE DAMN GAME!

Normally I would launch into a lengthy EA explanation, or mention that the upcoming PC patch notes have optimization fixes listed, BUT....

Think I need to use that new toilet real quick. :)

10 hours ago, Bigskybear said:

Normally I would launch into a lengthy EA explanation, or mention that the upcoming PC patch notes have optimization fixes listed, BUT....

Think I need to use that new toilet real quick. :)

I understand EA just fine, and I get the game is an alpha, but seriously, when your ENTIRE community is experiencing lag, crashes, fps drops, etc, to the point most don't play on your official servers due to issues that have been in-game for literal years, you shouldn't waste your money and dev time on unneeded content. I mean, how many here have lost a dino from it falling through the map? Or lost an entire character mid-transfer? Or how about fixing the pathing of land dinos? I could go on (and on, and on, and on), but my point is very simple: massive work needs to be done on the content already in game. This sort of thing is just window dressing, and for the most part, totally useless. I know more people who have quit due to the game's issues than are still playing the game... that says something, and if you don't believe me, go look at the reviews scores on Steam. WC needs to stop making busy work for the coders, and get them on some serious bug-fixing if they intend to fully release this year.

1 hour ago, Nightchade said:

I understand EA just fine, and I get the game is an alpha, but seriously, when your ENTIRE community is experiencing lag, crashes, fps drops, etc, to the point most don't play on your official servers due to issues that have been in-game for literal years, you shouldn't waste your money and dev time on unneeded content. I mean, how many here have lost a dino from it falling through the map? Or lost an entire character mid-transfer? Or how about fixing the pathing of land dinos? I could go on (and on, and on, and on), but my point is very simple: massive work needs to be done on the content already in game. This sort of thing is just window dressing, and for the most part, totally useless. I know more people who have quit due to the game's issues than are still playing the game... that says something, and if you don't believe me, go look at the reviews scores on Steam. WC needs to stop making busy work for the coders, and get them on some serious bug-fixing if they intend to fully release this year.

Well, as I said, have you checked the new PC patch notes yet? They announced some optimizations are being released with the last of the dino dossiers. We are close, very close, to bug fixing being the main priority. 

Everything you listed doesn't change the games development status or priorities sadly. They are focusing content before heavy bug fixing. I support this notion.

And, just for giggles...

IMG_20170517_082239.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bigskybear said:

Well, as I said, have you checked the new PC patch notes yet? They announced some optimizations are being released with the last of the dino dossiers. We are close, very close, to bug fixing being the main priority. 

Everything you listed doesn't change the games development status or priorities sadly. They are focusing content before heavy bug fixing. I support this notion.

And, just for giggles...

IMG_20170517_082239.jpg

That image explains so much right there. People need to quit being such hard arses about Ark's early access state. I mean come on, why does it MATTER how long ARK has been in development? Do you whiners in this thread SEE how far it's come since first launch? Would you whiners rather the game stop now or go belly up and us not have ARK at all? Let it stay in development as long as it needs and stop whining about how one tiny toilet is an insult to your apparent self-entitlement of what ARK should be.

I bet making a toilet took all of an hour for them...there's even Optimizations in BIG LETTERS in the same patch not adding the toilet. Bridges will come later. At least the toilet gives you an exp boost, which to me is pretty nice. A free moment to give myself some needed exp boost without needing to go exploring for notes? I'll take that!

Gosh the amount of salt people have gotten over this game's development is one of the saltiest seas I've ever sailed, on par with Youtube comments even...if you like ARK that much, hold off your judgemental eyes until it's released...

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, Nightchade said:

No, it isn't "needed"... you know what's needed? Optimization, bug fixes, and MASSIVE QoL improvements. WC, stop wasting time with stupid BS like this, and FIX THE DAMN GAME!

You seem to misunderstand the difference between needed and "needed". All those things you said are most definitely needed, whilst a toilet is "needed". Besides, optimization is part of the upcoming patch notes, so I fail to see what's to be irate about.

3 hours ago, Bigskybear said:

And, just for giggles...

IMG_20170517_082239.jpg

My issue isn't the addition of new content, my issue is that instead of adding needed content, they are adding things no one wants/needs in before fixing the coding disaster that is the current state of the game. When 90% of the community is saying your game is almost unplayable, priorities need to be reconsidered. And I have seen the patch notes. I am super excited to see that optimization is FINALLY coming to ark... but this needs to be an "all hands on deck" thing instead of dividing the manpower (or womanpower, I'm not sexist XD) to work on frivolous things like a toilet. MANY other pieces of content should come before things like that. Don't get me wrong, I love the game... but it has SERIOUS issues that need to be resolved before further complicating the code with fluff content.

Archived