Time to Give WC some much needed love

SO my take on all this. Is yes this is an awesome game and should only get better over time. It has so much potential but time will tell where it all ends up. Some of that negative feedback is absolutely on point and shouldn't be simply dismissed. If things like support for missing dinos, lost characters, blue screens, unplayable lag are not resolved this game will ultimately fail. They are moving to bug fixes and optimisation, let's give it a few months and see where we get to.

17 minutes ago, GavinChester said:

And therein lies the problem. The Anti-Nerfers say just look at all the feedback on this website, negative complaints are 10 times more than the pro-nerf posts. Then, the pro-nerf say 'with no evidence to back them up' that you are just a small group and don't reflect the  community. Hypothetically say that regular forum users are 0.05% of the total user base, why couldn't that that 0.05 be a statisically valid sample, taking into account game type, maps, demographics, geography, etc, etc. I'd love to see some hard data and someone crunch the numbers. Otherwise this is all left to "that's my feeling." for right or for wrong.

In my experience, users with negative feedback, or ones who have an issue they need resolved, are more likely to join than those who have nothing but good things to say. 

Take me for example. The only reason I joined back in 2016 was because I had an issue (spino spawned in my base.) If I hadn't ever had an issue with the game and how it worked, I never would have joined. 

It was true of the previous forum I used to haunt. The in game poll finally showed the real data, but to look at the forum comments, you would have guessed the result would have been much different.

27 minutes ago, Bigskybear said:

In my experience, users with negative feedback, or ones who have an issue they need resolved, are more likely to join than those who have nothing but good things to say. 

Take me for example. The only reason I joined back in 2016 was because I had an issue (spino spawned in my base.) If I hadn't ever had an issue with the game and how it worked, I never would have joined. 

It was true of the previous forum I used to haunt. The in game poll finally showed the real data, but to look at the forum comments, you would have guessed the result would have been much different.

And for your sample size of one, that is completely vaild. I don't know if you can extrapolate that across all forum users. 

I'm all for in game polls and surveys, hopefully it will allow a more reliable data source for making key game mechanic decisions on. 

On 5/19/2017 at 9:11 PM, SingleSidedPCB said:

To be fair, the people that voice their opinions about changes such as the flyer nerf also love the game. maybe more so than most because they give their opinion knowing they will be harassed for doing so. the devs are human too, and just as capable as any of us to make a mistake. if you think they have made a mistake, you should let them know! that's half the point of early access. to just say "yes" to anything or not give your opinion doesn't help the devs or the future of the game.

Ark is a really good and unique game, and i hope to see it become a great and finely polished game :)

here's to hoping for a flyer "buff" mk3 sooner rather than later ^_^

It's good to give opinions. However, most people choose to insult wildcard and give hate speech rather than actual feedback. I am pretty sure that's who the OP was talking about.

even kayd said in the interview, even though they say hateful stuff it doesn't mean they are wrong at the core of what they are saying, but they do not get taking as seriously if they act like that. And that is completely justified. I like the fact that they will just ignore ignorant people

On 5/20/2017 at 3:05 AM, MostSpy said:

Praise is the last thing on my mind, when I think about:

• the dismal / non-existent support now offered by Wild Card (auto replies and auto closures)
  • the on-going never-ending excuse "It's Early Access", to avoid any responsibility.
  • the lag
  • the rubber-banding
  • the dash boarding
  • the scorched earth DC zones - yes you got your money for the paid DLC, then u abandoned it......
  • characters being lost - even though WC said it would be addressed so it doesnt happen again, it continues to happen when AWS goes down......
  • the continual game breaking bugs that are introduced
  • the disgusting "events", example: the turkey event which only seen peoples tames die......
  • the disgusting Wild Card staff who like to "seek attention" on twitter instead of posting on the official website.
  • WC posting on the forums when a massive bug is released that crashes consoles - tells players its dust in there xbox's - yes this happened - pathetic.
  • sounds which make no sense being introduced into the game.....
  • complete QA failure, even though WC allegedly hires a QA person.
  • extreme "arrogance" by Wild Card staff "twitter clowns", going completely against there own customers wishes. for example - Flyer Nerf.
  • general incompetence by Wild Card staff.
  • a complete lack of care towards the PVE player base(aka CUSTOMERS who pay u), making all changes based on PVP.
  • rather than fixing the game, we get 4 new dinos and explorer notes in every update.
  • and the list goes on....

With WC staff actually being happy with themselves with such massive problems - is mind blowing

I just wish this game would be bought by a proper publisher/developer with competent programmers, so we never have to deal with WC again. So the game can be taken to the next level where it belongs, its a great game, being run by incompetent muppets with nothing but complete arrogance.
Its laggy-rubber-banding state is also only getting worse with the current clowns who manage this game.

You had me until you said flyer nerf

13 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Pretty much spot on. To that i would add using the 20 person's opinions who's in line with theirs on the forum and posing them as being a majority to justify themselves. Best they deserve is being spit on.

Besides him being spot on with everything except the flyer nerf( shame he had to throw a whine in there) I don't think anybody deserves to be spit on. Some people just aren't raised right

1 hour ago, GavinChester said:

And therein lies the problem. The Anti-Nerfers say just look at all the feedback on this website, negative complaints are 10 times more than the pro-nerf posts. Then, the pro-nerf say 'with no evidence to back them up' that you are just a small group and don't reflect the  community. Hypothetically say that regular forum users are 0.05% of the total user base, why couldn't that that 0.05 be a statisically valid sample, taking into account game type, maps, demographics, geography, etc, etc. I'd love to see some hard data and someone crunch the numbers. Otherwise this is all left to "that's my feeling." for right or for wrong.

Don't worry I don't think you guys are the minority at all. There are a lot of people that dislike the flyer nerf. Everyone knows that. I am just glad they are putting mk3 on the back burner to work on more important things

1 hour ago, Pogue1995 said:

Christ what a typical ignorant response. The guy voices his opinion and all the Wild Card white knights appear. Lol get a grip.

To be fair, I would rather have a civilized debate any day of the week. I just had a rather pleasant conversation with @GavinChester about forum sample sizes, for example. But, as @Volcano637 stated, some people are just posting hate rather than pure opinion. Don't get me wrong, the guy I answered in your quote gave plenty of opinion, but plenty of hate was thrown Wildcard's way. That's the part I don't like.

I get being frustrated over the lag and the bugs, I've dealt with them personally, almost put a controller through a wall a time or two. But, the simple fact remains, it's Early Access. It doesn't make a lot of sense to hate on the devs simply for developing the game.

Furthermore, if there IS a debate to be had, it can be structured in a much more constructive manner, rather than calling people names. 

Which, btw, leads me to another question....what was so "ignorant" about my response? Again, structure your response constructively, and I'll be more than happy to debate it.

8 hours ago, Bigskybear said:

To be fair, I would rather have a civilized debate any day of the week. I just had a rather pleasant conversation with @GavinChester about forum sample sizes, for example. But, as @Volcano637 stated, some people are just posting hate rather than pure opinion. Don't get me wrong, the guy I answered in your quote gave plenty of opinion, but plenty of hate was thrown Wildcard's way. That's the part I don't like.

I get being frustrated over the lag and the bugs, I've dealt with them personally, almost put a controller through a wall a time or two. But, the simple fact remains, it's Early Access. It doesn't make a lot of sense to hate on the devs simply for developing the game.

Furthermore, if there IS a debate to be had, it can be structured in a much more constructive manner, rather than calling people names. 

Which, btw, leads me to another question....what was so "ignorant" about my response? Again, structure your response constructively, and I'll be more than happy to debate it.

Plenty of hate was thrown there way. Plenty of other gane developers get hate aswell.

The guy highlighted key issues that have been happening in the game for over a year to no improvement whatsoever. Maybe he didn't construct his opinion the way YOU liked it to be. Nevertheless he gave his opinion and you decided to be a little forum warrior and give it a cocky response. Just like you have done with mine.

Also I'll point out that you proved his point in one of his opinions. I'll let your tiny cocky brain figure that out. :)

I'll not reply to any other of your replies as I wouldn't like to waste my time on a troll like yourself. So thanks, God bless & have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Pogue1995 said:

Plenty of hate was thrown there way. Plenty of other gane developers get hate aswell.

The guy highlighted key issues that have been happening in the game for over a year to no improvement whatsoever. Maybe he didn't construct his opinion the way YOU liked it to be. Nevertheless he gave his opinion and you decided to be a little forum warrior and give it a cocky response. Just like you have done with mine.

Also I'll point out that you proved his point in one of his opinions. I'll let your tiny cocky brain figure that out. :)

I'll not reply to any other of your replies as I wouldn't like to waste my time on a troll like yourself. So thanks, God bless & have a nice day.

Cocky? And a troll to boot? Huh. Don't think anyone has ever classified me as either on this forum. Maybe it's simply because you can't interpret my tone properly by just reading a wall of text, or maybe you just viewed me that way to begin with. Or, maybe my response to you WAS cocky and I just don't see it. (After reading it again, I can see where you get that from my response to the guy I originally responded to, so I won't dispute that one, just my response to you.)

If it's true that I was cocky/trollish in my response to you, I invite others in the forum to point that out to me as well because it's honestly not what I was going for. I worked pretty hard on making that post constructive.

On that note, why does it have to come down to personal attacks? Why can't we simply keep it civil? I feel like that takes away from the conversation rather than adding to it.

On 5/20/2017 at 6:05 AM, MostSpy said:

Praise is the last thing on my mind, when I think about:

• the dismal / non-existent support now offered by Wild Card (auto replies and auto closures)
  • the on-going never-ending excuse "It's Early Access", to avoid any responsibility.
  • the lag
  • the rubber-banding
  • the dash boarding
  • the scorched earth DC zones - yes you got your money for the paid DLC, then u abandoned it......
  • characters being lost - even though WC said it would be addressed so it doesnt happen again, it continues to happen when AWS goes down......
  • the continual game breaking bugs that are introduced
  • the disgusting "events", example: the turkey event which only seen peoples tames die......
  • the disgusting Wild Card staff who like to "seek attention" on twitter instead of posting on the official website.
  • WC posting on the forums when a massive bug is released that crashes consoles - tells players its dust in there xbox's - yes this happened - pathetic.
  • sounds which make no sense being introduced into the game.....
  • complete QA failure, even though WC allegedly hires a QA person.
  • extreme "arrogance" by Wild Card staff "twitter clowns", going completely against there own customers wishes. for example - Flyer Nerf.
  • general incompetence by Wild Card staff.
  • a complete lack of care towards the PVE player base(aka CUSTOMERS who pay u), making all changes based on PVP.
  • rather than fixing the game, we get 4 new dinos and explorer notes in every update.
  • and the list goes on....

With WC staff actually being happy with themselves with such massive problems - is mind blowing

I just wish this game would be bought by a proper publisher/developer with competent programmers, so we never have to deal with WC again. So the game can be taken to the next level where it belongs, its a great game, being run by incompetent muppets with nothing but complete arrogance.
Its laggy-rubber-banding state is also only getting worse with the current clowns who manage this game.

The don't post here there's a section for complaints so complain somewhere else your opinion is yours and isn't needed DILO somewhere else better yet stop playing all together its players like you that kill good games

Thank you guys for protecting  this littler happy place FOT POSTIVE THINKERS any naysayers I can understand you opinions but this a moral booster after dome of the BULL over some of the updates they may not be what people want But it's a EARLYACCES game they simply build the game to what they said it was going to be and are some of the first developers to follow throughout with it not many devs do that, and I'm happy to say for a newborn gaming company I can see many many years of great game development props and keep it going Much love WC studios. Love you all and just wanted to say I think your games is the best survival game out there at this point of time and you also are some of the most trustworthy and on time devs when it comes to anything update related Keep it going I'm looking forward to my future kids playing the first amazing games for the next big game design corporation. 

Archived