Benefits of Ascension?

Deadman

So what does the ascension mechanic actually give you? Cause from where I'm sitting it doesn't seem to do much. From what I can see is now players had their level cap lowered by 15 levels, and for people who don't play on the Island they can't get those levels back without the server setting up custom levels. I heard you're supposed to fight tougher bosses, are these the same bosses or are they new ones? Cause you can just fight modded bosses that are far tougher than the vanilla ones. I guess I'm just not seeing the point in this mechanic cause it doesn't seem to do much good.

It's not done yet. 

With that being said, no there isn't a point unless you want to be the first to be a lvl  115. Plus, if you take in 50 dinos, they are gone for good whether or not u make it to the end. As I have said, no there isn't a point. I'll just stare at the door to the cave and think about all the metal I used to gather there

Does anyone know what 50 Dinos are allowed into the cave? We can start breeding now. I know 10 people can ascend at a time but it's getting silly the amount of Dinos you need for these bosses soon people will need a main tribe an egg tribe and a boss fight tribe just to stay away from Dino cap. Ascending should increase tribe Dino cap by 200 then it would be good 

2 hours ago, Deadman said:

So what does the ascension mechanic actually give you? Cause from where I'm sitting it doesn't seem to do much. From what I can see is now players had their level cap lowered by 15 levels, and for people who don't play on the Island they can't get those levels back without the server setting up custom levels. I heard you're supposed to fight tougher bosses, are these the same bosses or are they new ones? Cause you can just fight modded bosses that are far tougher than the vanilla ones. I guess I'm just not seeing the point in this mechanic cause it doesn't seem to do much good.

Your level cap isn't lowered, it's maximized. Completing the tek cave on hard difficulty gives you 15 bonus levels, which is nothing to scoff at on pvp. On single player and pve ascension is pretty useless, and even on pvp I think it's a little overpriced.

2 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

It's not done yet. 

With that being said, no there isn't a point unless you want to be the first to be a lvl  115. Plus, if you take in 50 dinos, they are gone for good whether or not u make it to the end. As I have said, no there isn't a point. I'll just stare at the door to the cave and think about all the metal I used to gather there

my base still floats above in the air.....

2 hours ago, Royalstar said:

Your level cap isn't lowered, it's maximized. Completing the tek cave on hard difficulty gives you 15 bonus levels, which is nothing to scoff at on pvp. On single player and pve ascension is pretty useless, and even on pvp I think it's a little overpriced.

Cap IS lowered because on my private server the level cap was 125 now we can't get past level 110, so yes it WAS lowered even for private servers, so now I'll have to add an additional 15 levels just to get people back to their old level.

Archived