Only just seen this

I found this on the PS4 a couple of weeks ago. or to be more accurate I decided to click on it and see what it was

On the PS4 you find the create Pgm map under the host/local options  I assume it would be in the same place on the Xb1

I have been playing around with it some, once I get the map up and running I invite my friends and they can join me (tethered  since I cant dedicate host)  we did try it out using my friends dedicated server, He just created a random map and sent us invites and it worked great as far as loading and playing goes.......We only goofed around for a few days on this map but saw real quick this would be a great way to keep the game fresh for a long time

I hope in the future that more attention is given to this feature, currently on the  Ps4 there Is a lot of options to change things no info on what you are really doing so you have to rely on youtube videos to try to understand what each setting is

I for one would be willing to pay for a feature like this IF it was a little more user friendly and give you options like which dinos spawned and the ability to create rivers and caves etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, Dlow1962 said:

I found this on the PS4 a couple of weeks ago. or to be more accurate I decided to click on it and see what it was

On the PS4 you find the create Pgm map under the host/local options  I assume it would be in the same place on the Xb1

I have been playing around with it some, once I get the map up and running I invite my friends and they can join me (tethered  since I cant dedicate host)  we did try it out using my friends dedicated server, He just created a random map and sent us invites and it worked great as far as loading and playing goes.......We only goofed around for a few days on this map but saw real quick this would be a great way to keep the game fresh for a long time

I hope in the future that more attention is given to this feature, currently on the  Ps4 there Is a lot of options to change things no info on what you are really doing so you have to rely on youtube videos to try to understand what each setting is

I for one would be willing to pay for a feature like this IF it was a little more user friendly and give you options like which dinos spawned and the ability to create rivers and caves etc.

Hiya.

So can you add dinos, caves etc etc?  and yes id PAY for a feature like this id love to make my own dedicated server on my own world.  I hope this happens!

Keep me updated on your progress :)

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, EliteGamingGuru said:

Hiya.

So can you add dinos, caves etc etc?  and yes id PAY for a feature like this id love to make my own dedicated server on my own world.  I hope this happens!

Keep me updated on your progress :)

No we can not pick and choose dinos, and creating rivers and caves is not possible yet (Ps4)

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, Alby02 said:

never seen a good map yet

I have saw a few interesting looking maps on youtube, but 99.999999% of them have been for the PC.

I hope once the game is completed and the programmers get a slow down on changes and fixes (if that happens LOL) they will start to clean up the PGM interface make it more user friendly with the ability to control which dinos etc you want on your map  

I am not sure how adding rivers, caves, waterfalls would work, unless it was a simple check box that said add caves and rivers and let the system generate where and when to add them, Rivers might me a little easier by starting a river at Point X and ending it at point Y , the problem is mountains making your rivers flow around the mountain or starting it off as a stream and get bigger as it flows down the mountain

what I think might be easier for the consoles is to start off with a screen that had a Land mass surrounded by ocean then pick an area to have a mountain rise up and be able to control the height, and maybe have a box that allows caves somewhere on the mountain, being able to drag a cursor across the map to specify the path of a river  and so on,

I know creating this ability is time consuming and cost money, and any company has to make money and more money or they move on to something else , so maybe make the create PGM feature a paid add-on say for $19.00 (US) for the people who want this feature, and maybe charge anyone who just wished to play the maps but not create them, charge a $3 or $4 fee to unlock the ability to join the PGMs. I know a lot of people which disagree with me on charging for this saying, they have made enough money already it should be free......but we all know we don't get to decide that

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:56 AM, EliteGamingGuru said:

So how do you access it?  Is it an option in the MENU?  I've never seen "create map"   option or anything?

On the PS4

pick host session instead of join Ark,  you will see an option in the menu  that says create PGM (spelled out) it will below single player and host non dedicated  sessions

• 4 months later...

Archived