Most frustrating game

DinoDash

I think in Ark. when things go wrong; they REALLY go wrong. To the point where you feel like you've spent days preparing and grinding to do something (tame something for example) and not only was it not successful. But you lost everything you'd prepared in the first place. Plus any other tames or equipment you had anyway. Putting you in a worse position than you were before prepping. I play dark souls quite a bit. But it has NOTHING on ark for being punishing. 

I think it comes from how long it takes to do anything. Especially in the early game. But to be fair I always come back to ark. Even after being wiped on official servers. It has a lot of positives that bring me back in. 

I think it's all part of the ride, the highs and the lows.

Yeah I did die and lose that new blueprint I picked out of that red drop, but when I spawned I knocked out that guy who was taming a rex and took all his gear. Wouldn't have ever found hI'm if I didn't die.

ARK is unique in the sense of that no matter what we are all just a species on the ark, and what we do next is up to us.

Reminds me of my DAYZ times, I can still hear the cries of lost mountain dew.

1 hour ago, CeaselessFish said:

I think in Ark. when things go wrong; they REALLY go wrong. To the point where you feel like you've spent days preparing and grinding to do something (tame something for example) and not only was it not successful. But you lost everything you'd prepared in the first place. Plus any other tames or equipment you had anyway. Putting you in a worse position than you were before prepping. I play dark souls quite a bit. But it has NOTHING on ark for being punishing. 

I think it comes from how long it takes to do anything. Especially in the early game. But to be fair I always come back to ark. Even after being wiped on official servers. It has a lot of positives that bring me back in. 

I think your right, you can lose anything it took you hours to build/craft/tame in a matter of seconds. The only thing you can't lose is your character, every thing else can be destroyed/stolen/killled.

Archived