Kentro vs Bosses

UDGxKnight

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Were they filled with veggie cakes before the battle?
1 Heal Pig following your Yuty could have helped... maybe.

lol na that wasn't me. It is just a video I saw yesterday while looking for other methods of killing her. Just thought I'd show that it was possible for the youtuber on official. 

For testing I put about 25 fully imprinted and cake-filled (6 each) Kentros on a random level spawned-in Alpha Megapithecus (can't remember the level) and they killed it in a few minutes. Only 7 got killed and I had no Daeodon or Yuty with them. On the 2nd try I lost all of the remaining Kentros and I think the Ape was at a higher level. I recommend more than 10k HP - maybe 20-25k.

1 minute ago, DomiDarko said:

For testing I put about 25 fully imprinted and cake-filled (6 each) Kentros on a random level spawned-in Alpha Megapithecus (can't remember the level) and they killed it in a few minutes. Only 7 got killed and I had no Daeodon or Yuty with them. On the 2nd try I lost all of the remaining Kentros and I think the Ape was at a higher level. I recommend more than 10k HP - maybe 20-25k.

Not a good testing methode.

You should do the tests in the arena. It's a bit more work but it's needed. Bosses do not scale with level anymore but have fixed stats based on difficulty (both server difficulty as well as boss difficulty).

So tests should be done on a dedicated server with 5.0 difficulty override and in the actual arena by summoning the portal with the tributes.

43 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

I think they are better suited for killing Megapithecus simply because Broodmother is a bullet sponge.

And for max cake effectiveness Dinos need to have 21k hp - any less and Cake is less efficient, any more and %-based dots will do more damage while healing stays same.

4 hours ago, MandaBear said:

lol na that wasn't me. It is just a video I saw yesterday while looking for other methods of killing her. Just thought I'd show that it was possible for the youtuber on official. 

Megatherium - 9 of them with 9 players on top and one yutty to buff - Easy spider hard. :)

Minimum stats - 17k health, 490 melee.

Make sure all megas are buffed from killing those spider spawns.

10 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I've been working on a breeding line for testing this myself. Mostly for Dragon though as Brood just requires good Rex's & saddles, Yuty & hell pigs.

I personally feel many mutations in health, melee, and speed are required, so I'm taking my time.

I'll update my findings when I do it.

Dragon/Manticore is possibly the worst enemy for Kentros because of ranged and DoT attacks that dont reflect damage back. On top of that Manticore doesnt attack much in melee as well.

7 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

Megatherium - 9 of them with 9 players on top and one yutty to buff - Easy spider hard. :)

Makes sure all megas are buffed from killing those spider spawns.

1 Yuty makes that setup much stronger - gives better survival and extra damage buff to make up for Megatherium slot.

Just now, DarthaNyan said:

Dragon/Manticore is possibly the worst enemy for Kentros because of ranged and DoT attacks that dont reflect damage back. On top of that Manticore doesnt attack much in melee as well.

Why do you think I wanted that speed????

I'm not interested in if it's the best strategy, I just want to see how viable it is.

Also, Kentros are herbivores, so they get the buff from the dragons fire breath and can use the veggie cake healing...

Wanted to do something different for dragon other then the usual Super Rex/Theri Tank & Spank. It gets a little repetitive, ya know. ?

7 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Do kentros get + in speed from wild levels?

Every dino i know of gets +0 from wild speed levels and mutations are 2 wild levels.

You can get speed mutations in just about any dino (minus flyers) AFAIK... It's pretty rare though. I've only gotten them a few times, even when forcing mutations in modded.

There's actually no such thing as getting +0 in a mutation. What happens is the game rolls the stat mutation first, then selects the stats from the parents. As a result sometimes you get the parents stat instead of the mutation, even though the levels show. Effectively, you get ripped off. Lol.

5 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

You can get speed mutations in just about any dino (minus flyers) AFAIK... It's pretty rare though. I've only gotten them a few times, even when forcing mutations in modded.

There's actually no such thing as getting +0 in a mutation. What happens is the game rolls the stat mutation first, then selects the stats from the parents. As a result sometimes you get the parents stat instead of the mutation, even though the levels show. Effectively, you get ripped off. Lol.

No thats not how it works. If you get a mutation in speed the speed stat will not increase, even if it's selected. Because muitations are 2 wild levels, in this case put into speed. But any wild level into speed is +0.

2 minutes ago, Thorium said:

No thats not how it works. If you get a mutation in speed the speed stat will not increase, even if it's selected. Because muitations are 2 wild levels, in this case put into speed. But any wild level into speed is +0.

I understand there's a lot of misinformation out there and that's where that opinion comes from. There have been posts on Reddit where the actual code has been taken apart. Several YouTubers have also done a great job explaining the correct info.

Every mutation has a color and a stat increase, even if you can't see them. There isn't a +0 roll, only a missed application.

I'd go into detail and link everything, but that's a whole other thread, a ton of time, and I've actually gotta get to bed.

If you're really interested in all that research, PM me and we can go over it as time permits.

On 5/18/2017 at 4:45 PM, UDGxKnight said:

Has anyone tried putting Kentrosaurs against the bosses with their reflect damage? I wanna know how effective they are at reflecting the damage. I am in no way expecting them to kill the boss, but if they can take a significant chunk of health away then that would be helpful with like the hard Broodmother and Meg. 

Any info is appreciated. Gonna start taming them and breeding them in preparation to test myself if nobody else has.

Not a chance. Even if they do significant damage, they'll never have high enough armor or hp to withstand the attacks. Also know that bosses do significant damage with their ranged attacks. Plus kentros can barely hit their target with their own attack. I think they're best used as a supplement along with some boss rexes/therizinos.

48 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I understand there's a lot of misinformation out there and that's where that opinion comes from. There have been posts on Reddit where the actual code has been taken apart. Several YouTubers have also done a great job explaining the correct info.

Every mutation has a color and a stat increase, even if you can't see them. There isn't a +0 roll, only a missed application.

I'd go into detail and link everything, but that's a whole other thread, a ton of time, and I've actually gotta get to bed.

If you're really interested in all that research, PM me and we can go over it as time permits.

I think you misinterpret what he is saying.

He literally says that mutation in speed gives +2 wild levels to it (is what you are saying, as well as all those research topics you are talking about).

But speed increase per wild level on dinos is 0%, so the end result of +2 wild levels from mutation in speed is still 0% increase, even tho the level count will increase. Hence it is a wasted points/mutation for breeding.

9 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Make sure all megas are buffed from killing those spider spawns.

We did that on medium on official pvp, but I was nervous about doing the alpha since that gets so much more ridiculous in health and damage output. may bring in a daeodon as well just in case. Also we will have all 10 player slots full so we can jam in one more. 

17 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

I think you misinterpret what he is saying.

He literally says that mutation in speed gives +2 wild levels to it (is what you are saying, as well as all those research topics you are talking about).

But speed increase per wild level on dinos is 0%, so the end result of +2 wild levels from mutation in speed is still 0% increase, even tho the level count will increase. Hence it is a wasted points/mutation for breeding.

Yes I get what he's saying, and that is how it works for wild levels applied, just not for mutations.

To complicated to discuss here though, it'll totally detail this thread.

43 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Yes I get what he's saying, and that is how it works for wild levels applied, just not for mutations.

To complicated to discuss here though, it'll totally detail this thread.

Mutations are wild levels. Speed is not increasing. This is not misinformation, this is first hand testing by me. I hatched many thousend dinos. And yes, this is not a exaggeration as for most of the time i played with boosted breeding times.

Also the same observation is made by other people who did extensive breeding. It's mentioned in pretty much every indepth breeding guide.

23 hours ago, Thorium said:

Mutations are wild levels. Speed is not increasing. This is not misinformation, this is first hand testing by me. I hatched many thousend dinos. And yes, this is not a exaggeration as for most of the time i played with boosted breeding times.

Also the same observation is made by other people who did extensive breeding. It's mentioned in pretty much every indepth breeding guide.

Like I said, if you'd like to discuss it, PM me. It's way too detailed to go into on someone else's thread.

I get the impression, like many, that you think your personal experience means you actually know how it works... Just like those with in depth breeding guides that are full of misinformation.

Anyways, that's not the subject of this thread, so we should stop now.

Cheers regardless!

Archived