Kentro vs Bosses

UDGxKnight

On 5/19/2017 at 3:10 PM, Jostabeere said:

This would make bosses really easy. You could dipatch even the hardest boss in some minutes with full health levelled Tank-Allos.

>Take packs of 3 to a boss. Damage it heavily with percentage damage

>Replace dead Allos

>Easy boss kills

that's the problem with bleed damage at this moment, it shouldn't be a percentage of the victim, the bleed damage should be added damage over time and a percentage of the attack of the dino.

This should solve the "to easy" point of bosses and would also take care of the allos, kentro's etc being op against high mounts. (ex. bronto/rex should not go down as fast as a trike)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think it is viable, because: there is no kentro saddle, so they get the full damage from the bosses and they have not enough HP to outlive the million HP one monsters. 

Most of the bosses nowdays can be killed by only glitching (eg broodmothers and dragons), not because the rexes can tank them effectively. 

Yesterday we did 3 bosses (hard brood, medium wyvern and megapithecus) and the first two was about glitching them into stuck position where they cant damage. I cant imagine a hard brood can be killed legitimately when she constantly damages the dinos attacking them...  nothing can have such amount of HP what can survive that... 

We just discussed with the teammats how WC imagined those bosses...

It is my understanding that it is not a scaling damage. So no matter what is hitting it, its always a base set damage. That is well and good vs lower level dinos, but the moment you take, lets say a 250 base melee giga with a good saddle and somewhat of an imprint, I don't care how many of those things you have, they are dead.

Same with Boss's, don't expect them to survive long enough to cause enough damage.

8 hours ago, szabiferi said:

I dont think it is viable, because: there is no kentro saddle, so they get the full damage from the bosses and they have not enough HP to outlive the million HP one monsters. 

Most of the bosses nowdays can be killed by only glitching (eg broodmothers and dragons), not because the rexes can tank them effectively. 

Yesterday we did 3 bosses (hard brood, medium wyvern and megapithecus) and the first two was about glitching them into stuck position where they cant damage. I cant imagine a hard brood can be killed legitimately when she constantly damages the dinos attacking them...  nothing can have such amount of HP what can survive that... 

We just discussed with the teammats how WC imagined those bosses...

My guess the hard ones are meant to be more tactical than just tank and spank. With the addition of the hell pigs you could prolong the fight and hopefully take her down, but you would still need REALLY strong Rexs and probably be best to have high level bred pig someone can ride to increase its defense an fill it with dodo kibble I would say its possible. 

10 hours ago, Leviathon121 said:

My guess the hard ones are meant to be more tactical than just tank and spank. With the addition of the hell pigs you could prolong the fight and hopefully take her down, but you would still need REALLY strong Rexs and probably be best to have high level bred pig someone can ride to increase its defense an fill it with dodo kibble I would say its possible. 

Well... we use pigs BETWEEN the bossfights, and honestly, after a medium megapithecus we had to fill the pig 5-7 times with food until it could heal all the damage that our 20 rex got from it. In a battle I cant imagine a pig can be reloaded at all, so it is a oneshot heal, what is not too much if you take into account what amount of damage the bosses can churn out. 

Honestly, I'm looking forward to see valid and interesting tactics to kill the bosses, but on the youtube everywhere bossing is about

A. glitching them and shoot them to death

B. glitching them and send a blob of rexes on them. 

Anyone trying to be creative on bossing usually fails OR it is so complex and fragile tactics it does not really worth the effort. Just high level rexes with MC/ASC saddles....

5 hours ago, szabiferi said:

Well... we use pigs BETWEEN the bossfights, and honestly, after a medium megapithecus we had to fill the pig 5-7 times with food until it could heal all the damage that our 20 rex got from it. In a battle I cant imagine a pig can be reloaded at all, so it is a oneshot heal, what is not too much if you take into account what amount of damage the bosses can churn out. 

Honestly, I'm looking forward to see valid and interesting tactics to kill the bosses, but on the youtube everywhere bossing is about

A. glitching them and shoot them to death

B. glitching them and send a blob of rexes on them. 

Anyone trying to be creative on bossing usually fails OR it is so complex and fragile tactics it does not really worth the effort. Just high level rexes with MC/ASC saddles....

What kind of food are you using?

On 22/05/2017 at 3:56 PM, Leviathon121 said:

Hard broodmother can two-shot a rex with 30k hp. Daeodons would be absolutely worthless against that particular boss which has astronomical damage from the acid spit.

Trust me, its so ridiculous its disgusting.

8 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Hard broodmother can two-shot a rex with 30k hp. Daeodons would be absolutely worthless against that particular boss which has astronomical damage from the acid spit.

Trust me, its so ridiculous its disgusting.

I think it would be possible, but it would mostly come down to how lucky you are in where her points get allocated. We had a medium fight where she had just as much HP as on easy, but was hitting like a truck. Then another where she barely did anything, but took what felt like forever to kill her.

2 hours ago, Leviathon121 said:

I think it would be possible, but it would mostly come down to how lucky you are in where her points get allocated. We had a medium fight where she had just as much HP as on easy, but was hitting like a truck. Then another where she barely did anything, but took what felt like forever to kill her.

Ok but you need to understand how much of a frigtening gap there is between medium and hard brood.

From easy to medium you can progress just fine. From medium to hard you can expect it's hp to nearly triple and the boss to do an absolutely monstrous amount of damage, as well as being so tanky unless you are lucky you will come down to the last minute on the timer. There is absolutely no time to switch out rexes and heal them with a pig. Also if you keep the pig itself in the fight, theres a risk of the rider being hit by acid spit as well as the pig dying from the minions. 

If you think medium brood hits like a truck, you will be very surprised when you do hard brood and get hit for 2k damage per slap, through saddle armor, and absolutely melted with acid spit. It is an absolutely insane boss, and I would consider it harder than hard dragon. Speaking of expecience as I have done both multiple times.

14 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Ok but you need to understand how much of a frigtening gap there is between medium and hard brood.

From easy to medium you can progress just fine. From medium to hard you can expect it's hp to nearly triple and the boss to do an absolutely monstrous amount of damage, as well as being so tanky unless you are lucky you will come down to the last minute on the timer. There is absolutely no time to switch out rexes and heal them with a pig. Also if you keep the pig itself in the fight, theres a risk of the rider being hit by acid spit as well as the pig dying from the minions. 

If you think medium brood hits like a truck, you will be very surprised when you do hard brood and get hit for 2k damage per slap, through saddle armor, and absolutely melted with acid spit. It is an absolutely insane boss, and I would consider it harder than hard dragon. Speaking of expecience as I have done both multiple times.

Oh I know the massive difference just never tried her on hard on the official servers yet. I was just stating how it can have variations and could get lucky and have a weak as piss brood mother. An for the pig from what I understand as long as you have the pig full of kibble (with a rider? not sure if its needed or not) you should be able to keep the aura on and it alive. The healing itself I am not so sure how it works. If it is a percentage of base health or a flat amount and it's per/second or what. I haven't had the chance to play with the pig that much yet. If you know an could break it down for me it would be greatly appreciated. :) 

21 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The hit from the hard brood is similar to getting stomped on *3* times by a titan if that puts this into perspective.

5 minutes ago, Leviathon121 said:

Oh I know the massive difference just never tried her on hard on the official servers yet. I was just stating how it can have variations and could get lucky and have a weak as piss brood mother. An for the pig from what I understand as long as you have the pig full of kibble (with a rider? not sure if its needed or not) you should be able to keep the aura on and it alive. The healing itself I am not so sure how it works. If it is a percentage of base health or a flat amount and it's per/second or what. I haven't had the chance to play with the pig that much yet. If you know an could break it down for me it would be greatly appreciated. :) 

I have to say I've never played around with it :( While I suppose it could help, there is no way it can heal all those rexes faster/as fast as the brood can hurt them. And I'd much rather glitch it and focus on having all riders doing as much damage as possible to not die to the timer haha

Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

I have to say I've never played around with it :( While I suppose it could help, there is no way it can heal all those rexes faster/as fast as the brood can hurt them. And I'd much rather glitch it and focus on having all riders doing as much damage as possible to not die to the timer haha

I more or less just want to be able to do it without having to rely on glitches even if it mean losing everything. Because it can all be replaced and we are consistently getting better Rex material to work with whether it is through trade, taming, or breeding mutations.

32 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

It seems that the daeodons heal is health based so the more you have the more you heal. I will do some testing and see what kind of percentage of health it gets and I watched a few videos and it looks like its aura pulses roughly every second.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I was trying to explain this to someone who thought all damage and scaling was relative. Thanks for the first hand experience for my "told you so" speech ill give him :P

@Wazzamaniac I did a little bit of testing last night with a hell pig I borrowed and they heal rexs for roughly 1% of their max health every second as long as someone is on them. 26k Rex was getting about 900 health every 3-4 seconds. So you get Rexs with 40k and good saddles you might be able to mitigate a majority of the damage that the brood mother would do. The only draw back is the food of which you will need and its best to use kibble on the Pig hands down. Either stacked with dodo kibble since its easy or Iguanodon since it restores double the food as than all the other kibbles, but either way it seems like a tribe of 10 with 9 rex riders 1 pig rider and and 10 rexs to just do extra dps seems like it quite possibly could be doable. The main thing is to get 2 hell pigs 150 kibble tamed hopefully ones with high health an food and breed them so you have a nice strong one with that imprint bonus to mitigate the damage. Also that's another thing that makes me wonder. How can the brood mother do so much damage with 30% damage reduction from imprinting and another 33% Reduction from mate boosting. Her damage output on the rider Rexs should be slashed significantly with her only doing 37% damage along with the armor of the saddle lets say 100 so that's another 10% something just doesn't add up.

1 minute ago, Leviathon121 said:

@Wazzamaniac I did a little bit of testing last night with a hell pig I borrowed and they heal rexs for roughly 1% of their max health every second as long as someone is on them. 26k Rex was getting about 900 health every 3-4 seconds. So you get Rexs with 40k and good saddles you might be able to mitigate a majority of the damage that the brood mother would do. The only draw back is the food of which you will need and its best to use kibble on the Pig hands down. Either stacked with dodo kibble since its easy or Iguanodon since it restores double the food as than all the other kibbles, but either way it seems like a tribe of 10 with 9 rex riders 1 pig rider and and 10 rexs to just do extra dps seems like it quite possibly could be doable. The main thing is to get 2 hell pigs 150 kibble tamed hopefully ones with high health an food and breed them so you have a nice strong one with that imprint bonus to mitigate the damage. Also that's another thing that makes me wonder. How can the brood mother do so much damage with 30% damage reduction from imprinting and another 33% Reduction from mate boosting. Her damage output on the rider Rexs should be slashed significantly with her only doing 37% damage along with the armor of the saddle lets say 100 so that's another 10% something just doesn't add up.

That is a whole of science and maths and I love it lol. I just want to make the Hard Broodmother doable without glitching her. She just does wayyyyy too much damage

24 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

That is a whole of science and maths and I love it lol. I just want to make the Hard Broodmother doable without glitching her. She just does wayyyyy too much damage

I've done a little more just needed a moment to crunch the numbers. @Wazzamaniac Okay I have crunched literally ALL the numbers. IF! The broodmother had literally EVERY point put into her melee she would do 7157.5 damage (FUUUCKIN OUCH!) BUT with mate boost and rider imprint her damage is reduced to 2648.3 Damage (DAAAAAMN!) Now when you add the saddle of say 100 armor her damage is slashed in half again to the point of where she would do 1324.15 damage THAT is doable number for the rexs. Those without a rider they take 2397.8 damage and all of that is only if she had all of her points dumped into melee. So more or less they will be spread about between her 5 Stats Health, Melee, Food, Weight, and Stamina. So the chances of her having that much is like almost 0%. Even if she did she would have less health than easy and with your Rexs having 40k health and almost 700% melee she would drop like a sack of poop. It seems to me that people go in without being properly prepared having that high imprint and making sure they have several of the opposite sex. Yes there will be mass casualties with the ones not being ridden, but she should be doable legitimately without glitches especially with everything put in there ALONG with a pig standing in the back just AoE healing and someone just dumping food in him so he doesn't implode.

10 minutes ago, Leviathon121 said:

I've done a little more just needed a moment to crunch the numbers. @Wazzamaniac Okay I have crunched literally ALL the numbers. IF! The broodmother had literally EVERY point put into her melee she would do 7157.5 damage (raptorIN OUCH!) BUT with mate boost and rider imprint her damage is reduced to 2648.3 Damage (DAAAAAMN!) Now when you add the saddle of say 100 armor her damage is slashed in half again to the point of where she would do 1324.15 damage THAT is doable number for the rexs without a rider they take 2397.8 damage and all of that is only if she had all of her points dumped into melee. So more or less they will be spread about between her 5 Stats Health, Melee, Food, Weight, and Stamina. So the chances of her having that much is like almost 0%. Even if she did she would have less health than easy and with your Rexs having 40k health and almost 700% melee she would drop like a sack of poop. It seems to me that people go in without being properly prepared having that high imprint and making sure they have several of the opposite sex. Yes there will be mass casualties with the ones not being ridden, but she should be doable legitimately without glitches especially with everything put in there ALONG with a pig standing in the back just AoE healing and someone just dumping food in him so he doesn't implode.

I'd like to thank you for the calculations you've done. Well done! :D

As I said, I have done the hard broodmother on official and it took us 9 minutes out of 15, since we had optimal conditions. To prepare ourselves for the fight, we hopped on a private server to test, which had damage indicators on. The 2k damage that I was claiming she was doing wasnt taking into consideration imprint boost, but it did so through saddle armor and mate boost. Yes a pig would be very useful, however considering the AOE attack of the brood and the fact that it likes to hit or spit every second or so, the pig will just be delaying the inevitable. So with it, the fight miiiight be possible but we have to expect loads of casualties in future bossfights once they fix them, making element an ever rarer commodity and people will want even less to spend that 300 element to clone a single rex.

5 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I'd like to thank you for the calculations you've done. Well done! :D

As I said, I have done the hard broodmother on official and it took us 9 minutes out of 15, since we had optimal conditions. To prepare ourselves for the fight, we hopped on a private server to test, which had damage indicators on. The 2k damage that I was claiming she was doing wasnt taking into consideration imprint boost, but it did so through saddle armor and mate boost. Yes a pig would be very useful, however considering the AOE attack of the brood and the fact that it likes to hit or spit every second or so, the pig will just be delaying the inevitable. So with it, the fight miiiight be possible but we have to expect loads of casualties in future bossfights once they fix them, making element an ever rarer commodity and people will want even less to spend that 300 element to clone a single rex.

It was my pleasure to give hope to a more legitimate way of taking her down haha. The Heal pulse the pig produces has a nice range so it shouldn't need to be in the thick of things and can move around a bit, but this will all come down to a persons bred rex stats. Ours could MAYBE do it if we had a daeodon and 8 more tribe members lol. We are still trying to find better stats to breed into our rexs to get the best unicorn stats it can possibly have and we are getting somewhat close, but can always be better.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Demigod said:

i hate to resurrect a dead thread, but can anyone confirm the viability of kentros against bosses? does the damage reflection scale with melee? could health be bumped enough to where you maybe get the boss to focus on the kentros while chomping on it with rexes?

I can't swear to it but I want to say that I think the bosses are immune to the reflect 

Archived