Kentro vs Bosses

UDGxKnight

Has anyone tried putting Kentrosaurs against the bosses with their reflect damage? I wanna know how effective they are at reflecting the damage. I am in no way expecting them to kill the boss, but if they can take a significant chunk of health away then that would be helpful with like the hard Broodmother and Meg. 

Any info is appreciated. Gonna start taming them and breeding them in preparation to test myself if nobody else has.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Quirky said:

You mean for a lvl 10 or so?.

He said maxed. That's looking at 4-5 hours on eve.

I mean you should use the appropriate food for the task if you want to tame a max level. That's a given. I suggest you don't try to stone tame a 150 rock elemental either but if you hate yourself go for it lol

7 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

I don't think it works, because you can't do the Allosaur's bleeding attack in the boss arenas. At least it didn't work a few weeks ago and maybe Wildcard changed it.

That's because bosses are immune to Bleeding damage. And not because it just doesn't work. It works on the grunts the bosses spawn.

6 hours ago, Griffin1984 said:

they should make this bleed damage work on bosses, this would give us other option than just rex's ....

This would make bosses really easy. You could dipatch even the hardest boss in some minutes with full health levelled Tank-Allos.

>Take packs of 3 to a boss. Damage it heavily with percentage damage

>Replace dead Allos

>Easy boss kills

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

This would make bosses really easy. You could dipatch even the hardest boss in some minutes with full health levelled Tank-Allos.

>Take packs of 3 to a boss. Damage it heavily with percentage damage

>Replace dead Allos

>Easy boss kills

It actually used to be a thing until they realized how easily it was to kill them so they removed the ability to do it.

Kentro's have a capped damage of 100 for the reflect according to someones post the other day. Maxing out melee does not improve the reflect damage, so I guess HP would be the best to level to keep them alive longer to do more damage. 

So no, they would not be good for bosses unless any changes are made to how they currently work, 

1 hour ago, Rancor said:

Kentro's have a capped damage of 100 for the reflect according to someones post the other day. Maxing out melee does not improve the reflect damage, so I guess HP would be the best to level to keep them alive longer to do more damage. 

So no, they would not be good for bosses unless any changes are made to how they currently work, 

Are you absolutely sure about that? Cuz uhhh... They seem to be able to take Gigas down rather simply for just doing 100 capped damage, even with just a few they hurt it pretty good

2 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Are you absolutely sure about that? Cuz uhhh... They seem to be able to take Gigas down rather simply for just doing 100 capped damage, even with just a few they hurt it pretty good

Yeah idk how true that is could also be a bug. Got killed by my own enraged giga after a couple bites of a wild kentro. Lost roughly 1500 health with a journeyman saddle so these guys are no joke.

23 minutes ago, RilyHaryToze said:

Yeah idk how true that is could also be a bug. Got killed by my own enraged giga after a couple bites of a wild kentro. Lost roughly 1500 health with a journeyman saddle so these guys are no joke.

I think that it should be percentage based no matter if its vs a boss or not, its only fair

5 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Well you have 100 (or how ever many at a time) Kentro's doing reflect AND attack damage. So I imagine that adds up fast, Giga's have a WIDE attack so how ever many it is hitting at one time x100 damage. 

I am not 100% on it, I will look for the original post where the guy was upset about the damage being limited and unaffected by melee. Unless it was originally a glitch and they patched it.

Also does the larger tames take damage from stepping on these like spike walls?

Archived