Noobs tired of losing your pack? Do this

Bramboxc123

This thread is for everyone really but it's so simple it's a wonder why it's not more obvious.

Everyone hates losing their pack in bushes. Never knowing if it fell thru the world or you're just off by a few feet.

What to do?

If you're going to lose a fight pull out torch and right click at the ground and try and die on it.

That'll save you a lot of trouble.

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

This thread is for everyone really but it's so simple it's a wonder why it's not more obvious.

Everyone hates losing their pack in bushes. Never knowing if it fell thru the world or you're just off by a few feet.

What to do?

If you're going to lose a fight pull out torch and right click at the ground and try and die on it.

That'll save you a lot of trouble.

lol I actually did this one time... completely by accident.

Seriously saved my butt though.

I have thrown storage boxes together and plopped them down and threw all my stuff in them a bunch of times when I knew the end was near.  I have also threw all of my contents onto my ride a few times.  They really should make the packs a little brighter so they don't blend in as much.  I hate searching forever for a pack not knowing if it's even in the area or sunk into the world or despawned.

The last one I lost was due to the flier nerf. My bird barely had enough stamina to make it across the swamp, just as I hit solid land he force landed right at a bunch various creatures that wanted me dead. We both died almost instantly.  So I spawned back at my base, grabbed some weapons and jumped on another flier but I couldn't get back to where i died in time to get my pack and the contents of the bird I was using. 

4 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

I have thrown storage boxes together and plopped them down and threw all my stuff in them a bunch of times when I knew the end was near.  I have also threw all of my contents onto my ride a few times.  They really should make the packs a little brighter so they don't blend in as much.  I hate searching forever for a pack not knowing if it's even in the area or sunk into the world or despawned.

The last one I lost was due to the flier nerf. My bird barely had enough stamina to make it across the swamp, just as I hit solid land he force landed right at a bunch various creatures that wanted me dead. We both died almost instantly.  So I spawned back at my base, grabbed some weapons and jumped on another flier but I couldn't get back to where i died in time to get my pack and the contents of the bird I was using. 

That's a good one too but unfortunately for me the time it takes to put stuff in it is really long (load times for the object). Plus when youre being swarmed by wolves or that last chomp of a rex. The box can break.

That flyer nerf sounds rough lol. Im always on foot.

2 minutes ago, Currahee said:

No one else uses transponders?

Why go thru all that trouble?

I have never used gps once lol.

Even when sighting for artillery in reality I could get to within accuracy of the width of my pencil just with a map and no compass using triangulation on observable targets by line of sight.

Lol

45 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

Why go thru all that trouble?

I have never used gps once lol.

Even when sighting for artillery in reality I could get to within accuracy of the width of my pencil just with a map and no compass using triangulation on observable targets by line of sight.

Lol

Why go through the trouble of pulling out a device to tell you exactly where your bag is? To avoid complaining about losing it of course.

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Hmmm.. didn't work back in the day. Haven't tested it well over a year though. Have to revisit it :)

Oh,  I think I know what it might be. If your body is eaten it still points to the bag - unless you take another node and affix it to yourself. Then it points to you. I'll have to test that again but I think that's happened to me before.

31 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Why go through the trouble of pulling out a device to tell you exactly where your bag is? To avoid complaining about losing it of course.

By device you mean torch right? I meanI feel like a gps and transmitter is a little more involved and as others discussed no guarantee of it working.

If you drop a torch you're guaranteed to have it stay lit for 13.5 minutes at 100% durability 

4 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

They despawn after a few mins or so I think? Like maybe 2 mins? I'm not sure tho, but it's a good trick xD I dyed my hair to locate my body,  wore bright clothing and held a torch, but it was always a DireWolf when my body got ate ? I'll have to try this in future.

No it burns for 13.25 minutes when thrown. I was off by 15 seconds.

34 minutes ago, BroJob said:

Even better, have a sleeping bag on your hot bar and drop it just before you die to rez right next to your bag (wait a few seconds for the predator that killed you to move away so you have time to grab your gear and sprint)

Was literally just about to say this until I read your comment lol always keep one in your quick slot it's such a time saver unless you like a good old treasure hunt ?

3 hours ago, BroJob said:

Even better, have a sleeping bag on your hot bar and drop it just before you die to rez right next to your bag (wait a few seconds for the predator that killed you to move away so you have time to grab your gear and sprint)

This might be a good idea but i have noticed multiple times that the creature that killed you stays "on guard" around your pack. Also when dying in the swamp, respawning on your pack = death before you can move lol

I just check my immediate surroundings when near death and allways keep track of where i am. this way i always know approximatly where to search. (unles my body gets bounced around..... )

Archived