Some babies take so long to raise

Vita

This game is extremely time consuming and before you say "go play dedicated", Ill save you the trouble of typing and say thank you for the suggestion I have known of dedicated servers over the 1 1/2 years Ive been playing and havent felt like playing on them bc we have already built up on officials servers, I already have high lvld characters on there and a lot of 100% imprinted tames. Its too late to give all of that up to play dedicated because one single one of my raises went wrong.

This stems from the fact that over the past week and a half I have woken myself up every night and cancelled plans Ive had just so that I could stay home and imprint my virtual dino (Giga) i smoothly got it to 86% maturity and 86% imprint but guess what. You already know it an 18gb ark update hits and I have 3mbp internet. Im actually still only at 70% on the download as we speak.

I guess they could make this easier by allowing 2 tribemates to imprint the same dino because usually babies have 2 parents anyway right???? Besides those test tube cloned babies. But hey allowing that might actually be reasonable. What would this game be without sleep deprived survivors? 

The most annoying part is that Im at home able to imprint on my giga but cant because Im stuck doing a stupid update that is probably just adding more bugs to the game anyway. 

Took me about 200 days of playtime to finally trust ark enough to raise a giga and boom I get screwed over on the imprint and possibly the raise since I havent been on in over 12 hours to give it any meat... Wildcard if you are going to require such hardcore dedication you should at least have some failsafes in place.

Even if it means that when an update hits, dinos will not mature eat or anything until the person who imprinted them can log back on?? Would seem pretty fair to me as you guys can probably detect that the servers have recently been updated and could make a trigger from this put maturing dinos into an even more hardcore form of stasis than just leaving render. Literally no maturation until the player logs back in. 

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, Vita said:

This stems from the fact that over the past week and a half I have woken myself up every night and cancelled plans Ive had just so that I could stay home and imprint my virtual dino (Giga) i smoothly got it to 86% maturity and 86% imprint but guess what. You already know it an 18gb ark update hits and I have 3mbp internet. Im actually still only at 70% on the download as we speak.

I'll never understand why people breed dinos when they know a patch is scheduled.

24 minutes ago, Vita said:

This game is far too time consuming and before you say "go play dedicated" your point is invalid bc the official server rates are officially how the game is meant to be played. Also the 'official' servers go down all the time I can only imagine how bad a player hosted server would be. 

I guess they could make this easier by allowing 2 tribemates to imprint the same dino because usually babies have 2 parents anyway right???? Besides those test tube cloned babies. But hey that would actually be reasonable right? What would this game be without sleep deprived survivors? 

The most annoying part is that Im at home able to imprint on my giga but cant because Im stuck doing a stupid update that is probably just adding more bugs to the game anyway. 

Took me about 200 days of playtime to finally trust ark enough to raise a giga and boom I get screwed over on the imprint and possibly the raise since I havent been on in over 12 hours to give it any meat... Wildcard if you are going to require such hardcore dedication you should at least have some failsafes in place.

Even if it means that when an update hits, dinos will not mature eat or anything until the person who imprinted them can log back on?? Would seem pretty fair to me as you guys can prpbably detect that the servers have recently been updated and could make a trigger from this put maturing dinos into an even more hardcore form of stasis than just leaving render. Literally no maturation until the player logs back in. 

Think about it Wildcard youve probably lost many players bc of the time you require people to spend just for it to be ruined by a lag out or an update. Like even if I do 100% imprint that giga I could possibly lag out on it and a wild theri could start attacking it. At this point my game would probably crash 5 times on load up. Then when joining the server it will say joinimg session... for 10 minutes before I have to go to my network settings to go offline and back online. Its crazy that we are expected to spend so much time to do the end game things, yet the game is so laggy and buggy. I probably wont be raising another gig until full release if that ever comes

This is another example of whining and I frankly do not care for it. I will say if you don't like how the game is far too time consuming or too grindy then either A. Go to a unoffical and create boosted stats or single player and add boosted stats. B. Find a new game if this is too hard for you. 

This has to be one of the most self centered and entitled posts I have read. WC does not owe you anything nor do they make you play the game. The whole reason they allowed dedicated servers in the first place was because they knew people would not have the time or drive to play official so go over to dedicated if you dont have the time its not hard and saying you wont because official is how the game is supposed to be played is a an excuse. 

As for your Giga the update had been announced and talked about for over a week and its not their fault if you didnt pay attention or seek out information on upcoming patches. If you want to play official its all about time management. I work plus go to school full time and I played official for over a year before I decided to move to dedicated. Imprinting nor raising is a requirement for the game. Ark is a sandbox game and it is what you want to make of it. Whining about it and blaming WC for your own misgivings is in no way constructive. 

41 minutes ago, Vita said:

This game is far too time consuming and before you say "go play dedicated" your point is invalid bc the official server rates are officially how the game is meant to be played. Also the 'official' servers go down all the time I can only imagine how bad a player hosted server would be. 

I guess they could make this easier by allowing 2 tribemates to imprint the same dino because usually babies have 2 parents anyway right???? Besides those test tube cloned babies. But hey that would actually be reasonable right? What would this game be without sleep deprived survivors? 

Even if it means that when an update hits, dinos will not mature eat or anything until the person who imprinted them can log back on?? Would seem pretty fair to me as you guys can prpbably detect that the servers have recently been updated and could make a trigger from this put maturing dinos into an even more hardcore form of stasis than just leaving render. Literally no maturation until the player logs back in. 

Think about it Wildcard youve probably lost many players bc of the time you require people to spend just for it to be ruined by a lag out or an update. Like even if I do 100% imprint that giga I could possibly lag out on it and a wild theri could start attacking it. At this point my game would probably crash 5 times on load up. Then when joining the server it will say joinimg session... for 10 minutes before I have to go to my network settings to go offline and back online. Its crazy that we are expected to spend so much time to do the end game things, yet the game is so laggy and buggy. I probably wont be raising another gig until full release if that ever comes

You are out of your mind X'D like seriously. It isn't anyones fault about your mistake except yours, EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT THE UPDATE (Put that in Caps so you would understand and actually see it) and its your fault if you decided to do something like that with an impending update. 

Imprinting is a commitment for better stats, you don't just get to make your Giga more OP lightly. Frankly 86% is better than 0% soooo I don't see the problem. 

YOU decided to play the game in its pre-release state and YOU knew it had issues, and yet here we are.

15 minutes ago, ShanaEU said:

I think it's your fault but with 86% maturation , if you give him 5h off food( like all player ) , you have no problem

Emilia Tan is better waifu.

But to the topic, it must suck OP a lot of work down the drain, but to be fair, there is usually a 15 minute warning and a second 5 minute warning before updates.

1 hour ago, Vita said:

You're heading down the wrong path in your first paragraph.

There is no "way the game should be played", you play it like you want.

If you want to spend a week imprinting a giga that's your own choice, but then coming to complain about it not fitting your schedule, come on...
This is probably the most flexible game out there to set up to fit your play style.
If you don't want to do that, you only got yourself to blame.

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'll never understand why people breed dinos when they know a patch is scheduled.

The giga was 90% matured when the update hit. I hardly hatched it around the time a patch was scheduled just the game is programmed to make raising take so long you hardly have a window of time in which you can fully raise a giga

5 hours ago, GrumpyxKitten said:

This has to be one of the most self centered and entitled posts I have read. WC does not owe you anything nor do they make you play the game. The whole reason they allowed dedicated servers in the first place was because they knew people would not have the time or drive to play official so go over to dedicated if you dont have the time its not hard and saying you wont because official is how the game is supposed to be played is a an excuse. 

As for your Giga the update had been announced and talked about for over a week and its not their fault if you didnt pay attention or seek out information on upcoming patches. If you want to play official its all about time management. I work plus go to school full time and I played official for over a year before I decided to move to dedicated. Imprinting nor raising is a requirement for the game. Ark is a sandbox game and it is what you want to make of it. Whining about it and blaming WC for your own misgivings is in no way constructive. 

do you know how long it takes to raise a giga?

5 hours ago, Ikaros said:

Emilia Tan is better waifu.

But to the topic, it must suck OP a lot of work down the drain, but to be fair, there is usually a 15 minute warning and a second 5 minute warning before updates.

Yeah I filled my troughs when that update notice came out but my update is still only at 90% right now so, unless my tribemates filled the troughs for me my baby is most likely dead :(

Yes I do I have raised them and it still comes down to time management. I only raised a giga during a vacation or if I knew my tribemates had the time off. We made sure our schedules would allow us to keep it alive.Also we knew not to do it with a patch incoming. Again if you dont have the time to raise a giga or if you are going to complain about it go to a dedi where you can get it done if half the time or less. Regardless thats not WC fault. Its an end game tame of course its supposed to be difficult but its not necessary to have one. Personally I hate gigas and now that I dont play official I dont even bother with them. 

5 minutes ago, Vita said:

The giga was 90% matured when the update hit. I hardly hatched it around the time a patch was scheduled just the game is programmed to make raising take so long you hardly have a window of time in which you can fully raise a giga

True that. I can barely find a window between updates and hotfixes to raise a rex let alone a giga. I raised gigas one time about 14 months ago. Never again.

3 hours ago, GrumpyxKitten said:

Yes I do I have raised them and it still comes down to time management. I only raised a giga during a vacation or if I knew my tribemates had the time off. We made sure our schedules would allow us to keep it alive.Also we knew not to do it with a patch incoming. Again if you dont have the time to raise a giga or if you are going to complain about it go to a dedi where you can get it done if half the time or less. Regardless thats not WC fault. Its an end game tame of course its supposed to be difficult but its not necessary to have one. Personally I hate gigas and now that I dont play official I dont even bother with them. 

Then I guess since you have raised them you know that it takes about 2 weeks to mature it fully , its pretty hard to find a gap in my personal/work schedule while also lining it up with wildcards update schedule just ti imprint on this dino. You focus too much on how I got screwed over instead of reading my suggestions on how to make this imprinting system work better. Why can only one single person imprint on this dino when babies have mothers and fathers? WC should recognize that they have made certain tames take too long to mature and that they should give people some leeway on raising them. I know I get about 7 imprints Im allowed to miss but Im pretty sure I slept through my alarms at night due to the sleep deprivation I got on the first day of even raising the baby. Like 24 hour hand feed time are you kidding me.

If you see I dont want to play a dedicated server bc they go down so often and are up to the person hosting it to when they will get wiped clean or even turned on so that you can play. what if one day the person running the server feels sick or something? Then I am just out of luck and cant play bc he/she is bedridden. No thank you. i understand I can raise a giga faster on dedicated but why would I want to even do that its like if you made a COD montage playing private match. nobody cares and its not much help when an admin can just spawn themselves anything in that they want

2 hours ago, Vita said:

Why would you play a game that causes you so much angst?  This is basically the only game I play.  Why!?!  THE CHALLENGE whether players or environment.  I play every single day.  I wasn't taming anything.  Why you might ask?  Because I follow WC and make sure I plan around the updates they are releasing for this game.  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but this is all on you.  Do you remember the disclaimer for the game when you bought it......"game is still in development".  Enjoy or it for what it is and stop blaming others for your bad planning.

But Im done posting in here I admit that I am wrong nobody forces me to play ark or to raise babies. I am the only one to blame for the update hitting while I am raising a baby and nobody else. Its an alpha game so even if thousands of people are screwed over by 36 hour rollbacks and poop its fine nobody should complain or ever ever ever offer ANY suggestions on how the game could be better. I didnt ask for a rollback I didnt ask for my pixel pet I spent  1 1/2 weeks raising just for it to die back. Instead I stated why I was having an issue then I gave suggestions as to how this could be made better for people.

3 hours ago, jlhanna2 said:

Why would you play a game that causes you so much angst?  This is basically the only game I play.  Why!?!  THE CHALLENGE whether players or environment.  I play every single day.  I wasn't taming anything.  Why you might ask?  Because I follow WC and make sure I plan around the updates they are releasing for this game.  I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but this is all on you.  Do you remember the disclaimer for the game when you bought it......"game is still in development".  Enjoy or it for what it is and stop blaming others for your bad planning.

gigas take so long to raise its hard to plan around ETA dates that come sooner or later than they have stated EVERY SINGLE TIME

12 minutes ago, Vita said:

the giga was almost fully raised when the patch hit, not like I hatched it the day the patch hit

Never said that. I said breeding, meaning any stage really. I was merely making an observation that there always seems to be a group every patch that had breeding going on. Heck, it wasn't even a stab at you.

Nothing more, nothing less, or I would have included that in my statement.

1 minute ago, Vita said:

But Im done posting in here I admit that I am wrong nobody forces me to play ark or to raise babies. I am the only one to blame for the update hitting while I am raising a baby and nobody else. Its an alpha game so even if thousands of people are screwed over by 36 hour rollbacks and poop its fine nobody should complain or ever ever ever offer ANY suggestions on how the game could be better. I didnt ask for a rollback I didnt ask for my pixel pet I spent  1 1/2 weeks raising just for it to die back. Instead I stated why I was having an issue then I gave suggestions as to how this could be made better for people.

You can suggest things but not in the way that you tried to in this post if you did at all. Your post makes you sound like a child who is whining and wants to be entitled. If you want to make suggestions go to the game suggestion area then make a new post calmly and decently posting what you want breeding and raising baby dinos should be like. 

3 hours ago, Snapshot said:

You can suggest things but not in the way that you tried to in this post if you did at all. Your post makes you sound like a child who is whining and wants to be entitled. If you want to make suggestions go to the game suggestion area then make a new post calmly and decently posting what you want breeding and raising baby dinos should be like. 

You are right thank you kind sir

Archived