Riot armor

Kurbbie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Kurbbie said:

Why did you raise the cap for riot armor. I will never wear armor now due to the fact nakeds can club you out in 2 hits even with 40 fort. DILO wild card im literally baffed.

Its even more ironic when you consider how rarely Riot Armor was used in the past before the patch. Its basically too expensive and too heavy for what its worth. It only gives you 15 more armor which is peanuts plus some mild torpor protection.

It definitely needs a buff, my recommendation would be to set the base armor at 150 instead of 115. This would help make it more viable vs Flak Armor given the cost differences.

4 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

Its even more ironic when you consider how rarely Riot Armor was used in the past before the patch. Its basically too expensive and too heavy for what its worth. It only gives you 15 more armor which is peanuts plus some mild torpor protection.

It definitely needs a buff, my recommendation would be to set the base armor at 150 instead of 115. This would help make it more viable vs Flak Armor given the cost differences.

Not a buff, needs to be put back into the 70-80 category. Riot was the prime counter to clubs. Im not gonna wear armor anymore its useless against anything but dinos, naked club fights forever now.

Riot is the only effective counter to clubs, its not just about the armor value. Without riot youre effectively naked against clubs.

Even very high fortitude (40+ points) is barely effective against clubs, and  fortitude has very little effectiveness against high melee with a club.

There is nothing that can be done to stop high melee with a decent club from being a one hit knockout without riot.

Now riot cant be made until lvl98.

15 hours ago, x514 said:

Riot is the only effective counter to clubs, its not just about the armor value. Without riot youre effectively naked against clubs.

Even very high fortitude (40+ points) is barely effective against clubs, and  fortitude has very little effectiveness against high melee with a club.

There is nothing that can be done to stop high melee with a decent club from being a one hit knockout without riot.

Now riot cant be made until lvl98.

That is obviously a balance issue. Players should need not to be previously level 80 and now 98 to counter a level 8 weapon. That is quite evidently broken.

23 minutes ago, GobboKirk said:

Isn't this really just as much a club problem as a riot armor problem?

Not that I see any issue with having it in the 70s range or 80 for that matter.

It is a problem. A naked level 20 shouldnt be able to club out a lvl 80 in apprentice flak in 2 hits.

The whole point is that a lv 8 item has no counter until level 98. That is a club issue not a riot armor issue.

23 minutes ago, Kurbbie said:

Yes exactly. As of right now fighting a club is negligable for the person in armor since you get no bonus from armor against torpor.

Either nerf clubs, put riot in lvl 60 tier, or make fort actually work well. 40 points into fort and flak armor should stop a club in its tracks. It doesnt.

Completely agree.

At the very least they should add a degree of torpor protection for all armors so that we will miss riot less.

Also it's kinda dumb that you unlock it only 2 levels before you can unlock full tek. (Which ironically doesn't benefit from torpor protection AT ALL and you still get oneshot koed by a troodon or in a couple hits by a club)

Why dont you all complain about how a helmet (even flak) doesnt just make the club 100% useless.

I mean this.

Why the f--- were those knights all wearing that heavy A-- plate mail.

Didnt some fool warn them about naked savages with clubs?

While we are at it we better save the NFL some money. All their helmets are causing concusions.

Flak should protect against clubs and tranq arrows.

Riot should protect against Electric prods and tranq darts.

1 minute ago, Bramboxc123 said:

Why dont you all complain about how a helmet (even flak) doesnt just make the club 100% useless.

I mean this.

While we are at it we better save the NFL some money. All their helmets are causing concusions.

If some strong dude (300% melee) hit you on the head with a club when you was wearing a helmet it would still hurt like hell

3 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

If some strong dude (300% melee) hit you on the head with a club when you was wearing a helmet it would still hurt like hell

Tell that to a knight. Those guys didnt mess around. And they didnt get knocked out by a wooden stick either. 

Have you seen the balistic tests against warhammers?

You could swing a warhammer a lot harder than a club and it's steel. And still wouldn't penetrate the helmet.

A joust would give you wiplash but glance off your helmet and you could still dismount and kill the guy after such a blow as often happened.

You think hitting a guy with a tree trunk at 30mph right in the head is a little harder than hitting him with a stick?

Well as for the armor side of this conversation, I look to BP's as my savior. I never craft any weapon/armor without using a higher class BP so engrams are pretty much irrelevant to me. I do think its deflating if you were just about to unlock it and now its that much further away, but ask around I'm sure someone would let you use there BP. Heck Im gonna start offering out some of my JM high tier BP's because of this update. 

44 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

I mean this.

Flak should protect against clubs and tranq arrows.

Riot should protect against Electric prods and tranq darts.

I think you just proved your point wrong when you said NFL players still get concussions. A concussion is caused by the movement of your brain in your skull. You don't need to have your skull broken to have a concussion, the whiplash is what causes the damage.

I'm pretty sure knights kept fighting even after getting a concussion, some probably passed out on the battefield.  You can't keep fighting however if your skull was slashed in half.

But getting back to topic, yes the club is op, maybe if they introduced a metal club that would make more sense.

Archived