Fantastically Wandering Titans and Where to Find Them

Vladimir367

I would like to start this off by simply saying that I have stopped trying to understand Titans. On our server, my tribemate and I built a public mining facility with attached taming pen. It has 2 forges, 2 industrial grinders, 2 grills, 2 fabs, 2 smithies, 2 chem benches, fully irrigated and powered. It is all metal. It has vaults that I assign each tribe that would like to have personal storage there and has a transmitter inside for those that are able to use it. The perimeter walls are as tall as the behemoth gates. Safety for our community is paramount, thus we took precautions so that not only are their stored ankylos safe, as well as anything in their vaults, but that our investment into this build is protected as well.

In two days... We have had two titans parkour right over these walls. What's the point of putting up a perimeter if it doesn't work? Also, I tried to upload a screenshot of what I'm talking about but apparently the maximum size allowed for upload is less than what a steam taken screenshot is with higher end settings in the game so... That seems a little inconvenient, but oh well. There are no holes or gaps, just 4 behemoths built in a perfect square with 11 high walls all the way around. Anyone else have strange tales like this? Maybe ways they have found to prevent them from being able to apparently climb walls so high?

this happens quite often with creatures that big. before it happened with brontos etc.

i think the problem is rendering. when someone comes in the vicinity of the base it starts rendering dinos in the area first and the base later (this is also why sometimes dinos fall through ceilings/foundations.) the bigger the base the longer it takes for it to render in and seeing as you build with walls and not gates (if i read it correctly) there is a chance the titan renders first, starts walking over the place where your wall is and then the wall renders. but by then its to late and the titan will just glitch through? what has saved me in the past is building a second layer 5-10 foundations away from the first. by the time the titan (or other dino) has crossed the first wall the second wall will heve rendered in. ive had multiple brontos stuck in between my 2 walls like this even if they were 7 high.

Archived