A new way to raid ?

Mjsechrest

I was having a conversation with another tribe leader and I heard about an alpha tribe got raided by nothing but players no tames involved and they drained all the turrets. Supposedly they filled the server to max Capacity so no one could log in, then had 50+ players with nothing but ascendant wooden shields run at the base until all the bullets were gone. So each turret has 1200 max bullets , even if each person could drain 20 bullets each , that would take out almost a full turret worth of bullets in one suicide run and they could just run over and over which makes me think this is true. Has anyone else tried or heard of this method ?

9 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

I was having a conversation with another tribe leader and I heard about an alpha tribe got raided by nothing but players no tames involved and they drained all the turrets. Supposedly they filled the server to max Capacity so no one could log in, then had 50+ players with nothing but ascendant wooden shields run at the base until all the bullets were gone. So each turret has 1200 max bullets , even if each person could drain 20 bullets each , that would take out almost a full turret worth of bullets in one suicide run and they could just run over and over which makes me think this is true. Has anyone else tried or heard of this method ?

Why the hell didnt they just put 100 cannons down and pulverise the base defenses?

50 players? Operate 20 cannons with 30 guys as snipers and defenders...lol

This method sounds ignant.

50 players? Why not get tek cannons set up a tek force field and pulverise the alpha with tek cannons from inside your force field?

12 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

Why the hell didnt they just put 100 cannons down and pulverise the base defenses?

50 players? Why not get tek cannons set up a tek force field and pulverise the alpha with tek cannons from inside your force field?

Tek cannons ? I must be out of the loop 

4 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Tek cannons ? I must be out of the loop 

Well I saw it on Youtube and assumed they came out? But maybe that's a "future release" thing?

Regardless even regular cannons are op.

Only a shielded base would fend that off. Then it's just a matter of attrition who blinks first.

On topic. Why would they choose THAT route when others would be better? 

I figure ascendant wooden shields would be a pain to craft over and over to farm mats so unless theyfelt they couldnt get enough mats for other things?

1 minute ago, Bramboxc123 said:

Well I saw it on Youtube and assumed they came out? But maybe that's a "future release" thing?

Regardless even regular cannons are op.

Only a shielded base would fend that off. Then it's just a matter of attrition who blinks first.

On topic. Why would they choose THAT route when others would be better? 

I have no idea why they would pick this method other than that it takes basically 0 resources to drain someone's entire base (although takes a good while longer this way I'm sure). Yeah I think tek cannons are part of a mod I looked them up. Regular cannons would work too you're right , I just think of how easy it would be to run a beaver around and make hundreds of Asc shields and then just suiciding over and over until , although to be honest they could have just overrun the base I don't think turrets could shoot that many people at once and it would be lag fest to say the least 

4 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

I have no idea why they would pick this method other than that it takes basically 0 resources to drain someone's entire base (although takes a good while longer this way I'm sure). Yeah I think tek cannons are part of a mod I looked them up. Regular cannons would work too you're right , I just think of how easy it would be to run a beaver around and make hundreds of Asc shields and then just suiciding over and over until , although to be honest they could have just overrun the base I don't think turrets could shoot that many people at once and it would be lag fest to say the least 

Yep i looked into this further.

Didnt realize the resource mod was only 3.5x

Cheap.

Seems a legit way to bullet drain. Basically the cost of a 2 wood foundations.

2 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

seems workable, but needs numbers and time.

4 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

Hmmmm, I play officials and have never heard of an attempt like that, the most I have heard/seen is a few people taking riot shields and taking out entire cave bases due to it bieng 6x damage. That would be the closest thing that I have heard/seen. Most of the time it is war but then again there are always cheaters who aim bot, DDOS servers, Roll back servers by dropping them or dupe items or attack bases under the mesh of the game. Now those are the real BS that makes me think "why are you even playing" like seriously. lol

i recently saw a snow cave raid. dudes were dying for a better k-mode angle until eventually the dead bodies stacked up enough for them to crawl inside. turrets reacted to the enemy but only hit the flesh on the ground. needless to say, things were drained that day. seemed accidental though, not a deliberate act. so yeah, no real sorcery needed until it's time to breach.

13 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

i recently saw a snow cave raid. dudes were dying for a better k-mode angle until eventually the dead bodies stacked up enough for them to crawl inside. turrets reacted to the enemy but only hit the flesh on the ground. needless to say, things were drained that day. seemed accidental though, not a deliberate act. so yeah, no real sorcery needed until it's time to breach.

So if the bodies pile up too high autos can't shoot you lol. Sounds crazy 

53 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

tried to back my claims with a video so here you have it. still open as to whether it was intentional or not.

lol, isnt that the cave with like 3 spots where you unintentionally glitch into the wall?, i could swear i saw a video of someone who got raided in there by guys popping in inside his base, completely circumventing the defenses,

5 minutes ago, rawsh said:

lol, isnt that the cave with like 3 spots where you unintentionally glitch into the wall?, i could swear i saw a video of someone who got raided in there by guys popping in inside his base, completely circumventing the defenses,

Players shouldn't be allowed to build in caves like that because without the use of glitches/exploits its virtually impossible to get past certain spots if the other tribe knows how to place auto turrets well. You can't get any dinos in to tank apart from dilos and dodos.

It's really broken, its like a PVE safe space cave. Conan Exiles has/had a similar issue with all the tribes on the servers resorting to building on unreachable and therefore unraidable cliff bases. End result was PVP servers that became PVE. This could happen with ARK if the devs don't fix these caves so that bases built inside can be adequately raidable.

30 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

Players shouldn't be allowed to build in caves like that because without the use of glitches/exploits its virtually impossible to get past certain spots if the other tribe knows how to place auto turrets well. You can't get any dinos in to tank apart from dilos and dodos.

"Your companion XXX level 150 was killed"  <yes, very clearly on official

Yup, used to be a thing with some chinese tribes early in the game. This was before turrets became so easy to spam. No shileds, just fresh spawns running at turrets in mumbers :D I have used the shield method in a cave where the enemy had embedded the turrets inside the walls, so there was not really a lot of other option. (sort of)

Just a little aside for those that like a giggle. Check out some of the youtube cave raid videos and if you know the cave accesses prepare to be amazed at the direction they are coming into the cave from ;) 

20 hours ago, Bramboxc123 said:

What in the heck are you talking about? 

Archived