2 Gigas spawned inside my base.

skeeta

Hey all. 

I logged on last night and immediately started bouncing to the sound of heavy footsteps. Confused, I jumped on a bird and headed out to find that either all my tames had transmogrified into a pair of Gigas or they'd spawned inside my base. 

My initial thought was they'd been kited in again but my new walls were undamaged and the defensive flaws of my old walls have all been plugged. There's literally no way for them to get in without chomping their way through. Yes they could have been dropped from a quetz but the only tribe who could or would do that denied all knowledge and they're never shy in letting the server know if they decide to wipe someone so I tend to believe them. 

So it looks like they have to have spawned inside my walls. If my base was massive I wouldn't mind so much but it's not that big really. No rocks respawned in there after the first time I harvested them and very few plants grow back. Also I've never seen a single wild giga in that area in the 3 months I've lived there. What do I have to do to get rid of the spawn points? Just drop random foundations? 

After checking my taming locker I worked out I didn't have enough narcos to tame them both so I killed one and tamed the other so that's a first for me at least but the twenty odd percent melee is laughable and stupid. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Samammo said:

Fill the area with foundations.

and 20% Melee is still good on a giga. They have base damage of 600 so 20% Melee means that they will still be doing around 120 damage. Which is double that of a rex with 100% Melee...

Didn't want to fill it with foundations. I like the dino paddock. But, needs must I guess. I'll have to lose some aesthetics for security. 

20% may be good compared to other breeds but it's no defence against other wild Gigas and that's really all I'd ever want one for. I tamed this one because it was easily done in safety but until last night I'd had no desire to do so. 

Ok, just logged on and guess what. My lone giga was killed by a giga. Guess they really did lie last night and they're air dropping. 

I've just put a want ad up in the xbox trading forum for a giga high enough to take out any wilds it meets. There's no point me taming anything else until I can protect them. I can't even get my base giga proof until I can do that. 

Of you're playing pve prim+ and have a good one for sale then please, find my ad and we'll do a deal. 

Cheers guys. 

Just now, Lockjaw said:

You should get together with others on your server and drop Gigas into their base. And not stop until they're completely wiped.

They have lots of bases and they're already fully enclosed. There's nothing on display for a giga to agro on. That's what I'm trying to do but they won't now allow us to do that. So soon as you tame some decent utility dinos they wipe you. 

I could do it slowly with hand tools but that'll take months. 

1 minute ago, Ulta said:

Dang dude, sorry to here people are being pricks to you. My luck goes with you in dealing with them =) If I had my own giga's to sell, I would.

Cheers dude. The support is appreciated. 

Question, is a tree house too high for a giga to reach? I have the mats for one. 

4 minutes ago, Sphere said:

I'm trying to figure out how somebody air drops a wild giga into a fortified base on PvE.

Last I checked, you needed to use a rock or structure to propel the giga into the air. You cannot simply carry the giga into the target structure.

Personally I don't really know but I've read enough about it to know they can glitch a wild giga onto a quetz. 

I've checked and rechecked the walls and can't see anywhere anything can stand a chance of getting in without breaking it. 

1 hour ago, skeeta said:

They have lots of bases and they're already fully enclosed. There's nothing on display for a giga to agro on. That's what I'm trying to do but they won't now allow us to do that. So soon as you tame some decent utility dinos they wipe you. 

I could do it slowly with hand tools but that'll take months. 

Cheers dude. The support is appreciated. 

Question, is a tree house too high for a giga to reach? I have the mats for one. 

Last I checked, I know the top-most part of a redwood tree is too high for a Giga. The lower part might still be but I'm leaning more on the side of no it can't.

FYI its totally possible to get a Wild giga on a quetz basically they built a platform of ceilings on pillars and used fence foundation layering trick to make a square box agro the giga of a cliff or steep hill onto the back of the quetz, if you fly carefully the giga just slides round on the quetz or like moonwalks lol it will try to bite but cant hit the quetz. When they want to drop it they repeatedly hit the land button and the giga will fall.

I could see maybe one giga spawn, but to have two in your base? Someone must've air dropped them. I've seen someone do the giga on the quetz trick. If they're patient enough and hate you enough it's easy. They could possibly lose the quetz in the process... but if they don't then it's game on. To avoid this, you'd have to have a metal base and to build a 10 foundation deep box to encase your base and dinos, I forgot how high up they can reach. Sorry this happened to you. Hope you can giga proof before it occurs again.

So, someone's just replied to my want ad. He says you can't kill a giga with a giga and that you have to knock it out to kill it. 

Is that true? Are wild ones that OP? The one I tamed 2 days ago had 102% melee on knockout and tamed out at about 20% but there's people on the forum selling 260% + Gigas and eggs. Why wouldn't that rofl stomp a wild one? 

5 hours ago, MrGhosty said:

what's the elevation like outside of your base? I've seen a giga come off a slightly higher elevation of a hill and step right over the top of a behemoth gate. Experienced tribes can kite stuff almost exactly where they want so if they've found a decent bit of land for launching that might do it.

I thought that had happened the first time so I've built new walls now that make that impossible. 

40 minutes ago, skeeta said:

So, someone's just replied to my want ad. He says you can't kill a giga with a giga and that you have to knock it out to kill it. 

Is that true? Are wild ones that OP? The one I tamed 2 days ago had 102% melee on knockout and tamed out at about 20% but there's people on the forum selling 260% + Gigas and eggs. Why wouldn't that rofl stomp a wild one? 

I thought that had happened the first time so I've built new walls now that make that impossible. 

A tame one can win, but only if it's imprinted and has a good saddle. The reason being because of the wild Giga's Gnashed bleed effect which drains 1% of your health every second, and also because of the wild Giga's 80,000 health.

Are there Titanosaurs on your server? If so you could probably kite that to their bases for some serious carnage.

Archived