New feature coming in v258

GP

1 minute ago, thedogowl said:

We were chuckling about how the Dynamic length bridge got relegated from next patch to in the future and now we'd basically forgotten all about it just the other day lol!

I wish I could forget about it. But it is still there in the ''upcoming features''. So every patch I have hope it moved up, then I see it in that section and wish it would just be removed completely. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/17/2017 at 2:16 PM, Drugged Kaddy said:

We need water boss arena with ships :D

Imagine that! I'd love it. 

I can already picture it now... 10 players on 10 rafts kitted out in auto turrets, cannons, ballistas, turret guns, etc - blasting the heck out of a giant sea creature which will damage your rafts and structures (slowly) and randomly target a raft to sink it, while its minions flood the waters and.... this could also fit into the idea of higher quality rafts which I saw on Game Suggestions. Basically rafts which could be Ramshackle, Apprentice, etc - with more health and speed(?). Ideas, ideas.... 

As much as I use the various bridge mods now, they do take a few shortcuts that we would frown on if the developers used those same shortcuts as part of vanilla ARK.

Currently most dynamic bridge mods don't allow you to simply make a bridge wider, or longer... instead they make the overall bridge bigger (in all dimensions).  This causes a number of issues, including texture issues, when making very large bridges.

Some of the more recent bridge mods allow more specific controls over length and width (the ability to adjust them separately) but they still end up making the overall bridge larger in most dimensions to achieve that end... or they have pretty strict caps on the max sizes attainable.

Don't get me wrong, they are incredibly handy... but the development team is likely going to want to come up with something more polished to officially include in the game.

20 hours ago, Hypsy said:

Mind.. Blown.. O.o

It would have to consume resources on placement like other games for something like that to work though.

Basically this could be done with several structures, e. g. ceilings, walls, etc.

Just define the base unit (=smalles size piece), and let the player assemble arbitrary large units out of them, of course multiplying the costs.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, zrockfield said:

Definitely a pooper scooper a person on twitter named Kotoku (verified) posted something saying there sure is a lot of poop in ark! 

It's not a pooper scooper, it's a toilet. Here's the article. http://kotaku.com/the-many-kinds-of-poop-in-ark-survival-evolved-1795315471

Archived