How to be: UNRAIDABLE

Bramboxc123

3 hours ago, Melcreif said:

So I'm playing on a dedicated server currently and our admin setup a Loot base covered in turrets.  I brought in a raft, cannon and about 22 cannonballs which aint cheap.  After trial and error aiming that sucker I managed to hit and do about 300 damage to ONE turret.  What gives? How can you be effective with these against turrets???

I dont know how you arent? Ive leveled defenses with them on official. And have had mine equally destroyed by them.

Also hit downline. Fire long wise across a line of turrets.

Not broadside. (Perpendicular)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

I dont know how you arent? Ive leveled defenses with them on official. And have had mine equally destroyed by them.

Also hit downline. Fire long wise across a line of turrets.

Not broadside. (Perpendicular)

Ok thanks for the tip!  I didn't try that approach but it makes alot of sense.  The base we are trying to hit basically takes up an entire island on the center with metal behemoth gates surrounding it.  We decided to make a wooden raft, cannon, and 22 cannonballs in the inventory of our quetzal the other day for easy transport.  We took down one of the walls and started the barrage from the water.  We also tried tanking turtles from one angle while shooting rockets from another but that effort failed as well so we were hoping the cannon would have the magic touch.  We won't give up on it just yet :-)...

11 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Ok thanks for the tip!  I didn't try that approach but it makes alot of sense.  The base we are trying to hit basically takes up an entire island on the center with metal behemoth gates surrounding it.  We decided to make a wooden raft, cannon, and 22 cannonballs in the inventory of our quetzal the other day for easy transport.  We took down one of the walls and started the barrage from the water.  We also tried tanking turtles from one angle while shooting rockets from another but that effort failed as well so we were hoping the cannon would have the magic touch.  We won't give up on it just yet :-)...

Cannons should Only be used on turrets not structures (unless you can hit electrical infrastructure).

Practice with ballista its mechanics are similar.

Create blind spots with cannon then exploit with cheaper easier methods.

Problem with defense is it's usually 100% or 0%.

Rarely is everything covering everything else.

so once you open a blind spot the whole dominoes comes down.

Set up auto turrets of your own to protect your cannon position so any pvp isnt as hectic. Aiming is hard enough without fending off counter attacks.

1 minute ago, Bramboxc123 said:

Cannons should Only be used on turrets not structures (unless you can hit electrical infrastructure).

Practice with ballista its mechanics are similar.

Create blind spots with cannon then exploit with cheaper easier methods.

Problem with defense is it's usually 100% or 0%.

Rarely is everything covering everything else.

so once you open a blind spot the whole dominoes comes down.

Set up auto turrets of your own to protect your cannon position so any pvp isnt as hectic.

Thanks! As far as the last part setting up auto-turrets, the admin is on the east coast so we raid him when he's offline LOL

On 5/18/2017 at 0:26 AM, johnm81 said:

Utilize stim berries and you can kill troodons for days esp if you are in chitin+ armor. This play style is more about problem solving than anything else. There is a solution to every problem. Finding it is the struggle.

Troodon venom ignores armor. We've tested high level troodons vs ascendant riot and the knockout time is identical.

There's a lot of useful information in this post. I can't say I agree with all of it, particularly the absolute lack of tames.

On 5/20/2017 at 3:52 PM, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Troodon venom ignores armor. We've tested high level troodons vs ascendant riot and the knockout time is identical.

There's a lot of useful information in this post. I can't say I agree with all of it, particularly the absolute lack of tames.

I'm going to take a guess and say you do this with absolutely no tames.  If you just tame a Pteri and that's it you're in great shape IMO.

I like this thread, I am trying to do the same myself. I am level 70 always been alone on a pvp server. Got raided a couple of times, so now I am not rebuilding on purpose. I live in my destroyed base with a couple of hidden boxes. If you scout the base from the sky, it looks like a totally wasted base so its not worth even landing there. In the meantime I am preparing a second base somewhere else.

What I've tried so far, but did not work: metal little base with spiked metal walls, armored xplants on pillars and refertilized all the trees. Was raided by chalicos two times. I've tamed a ptero, a phiomia for the crap and a dungbeetle for the fertilizer. Had 14 or more xplants but was not enough to protect me.

Guerrilla Trolling question: if I snipe the tame during the taming process, they don't know who killed it, correct? :D

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

I was not aware of that. That means the stim berries are more effective than I thought. 

8 hours ago, ken81 said:

I like this thread, I am trying to do the same myself. I am level 70 always been alone on a pvp server. Got raided a couple of times, so now I am not rebuilding on purpose. I live in my destroyed base with a couple of hidden boxes. If you scout the base from the sky, it looks like a totally wasted base so its not worth even landing there. In the meantime I am preparing a second base somewhere else.

What I've tried so far, but did not work: metal little base with spiked metal walls, armored xplants on pillars and refertilized all the trees. Was raided by chalicos two times. I've tamed a ptero, a phiomia for the crap and a dungbeetle for the fertilizer. Had 14 or more xplants but was not enough to protect me.

Guerrilla Trolling question: if I snipe the tame during the taming process, they don't know who killed it, correct? :D

I'm pretty sure they don't know because it is still a wild dino u don't see when a rex or something comes up and kills ur animal do u

On May 16, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Bramboxc123 said:

Actually mathematically it's quicker to get materials by hand than by quetz/anky.

Again it depends on what you're paying for.

If you need 100,000 metal to build a base then no. But if you need 1,000 metal for lolz then yes.

However you do it the first rule is keep your assets hidden.

To the guy about brontos. My point was you can do massive damage solo. Not that brontos are a big score. They just have tons of health.

You don't need a giga to do massive damage. Don't even need rockets or tek gear.

Just creativity.

Oh if you want to hide your dodo assets just put them in a tribe and keep them in a remote area. Form a tribe tribe owned and leave the tribe should mask the pen or hut from being yours.

A pin code on the door will let you in.

This way you can keep dodos for a while and people wont suspect they are YOUR dodos and kill them on sight if youre "most wanted".

I'm not going to address any other of your points , but mining metal by hand even with 800 melee and ascendant pick is just not as fast as an anky and quetz , unless that anky and quetz were level 5's. A bred anky and high weight quetz can hit for 250 metal per node and can hold 12-15k raw metal maybe more and can be done. That's only 60 metal nodes for 7500 ingots. 

14 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

I'm not going to address any other of your points , but mining metal by hand even with 800 melee and ascendant pick is just not as fast as an anky and quetz , unless that anky and quetz were level 5's. A bred anky and high weight quetz can hit for 250 metal per node and can hold 12-15k raw metal maybe more and can be done. That's only 60 metal nodes for 7500 ingots. 

Im going to make a thread on THIS one thing. Cuz you're flat wrong.

5 minutes ago, Bramboxc123 said:

This isnt a popularity contest. Dont care what you like or dislike about my posting.

I more or less meant we don't need any more threads about how you see fit the best way to farm metal. You really only need one thread for that, and it seems that the admins agree with me. 

Look, maybe for YOU this is the most creative way and most fun way to farm metal. It's not for everyone, but you're pushing this like IT NEEDS TO BE DONE EVERYONE OMG DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Just chill, man. People play how they want to play.

13 minutes ago, WCusesDialUpServers said:

I more or less meant we don't need any more threads about how you see fit the best way to farm metal. You really only need one thread for that, and it seems that the admins agree with me. 

Look, maybe for YOU this is the most creative way and most fun way to farm metal. It's not for everyone, but you're pushing this like IT NEEDS TO BE DONE EVERYONE OMG DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Just chill, man. People play how they want to play.

Wow talk about a case of projecting what you are doing by commanding him not to post on to him...

Many of us like this thread if you dont then dont read the OPs posts.

Archived