How to be: UNRAIDABLE

Bramboxc123

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, WCusesDialUpServers said:

I more or less meant we don't need any more threads about how you see fit the best way to farm metal. You really only need one thread for that, and it seems that the admins agree with me. 

Look, maybe for YOU this is the most creative way and most fun way to farm metal. It's not for everyone, but you're pushing this like IT NEEDS TO BE DONE EVERYONE OMG DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Just chill, man. People play how they want to play.

Well he's not really trying to push it onto people, he's simply disputing it when you (or people with similar views) argue against his ideologys, honestly he didn't start it.... thanks

LAD

• 6 months later...

I will Necro this decent thread. 

I have a similar play style except tons of tames but the risk is much lower since you get perma-ban if you purposely kill a passive tame except if it has high weight(storage) or something.

I like cave builds but the 6x makes it useless to store anything there. The only way a cave work is if you can build outside the door where it is not 6x but then its easily discovered. 

I make mock bases for my tames and mock towers for people to attack then there is nothing inside. While I prefer to stash my loot somewhere under a glitched rock in foundations  I've found the perfect hidden base which is not 6x .

A certain bridge. No turrets outside since it will give away the position. Adobe outside layer painted grey to blend in with the bridge. The base looks like part of the bridge. No windows or hatches below. Inside you have metal and turrets in the cavity between adobe and metal. My loot is not even stashed there but I want to see if anyone will ever find this base

20171201_034011_zpsacdd9ca4.jpg

On 5/18/2017 at 9:37 AM, BobRoss said:

i understand that you can cause alot of damage this way but what do you GAIN at the end of the day? 

you're just pissing off entire servers so building up seems out of the question. Or are you just trying to piss as many people off as possible?

That's your way of thinking about it? What do you think the so call "Alpha's" on servers think about it? Are they destroying everyone else's things because they need the resources?

NOPE, they are doing it for the same reasons you are questioning more often than not.

And what is wrong if this does piss off the server full of Alpha alliances?

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎17 at 4:02 AM, Quirky said:

I don't think you understood at all. He has raided, and very successfully. He doesn't get wiped, cause he has bases hidden all over the place, all of them throwaways. So it doesn't matter if any get found, or even all of them. He doesn't build turrets, he makes small builds that are hidden, like on the ceiling of caves. Unobtrusive and out of the way. Having buildings wiped is not a big deal cause he doesn't have stockpiles of stuff like you are used to. Just enough to build what he needs as he goes.

I doubt he has raided "very successfully".... killing bob 10x10 bases anyone can do wether they have a base or not, and killing tames from big tribes means literally nothing unless you kill their breeder dino, which is sheltered if they are smart...  I have a base, I can farm 20k metal in 20mins.... he can farm his 20 c4 in an hour, I can farm 500 in half an hour, and I will have a high quality saddled high hp stego to raid with.... who do you think is going to do more dmg to a base? 85% of the things he is suggesting as his secret tips that no one knows about, are blatantly obvious to any pvper and most of us learned within 2 weeks of playing this game.... playing solo is fun, ive done it, but it is 100x less effective.... what you suggest works for unofficials, but when there is clustered maps, you just go build on one server and raid on a different server, its really simple.

edit: when I say, I doubt he has raided "very successfully", by that I mean its a matter of perspective, some people would see raiding a 4x4 with 12 turrets a success, and others would see only completely wiping 3of4 main bases off a server as a mediocre success if not a failiure.

also, @Bramboxc123

double edit: I can 99.999999% guarantee that you don't use better gear than I do.

On 12/8/2017 at 4:29 PM, johnm81 said:

Interesting @Sorca. And you found a hook point for a pillar to hang the base off of or was there a lip somewhere to put a foundation?

Hey man.. Well this is an unofficial server. So perhaps cause of No clipping and the fact that you can stack foundations it is the only reason I could do it. I'm not 100% sure on official servers. 

A the back of this bridge theres a small rock ledge where I can place foundations. Funny enough I can place foundations under the bridge as well. so this gave me two snap points for walls. People cannot even see the top foundations since they clip under the bridge so they can destroy all my bottom foundations ( at the back) and the base will still hang. Obviously I had to build up from the top foundations to be able to take the wall down.

The funny thing is if a structure clip to far into the bridge i cannot get option for it. It's as if it forms part of the bridge so I wonder if it could even be destroyed.. I could try and test this on an official server as well but perhaps it wont clip that well. Still the rock ledge should provide  support for foundations/pillars. 

The thing about this base is I use the plateau above for breeding so people assume that is my base. On the opposite side of this plateau and underneath it is a  double entranced  cave which I also blocked of and use as smelting area and store some dinos there. So I control that whole plateau as one person and since no one is allowed to kill my passives on this server my breeding pen is somewhat safe.                                      

I want to try and use double foundations since the weakest point is the ceilings which is single ceilings obviously with various floors/ stages.  Bottom floor is adobe to blend in with tons of Dimorphons (spelling) and scorpions, anything that can fit.

On the opposite side of the bridge i have a spawn bunker wit ha sniper and some stuff in case I die or need to defend my base from the outside. This bunker is on the opposite side of the broken bridge.

IF my base do get discovered I already drawn plans to surround that whole ground under the bridge with pillars and defend it. with plants below and turrets above with hatch frames. So i am saving materials for this but for now I try to keep it hidden and camouflaged.

Ark plateau.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Archived