Prepping for bosses

BobRoss

2 hours ago, GobboKirk said:

That depends on the un-official server settings, a lot of them run it with same settings as officials.

From what I've read the devs said the bosses on official are harder than non official even if its the same settings as official. They're supposed to have higher health and damage output than if you host your own server. I wish I could remember where I read this at, but it was multiple sources. I'll link to them later after I find them.

I have no clue how my tribe is able to beat the manticore on hard in under 10 minutes. I will find out and I will let people know. As long as it is not a cheat. I will not associate myself with that, but if it is legit I will let you know.

how in the heck did gigas get to 395 melee? Even though that is cool that is still part of the reason why I went to no tame. 

Breeding gets crazy. Last time I rode a bird it was 450% MS I hopped right off and said "nope, this is bull poop" breeding got out of hand.

i have no clue if it was 100% imprinted but if that giga was can you imagine what a 100% imprint giga could have when the rider is on it? 

Believe me, I have been in plenty of big tribes but there is a very specific reason why I liked to stay small. Oh well time to take down all of the alphas I have always talked about disliking.

dont worry, I will not turn into them no matter what. I have a specific list and if the others want to take down people that are not on the list I will not take part in it. That I promise

16 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

For brood I feel the stats are important to have, especially hp. We use a tank rex to distract it while we whip our horde to untangle it. Last time we did it, I got killed on the spawnpoint because the tank was stuck while I was trying to whip it, and the brood charged us. We still won though.

The problem is, it can 2,3-shot any rex with it's spit. Which it absolutely adores to spam, and does around 2k per slap with good saddles on. The good stats are useful in case you have to take a few hits, for example if the minions slow you down before you get a chance to pin it, in which case you will have to slowmo walk to it and take tons of damage.

I believe the spit is actually %hp damage and if that is the case then his logic is sound in that hp is less important as raw dps because a 15k hp Rex will die to the acid spit as quickly as a 50k hp rex in theory, but the 15k Rexes will deal more damage in less time to kill it first ideally.

6 hours ago, DeZiLL313 said:

From what I've read the devs said the bosses on official are harder than non official even if its the same settings as official. They're supposed to have higher health and damage output than if you host your own server. I wish I could remember where I read this at, but it was multiple sources. I'll link to them later after I find them.

That's in regards to single player worlds where bosses have 67% reduced damage reduction and deal 67% less damage.

Also surprised there is no talk of using those fancy new Daeodons as even the devs seemed to imply on its release that it's balanced with boss fighting as one of its best uses in mind.

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

I have no clue how my tribe is able to beat the manticore on hard in under 10 minutes. I will find out and I will let people know. As long as it is not a cheat. I will not associate myself with that, but if it is legit I will let you know.

how in the heck did gigas get to 395 melee? Even though that is cool that is still part of the reason why I went to no tame. 

Breeding gets crazy. Last time I rode a bird it was 450% MS I hopped right off and said "nope, this is bull poop" breeding got out of hand.

i have no clue if it was 100% imprinted but if that giga was can you imagine what a 100% imprint giga could have when the rider is on it? 

Believe me, I have been in plenty of big tribes but there is a very specific reason why I liked to stay small. Oh well time to take down all of the alphas I have always talked about disliking.

dont worry, I will not turn into them no matter what. I have a specific list and if the others want to take down people that are not on the list I will not take part in it. That I promise

Manticore is either with a flock of lightning wyverns or a quetz with a minigun turret,  i heard it was pretty easy to outfly the manticore in height and own it with bullets, 

if your tribe has one of the rare 195% gig stats, 400 is reachable with 100% imprint, and ive seen even higher basedmg by now actually, and thats before the riderbonus is added, 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh908 said:

Also surprised there is no talk of using those fancy new Daeodons as even the devs seemed to imply on its release that it's balanced with boss fighting as one of its best uses in mind.

I guess most people dont have realy good breeds by now.

Another problem is that you need to ride it currently. The passive heal is not very reliable. It will not start healing or just stopps healing even if it has food left. I am testing them but i havnt got meaningfull results at this time. Still breeding them for more health and food.

1 hour ago, Thorium said:

I guess most people dont have realy good breeds by now.

Another problem is that you need to ride it currently. The passive heal is not very reliable. It will not start healing or just stopps healing even if it has food left. I am testing them but i havnt got meaningfull results at this time. Still breeding them for more health and food.

Lack of breeds and lack of good saddles I guess. But as the animal for you to ride they could be worth looking into for sure.

2 hours ago, GobboKirk said:

Lack of breeds and lack of good saddles I guess. But as the animal for you to ride they could be worth looking into for sure.

hm might also be lack of confidence, cause once you have that rexarmy you have to take the step to risk it all, and with some arenas STILL bugging regularly its a gamble, 

7 hours ago, GobboKirk said:

No worries, giving tips from un official can be a bit iffy though. So its worth keeping in mind in these threads either way.

I mainly play official. Ive been on multiple unofficials, but being on xbox, they don't stay up long enough to get to the boss fights or make much use of the tek anyways, so I never even bother. 

I beat the easy brood on official np, but lost due to the ball of rexes spawning in when I attempted medium. Spent the past month re raising an army of rexs born with 14.5k health and 420ish melee, just trying to breed in this 2600 stamina (helps alot in the endurance of boss fights)

Best armor I have is a journeymen with 79 armor. An alliance member has an ascendant bp, but the armor is only 90 something yet the cost is 4 times that of the journeymen. Ill probably make a few though, expecially for the harder fights.

4 hours ago, DeZiLL313 said:

I mainly play official. Ive been on multiple unofficials, but being on xbox, they don't stay up long enough to get to the boss fights or make much use of the tek anyways, so I never even bother. 

I beat the easy brood on official np, but lost due to the ball of rexes spawning in when I attempted medium. Spent the past month re raising an army of rexs born with 14.5k health and 420ish melee, just trying to breed in this 2600 stamina (helps alot in the endurance of boss fights)

Best armor I have is a journeymen with 79 armor. An alliance member has an ascendant bp, but the armor is only 90 something yet the cost is 4 times that of the journeymen. Ill probably make a few though, expecially for the harder fights.

That's a damn solid set of stats for official rexes though :)
And yeah saddles can be iffy, we got 79 and 83 MC saddle BPs at the moment, hunting for something 100+.
Did get an AC drop, 80 armor and twice the cost of the 83 MC....

34 minutes ago, GobboKirk said:

That's a damn solid set of stats for official rexes though :)
And yeah saddles can be iffy, we got 79 and 83 MC saddle BPs at the moment, hunting for something 100+.
Did get an AC drop, 80 armor and twice the cost of the 83 MC....

Thanks.

Yeah those rexs are the result of basically everyone on the server putting their best rexes together. Once I breed this stamina in and get a garunteed male and female, these rexes will be popping out at over level 300, plus one of the allies down a rex the other day with around 440 melee, cant wait to breed that in.

And it sure is funny how much more something costs due to the armor tier even though it has less armor than the teir below it.

Archived