What is a perfect tame?

Psych0P3nguin

• Volunteer Moderator

Basically by getting 100% taming effectiveness. For example if you tame a 150 Rex and feed it Scorpion Kibble you'll get maximum effectiveness (as long as it doesn't get injured during taming) and will get maximum levels. It will come out as a lvl 221 I think.

So basically you need to make sure you tranq the dino with the right number of arrows and don't shoot it as it passes out as that hit will effect the effectiveness. Feed it it's preferred food, keep it safe from other wild dinos/players and it should get the highest effectiveness it can which would be around 95-100%.

40 minutes ago, GP said:

Basically by getting 100% taming effectiveness. For example if you tame a 150 Rex and feed it Scorpion Kibble you'll get maximum effectiveness (as long as it doesn't get injured during taming) and will get maximum levels. It will come out as a lvl 221 I think.

224 is the perfect level. ;) A perfect tame could be any level, but the taming effectiveness has to be the highest you can get. For a level 30 a perfect tame will come out at 44, for a level 150 it is 224. But this doesn't count for all creatures. Scorpions and Spiders will never get (close to) 100% effectiveness, because they have no kibble. Best I could get for a 150 scorpion on my x5 server is lvl 221...

10 minutes ago, Thorium said:

Yeah, it just means it is tamed with perfect taming efficiency. It can still be a poopty tame, like most of the points went in food or something. A perfect tame isnt necessarily a good tame. Thats why i dont use the term at all. The level of the dino doesnt matters, the stats matter.

The level of the Dino almost always correlates in to good stats.

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

The level of the Dino almost always correlates in to good stats.

No it doesnt. A high level means it's potentialy better than a lower level. But it doesnt have to be better. It's not almost allways. I tamed a lot lvl 120's (120 beeing max level on our server) i killed right after the tame because they had worse stats than a level 100. Especialy if you want to breed, you are searching for dinos with only one high stat. If you just tame 2 120s and breed them without looking if they have your desired stats, chances are you get a very bad breed.

Just now, Thorium said:

No it doesnt. A high level means it's potentialy better than a lower level. But it doesnt have to be better. It's not almost allways. I tamed a lot lvl 120's (120 beeing max level on our server) i killed right after the tame because they had worse stats than a level 100. Especialy if you want to breed, you are searching for dinos with only one high stat. If you just tame 2 120s and breed them, chances are you get a very bad breed.

Yes, it does. Not sure what you're doing wrong. I'm guessing it's either that you aren't using a stat calculator or you're using a bad one.

A Level 100 will gain 49 Levels at 100% Taming Efficiency for a Lv.149 Tame. Most Dinos waste ~22-28 points in Movement Speed, excluding Birds.
A Level 120 will gain 59 Levels at 100% Taming Efficiency for a Lv.179 Tame. That's a 30 point advantage spread across it's stats.

Yes, a 120 can end up with a stat or two being worse than a 100, but that's rare. If it does happen, it's only one stat that ended up with a low attribution. Personally, I have no idea why you're still stuck on the 120 thing... there's literally a button to make it 150s even on Dedis. If you're using Lv.100 tames to breed then you're severely gimping your bloodline, and trying to claim that level doesn't correlate in to stats is just plain ignorant. You're disregarding a 20 Wild Point and 30 Tame Point for a total of a 50 Point disadvantage that your Lv.100 tame has against a Lv.120.

There's also the fact that a Lv.120 tame with 100% Efficiency will have all of it's stats increase more per assigned level than the Lv.100.

5 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

224 is the perfect level. ;) A perfect tame could be any level, but the taming effectiveness has to be the highest you can get. For a level 30 a perfect tame will come out at 44, for a level 150 it is 224. But this doesn't count for all creatures. Scorpions and Spiders will never get (close to) 100% effectiveness, because they have no kibble. Best I could get for a 150 scorpion on my x5 server is lvl 221...

That is not always the case, a dino that requires high number of kibble will have a lesser taming effectiveness.

Exemple:

A150 Quetz on normal rate takes 65 kibble to tame, with a max level of 219(not including evo event)

A 150 frog requires 17 kibble and will tame to 224, again on normal rates.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yes, it does. Not sure what you're doing wrong. I'm guessing it's either that you aren't using a stat calculator or you're using a bad one.

A Level 100 will gain 49 Levels at 100% Taming Efficiency for a Lv.149 Tame. Most Dinos waste ~22-28 points in Movement Speed, excluding Birds.
A Level 120 will gain 59 Levels at 100% Taming Efficiency for a Lv.179 Tame. That's a 30 point advantage spread across it's stats.

Yes, a 120 can end up with a stat or two being worse than a 100, but that's rare. If it does happen, it's only one stat that ended up with a low attribution. Personally, I have no idea why you're still stuck on the 120 thing... there's literally a button to make it 150s even on Dedis. If you're using Lv.100 tames to breed then you're severely gimping your bloodline, and trying to claim that level doesn't correlate in to stats is just plain ignorant. You're disregarding a 20 Wild Point and 30 Tame Point for a total of a 50 Point disadvantage that your Lv.100 tame has against a Lv.120.

There's also the fact that a Lv.120 tame with 100% Efficiency will have all of it's stats increase more per assigned level than the Lv.100.

it could be thats he is specifically looking for 1 stat to increase on and therefor mentioned that even a 100 can have better points into that stat than a lvl 120. these ocasions are rare ofcourse but can happen :) 

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

I am doing nothing wrong. I dont care how many points are spread across it's stats. I only care how many points are in one specific stat per dino. The chance on a high level is higher, right. But as i am searching for low probabilities anyway i often end up finding awesome tames that are lower than 120. Of course a level 4 can't be better.

Also the increase of the stats by effeciency is irrelevant for breeding, because breeding allways takes the stats as if the parents would be tamed with 100% efficiency.

Our 331% damage therizino was a level 112 for example.

4 minutes ago, Thorium said:

I am doing nothing wrong. I dont care how many points are spread across it's stats. I only care how many points are in one specific stat per dino. The chance on a high level is higher, right. But as i am searching for low probabilities anyway i often end up finding awesome tames that are lower than 120. Of course a level 4 can't be better.

Also the increase of the stats by effeciency is irrelevant for breeding, because breeding allways takes the stats as if the parents would be tamed with 100% efficiency.

Our 331% damage therizino was a level 112 for example.

No it does not, breeding takes into account the stats after tame, it doesn't invent random level based on a taming effectiveness you didn't achieve.

8 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

No it does not, breeding takes into account the stats after tame, it doesn't invent random level based on a taming effectiveness you didn't achieve.

Just go and read it up.

We are not talking about level increase, we are talking about % increase of stats by taming effiency, which is a thing. Just read some breeding articles.

47 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

Do you have a link to such an article? I've been looking but can't seem to find the info.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Breeding#Stats_of_the_Offspring

You can test it yourself. Just tame 2 dinos with raw meat, breed them and see that stats of the baby are higher than the stats of the parents, while no mutation occured.

1 minute ago, Thorium said:

You can test it yourself. Just tame 2 dinos with raw meat, breed them and see that stats of the baby are higher than the stats of the parents, while no mutation occured.

Thanks for the link I will read it, however I've been testing it and I never got a stat higher then the parents without mutations. My sabers have 347% dmg after tame and after 3 gen(7 sabers) I never got a damage over 347%.

A perfect tame is a very subjective term.

Taming effectiveness correlates into how many bonus levels a dino will get. So if I use the command "cheat dotame" on a lvl 100 dino, It tames it with 100% effectiveness and thus I get 50 bonus levels.

Now, a "perfect" tame realistically means taming  dino and achieving the highest level (wild stats) possible. 

Example. I find a lvl 150 rex and I want to kibble tame it. If I'm on an official server with 1x multipliers, it takes 33 kibble and the rex will tame at 95.1% TE and will tame out at lvl 221. However, if there is an evolution event active (1.5x) then it takes 22 kibble and the rex will tame at 97.8% TE and will tame out at lvl 223.

With a server with 2x multiplyers the rex will tame out at lvl 224 and with 11x multipliers, the rex will tame at 224 with ~100% TE.

So I hope you see that you can't achieve "Perfect" tames on servers with low multipliers.

That said, if you are getting to the point where you are worried about perfect taming, you are probably getting pretty close to breeding at which case nit-picking TE is somewhat irrelevant.

As a breeder, I care much more about finding a dino with very high poitns in a single stat. That's not to say I don't care about TE, because the higher the TE, the more bonus levels, and the better chance I get good RNG rolls into a particular stat.

Hope that helps a bit

9 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

A perfect tame is a very subjective term.

Taming effectiveness correlates into how many bonus levels a dino will get. So if I use the command "cheat dotame" on a lvl 100 dino, It tames it with 100% effectiveness and thus I get 50 bonus levels.

Now, a "perfect" tame realistically means taming  dino and achieving the highest level (wild stats) possible. 

Example. I find a lvl 150 rex and I want to kibble tame it. If I'm on an official server with 1x multipliers, it takes 33 kibble and the rex will tame at 95.1% TE and will tame out at lvl 221. However, if there is an evolution event active (1.5x) then it takes 22 kibble and the rex will tame at 97.8% TE and will tame out at lvl 223.

With a server with 2x multiplyers the rex will tame out at lvl 224 and with 11x multipliers, the rex will tame at 224 with ~100% TE.

So I hope you see that you can't achieve "Perfect" tames on servers with low multipliers.

That said, if you are getting to the point where you are worried about perfect taming, you are probably getting pretty close to breeding at which case nit-picking TE is somewhat irrelevant.

As a breeder, I care much more about finding a dino with very high poitns in a single stat. That's not to say I don't care about TE, because the higher the TE, the more bonus levels, and the better chance I get good RNG rolls into a particular stat.

Hope that helps a bit

Best explanation. 

1 hour ago, Thorium said:

After reading the article. It doesnt really have any effect if you get a perfect tame. They give the exemple of a 70% TE tame, that leads to a 4.8% stat difference, on a 98% tame the difference would be around .35%.

Archived