building inside caves

jpcab

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, jpcab said:

It is a good option? I play in pvp offocial server..i m realy thinking in starting a base on a cave. What are the main disadvantages? I know the artifact problem but i can give it if someone ask for it

Structures in caves take 6X damage on Official servers, if I recall correctly.  They won't need to ask, they will just blow open a path.

logistically its a nightmare to get resources in and out, especially the common ones like wood etc. also storing dinos is practically impossible so you would need a backup base on the ground.

that on top of the 6x damage mumtiplier is most of the times enough to stop people from building there, especially solo players :) 

Just now, BobRoss said:

logistically its a nightmare to get resources in and out, especially the common ones like wood etc. also storing dinos is practically impossible so you would need a backup base on the ground.

that on top of the 6x damage mumtiplier is most of the times enough to stop people from building there, especially solo players :) 

With argentavis is easy to get wood or other resources.

6 minutes ago, rawsh said:

additional problem is: currently many caves "allow" to bug inside the walls surrounding the cave, resulting in people popping up INSIDE your perimeter/behind your defense, not sure wich caves currently DONT have this problem, 

That would be a problem yes..i already have animals tamed there. But a problem AnYway yes..it d be useful to know wich caves on the island map do not suffer of those bugs

Building in caves is great,we have built in nearly every cave on one of our center servers.

Yes its x6 damage but they are so easy to defend,overkill with plant x and turrets,create a bottleneck for enemy tames etc.

The only problem ive found is if you only have one way in then your enemy can place turrets outside the entrance keeping you inside,we done this and it works wonders,gas runs out and tames run out of food lol

10 minutes ago, oScottieHo said:

Building in caves is great,we have built in nearly every cave on one of our center servers.

Yes its x6 damage but they are so easy to defend,overkill with plant x and turrets,create a bottleneck for enemy tames etc.

The only problem ive found is if you only have one way in then your enemy can place turrets outside the entrance keeping you inside,we done this and it works wonders,gas runs out and tames run out of food lol

until they get a transmitter :D 

Archived