Babies floating on water

Musketeer

1 hour ago, Musketeer said:

Or megalosaurus

These eat next to nothing as is. O.o
I tried to bring my first megalo hatches into the water. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but they died within seconds. Second hatch I kept on land, easiest babies ever! Few hectic minutes, then some staying on top of it until they hold a bunch of meat, never worry again. And this is on low levels.

On my unofficial server we've been using this to get around the starvation bug, it does work like a charm.

16 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

These eat next to nothing as is. O.o
I tried to bring my first megalo hatches into the water. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but they died within seconds. Second hatch I kept on land, easiest babies ever! Few hectic minutes, then some staying on top of it until they hold a bunch of meat, never worry again. And this is on low levels.

On my unofficial server we've been using this to get around the starvation bug, it does work like a charm.

Megalo is one of the highest meat eating dinos. If you let it sleep it will plow through a trough in 20 minutes.

Your megalo died because it drowned.

Just now, JonSnowNova said:

Megalo is one of the highest meat eating dinos. If you let it sleep it will plow through a trough in 20 minutes.

Your megalo died because it drowned.

If you put the megalo to follow a guardian mount, they don't sleep ever. They stay awake until the pass out, rinse and repeat.
I did check the babies' oxygen stat, it was still full even after they died. Other babies also stay fine when taken into the water, and even if they had drowned, it seemed very fast for that. Unless megalos have special rules about water, as babies or in general.

1 minute ago, Housatonic said:

If you put the megalo to follow a guardian mount, they don't sleep ever. They stay awake until the pass out, rinse and repeat.
I did check the babies' oxygen stat, it was still full even after they died. Other babies also stay fine when taken into the water, and even if they had drowned, it seemed very fast for that. Unless megalos have special rules about water, as babies or in general.

Im in contact with a megalo breeder and he has been unsuccessful with water breeding them unfortunately. 

What do you mean by guardian mount?

Yes, whatever technically kills them, they don't seem to like water for sure.

In my case I have a chalico anchor, both for my babies, and for some guardians. I recently moved into a new base and haven't quite plugged up all spawns inside my perimeter, hence the guardian bit.
For the megalo specifically though, being on follow means they don't go to sleep, they stay awake, their torpor rises, and they pass out, torpor depletes, they get up, and their torpor starts going up again since they still can't sleep. Being unconscious is about as good, if not better, than the floating thing for other babies. When they get up, they seem to eat about as much as normal babies.

6 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

Yes, whatever technically kills them, they don't seem to like water for sure.

In my case I have a chalico anchor, both for my babies, and for some guardians. I recently moved into a new base and haven't quite plugged up all spawns inside my perimeter, hence the guardian bit.
For the megalo specifically though, being on follow means they don't go to sleep, they stay awake, their torpor rises, and they pass out, torpor depletes, they get up, and their torpor starts going up again since they still can't sleep. Being unconscious is about as good, if not better, than the floating thing for other babies. When they get up, they seem to eat about as much as normal babies.

Interesting. I'll have to test that. We've noticed with our last mega baby that when it gets up from torpor depletion it munches a lot for about 30 seconds then calms down. 

Thanks for the tip.

19 hours ago, Housatonic said:

Probably sinks to the bottom of the pool when it passes out.

I noticed when my tribemate was raising allos, one was being dunked under by the others and was fully submerged. It drowned. So having their head under makes them lose o2

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Probably sinks to the bottom of the pool when it passes out.

I noticed when my tribemate was raising allos, one was being dunked under by the others and was fully submerged. It drowned. So having their head under makes them lose o2

I have never seen this and used to do packs of rexs stacked like the screen above in my prime on officials

The only big downside to water raise is herbis dont regen hp!

Archived