What kind of dinos are used in a war

SlipperySquid

Now that it has been a while and i have gone through some footage on the 131 raid here is a list of dinos and how effective i feel they were in the raid. All these dinos were used across the war some more effective then others and what types they were land water and flying. This post will be a little long but at the end will be my opinion on the flyer nerf and how good it has been for ground pvp.

Allosaurus -  Not that effective as no one really took them out in the pack however not really sure if they are bad by its self. To me it seemed like people did not want to waste their good dinos so they brought them over.
Brontosaurus -  Tanks turrets pushes people all over the hill was very effective for both sides.
Giganotosaurus - The poopter of the raid just does not work in lag i think their was only one time that the giga was effective during the raid. This being one of the biggest counters to bronto/paracer pushes something needs to be done to fix the does not work during lag issue.
Rex -  The main dps choice for both sides for the first few days always been a top dps in raids
Spinosaur -  A surprise to me that it was used quickly turning in to thoughts of dam i wished i tamed more of these. The knock back and attack speed these have proved to be very effective to isolate the large targets like a bronto was second to none.
Therizinosaurus -  Was not brought out till i think day 3 or even 4 of the war soon we realized how strong these are when we had one 2v1 a few rexes and the fact that they can be healed via tasty cakes is beyond insane. However once they realized we were using them they were quickly targeted picked then stolen and killed at the fobs.
Mantis -  Was only used by me once our ice base was blown in to however was very effective killed 1 person dipped out under and iceberg came back and killed another then dipped out again. Had no weapons attached however i feel its offensive power is actually very strong. 
Paracer -  This is the same as the bronto just faster and turns easier.
Rock Elemental -  Used in pushing Fobs for tanking but mostly used for throwing rocks at the attackers. Not very effective to use.
Thylacoleo -  Used by both sides a fair bit on the first day for the small skirmishes across at carno island was actually some of the most fun during the whole war.
Argentavis -  I feel it was more used by the defenders more then it was used by the attackers i do not remember seeing more then one or 2 argents on the attacking side
Lymantria -  This was a surprise it was fairly decent. By that i mean it slows down dinos which was very effective i think on day 2 when ever we would try and push over with rexes or anything for that matter here was the the stupid moth. Honestly not as useless as people make it out to be.
Pteranodon -  Used the most out of all the flyers through out the war once people started to run out of the pterry people started using the argent and Tape a bit more.
Quetzal -  Used for transporting things other then that used for picking/knocking things flying across the map has its place but is not so strong anymore that ground troops can't counter it.
Tapejara -  Well an average mount had nothing really going for it because people still had things like the Pterry and Argent still.
Wyvern -  Did not really feel like they had much of a presence to the outcome of the war winning or losing of bases.
Kaprosuchus -  Was only effective to drown people in the water on the ice berg raid however i only put it in because it was used.
Mosasaurus -  The dino below rules the seas
Tusoteuthis -  These buggers scare me. Can not really comment on it any further :D.

Turtle -  Tanking turrets.

I see posts fairly often people complaining about the array of dinos used in wars and honestly after i look at this what more do people want to see in a war?

My answer - Is their any creature that is not on this list above that i would use in a war and i would have to say Maybe, I know new dinos were introduced after the war and lets put the new Pig on the list as its just that good. Other then that i do not see why other dinos need to be used in a war it currently has a good variety being used. This being said i do think people would use the bear and i think the rhino was used in the war but was a failure so i did not mention it.

How about Purlovia and Microraptor because of their stun-ability? ;)

Rhinos if you have enough place to do the charge. This deals really high damage!

Megalosaurus for grabbing people (only useful in night-raids)

Troodons for knocking people out (only good at night as well)

Baryonyx for stunning people/smaller water mounts while fighting in the ocean

Dimorphodons, because leveled in speed, health and melee they can be a pest!

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Zederia said:

this was based on watching research, not first-hand. remember that

A bit of both really when you consider that he said he used the mantis.

On the subject of the mantis, I feel that it could be a force to be reckoned with against infantry if you have a high melee mantis and equip it with a good quality club.

3 hours ago, Zederia said:

this was based on watching research, not first-hand. remember that

Yes the research was on my own footage of the raid from the defenders side i guess that should of been mentioned. I am not the greatest at constructing posts.

@DomiDarko

How about Purlovia and Microraptor because of their stun-ability? ;)

Rhinos if you have enough place to do the charge. This deals really high damage!

Megalosaurus for grabbing people (only useful in night-raids)

Troodons for knocking people out (only good at night as well)

Baryonyx for stunning people/smaller water mounts while fighting in the ocean

Dimorphodons, because leveled in speed, health and melee they can be a pest!

All these dinos you mentioned i feel could of been used in the raid for sure except we had to constantly whistle passive due to people whistling attack my target when they started to panic as people were pushing up the hill and all those sorts of things. The baryonyx would of been really nice i think we lost ours to snipers prior to the iceberg being raided. The Purlovia/Troodon would of been awesome except due to not setting key bindings and setting them to different groups our 4 or 5 we had just stayed buried the whole war. The Dimorphs never really crossed my mind i feel they are a bit of the forgotten dino. Also till now i did not even know the Megalosaurus was in the game LOL you learn something new every day.

13 hours ago, SlipperySquid said:

Now that it has been a while and i have gone through some footage on the 131 raid here is a list of dinos and how effective i feel they were in the raid. All these dinos were used across the war some more effective then others and what types they were land water and flying. This post will be a little long but at the end will be my opinion on the flyer nerf and how good it has been for ground pvp.

Allosaurus -  Not that effective as no one really took them out in the pack however not really sure if they are bad by its self. To me it seemed like people did not want to waste their good dinos so they brought them over.
Brontosaurus -  Tanks turrets pushes people all over the hill was very effective for both sides.
Giganotosaurus - The poopter of the raid just does not work in lag i think their was only one time that the giga was effective during the raid. This being one of the biggest counters to bronto/paracer pushes something needs to be done to fix the does not work during lag issue.
Rex -  The main dps choice for both sides for the first few days always been a top dps in raids
Spinosaur -  A surprise to me that it was used quickly turning in to thoughts of dam i wished i tamed more of these. The knock back and attack speed these have proved to be very effective to isolate the large targets like a bronto was second to none.
Therizinosaurus -  Was not brought out till i think day 3 or even 4 of the war soon we realized how strong these are when we had one 2v1 a few rexes and the fact that they can be healed via tasty cakes is beyond insane. However once they realized we were using them they were quickly targeted picked then stolen and killed at the fobs.
Mantis -  Was only used by me once our ice base was blown in to however was very effective killed 1 person dipped out under and iceberg came back and killed another then dipped out again. Had no weapons attached however i feel its offensive power is actually very strong. 
Paracer -  This is the same as the bronto just faster and turns easier.
Rock Elemental -  Used in pushing Fobs for tanking but mostly used for throwing rocks at the attackers. Not very effective to use.
Thylacoleo -  Used by both sides a fair bit on the first day for the small skirmishes across at carno island was actually some of the most fun during the whole war.
Argentavis -  I feel it was more used by the defenders more then it was used by the attackers i do not remember seeing more then one or 2 argents on the attacking side
Lymantria -  This was a surprise it was fairly decent. By that i mean it slows down dinos which was very effective i think on day 2 when ever we would try and push over with rexes or anything for that matter here was the the stupid moth. Honestly not as useless as people make it out to be.
Pteranodon -  Used the most out of all the flyers through out the war once people started to run out of the pterry people started using the argent and Tape a bit more.
Quetzal -  Used for transporting things other then that used for picking/knocking things flying across the map has its place but is not so strong anymore that ground troops can't counter it.
Tapejara -  Well an average mount had nothing really going for it because people still had things like the Pterry and Argent still.
Wyvern -  Did not really feel like they had much of a presence to the outcome of the war winning or losing of bases.
Kaprosuchus -  Was only effective to drown people in the water on the ice berg raid however i only put it in because it was used.
Mosasaurus -  The dino below rules the seas
Tusoteuthis -  These buggers scare me. Can not really comment on it any further :D.

Turtle -  Tanking turrets.

I see posts fairly often people complaining about the array of dinos used in wars and honestly after i look at this what more do people want to see in a war?

My answer - Is their any creature that is not on this list above that i would use in a war and i would have to say Maybe, I know new dinos were introduced after the war and lets put the new Pig on the list as its just that good. Other then that i do not see why other dinos need to be used in a war it currently has a good variety being used. This being said i do think people would use the bear and i think the rhino was used in the war but was a failure so i did not mention it.

It will still pretty much always be flyers, gigas and turtles. Maybe a bronto 

5 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

A bit of both really when you consider that he said he used the mantis.

On the subject of the mantis, I feel that it could be a force to be reckoned with against infantry if you have a high melee mantis and equip it with a good quality club.

That says more about the unbalanced nature of clubs currently then it does about the Mantis.

Diplo for pushing things down cliffs, raging gigas, set it on aggressive and send it out too the enemy, good for defending the high ground 

Rhino high level rhino can rage a giga with its charge 

Chalico or what ever it's called can knock out plant x from out of turret range and good at tanking 

Purlovia good for hiding supplies for a raid near to the enemy base 

Frog good stealthy transport, quick and expendable, can shoot off its back 

41 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Here's what comes to my mind:

Dodo: Distracts enemies

Mesopithecus: Drowns enemies in a shower of feces

Phiomia: Fuels xplants, also distracts enemies

Compy: Deceives enemies, one is laughable, but a whole legion of them will rip people to pieces

Onyc: Drives enemies insane with its constant screeching

Daeodon: Healing aura OP

Pegomastax: Steals stuff

Icthyornis: Steals stuff, but destroys whatever it steals

Troodon: Pretty obvious, Bob hates them, so does his parasaur

Dimorphodon: Flying rats, annoying during lag

Microraptor: Pests to any mounted raiders

Any arachnid: Sends arachophobic raiders running

Any insect: Sends entomophobic raiders running

Kairuku: Overlord of war, will send any opponent running

you are right i hate troodons!!!

• 4 months later...