Gryphon

suggestion Choose by character instead of by server

When loading the game and choosing where to play, I would like to see a list of created characters with the character's basic stats and the character's server availability instead of loading the entire server list (even with bookmarks working). If all characters I have created have unavailable servers, then choose to load the server list and create a new character on a new server.

Edited by Gryphon

2 hours ago, WildcardVanilla said:

Hi Gryphon, 

Thanks for your wonderful suggestion, survivor! We recommend that all suggestions be posted in the Ideas & Suggestions forum here:

http://bit.ly/1RV35wM

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Have a great day.

-Wildcard Support Team

I second his/her suggestion. After playing on two different servers for something like 4 hours a piece, I have no idea which one my character's in when I return for another session. Would love a more efficient way of locating my characters. Thanks for listening, dudes! It's awesome you guys are engaging with us during development.

Yeah, luckily I've kept track of where my characters have been because the first thing I did was test the bookmark feature and saw it wasn't working. The idea isn't not so much about losing the character as it is just being able to reduce the need to wait and load the entire server list if not needed as well as easily get an overview of each your characters different stats to choose which one to play.

Even the bookmarks option currently appears that when it does finally work it first downloads the entire list of servers and then weeds out the bookmarked ones, even with 0 bookmarks it takes forever to load because it seems to be checking all servers for the existence of a bookmark. That's the ultimate goal of the suggestion, is to not have to load the entire server list every time.

Here is part of a post I made like 40+ mins ago

Or add on the main menu. Above join ark it can be character creation and in there is where you will have all your character creations and levels and server info and of course create new character and on the main menu on left side of the screen is the character you recently use or selected with its character info and when you select join ark it shows your server on top then the the rest of the servers below