How to get better stats from bred dinos?

JoshServer82

I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere for this, but I'm wondering why I can't get higher stats as I breed my dinos from generation to generation?  For example; Gen 1 Rex has 11k HP and 373 Melee when it hatches, I imprint and get it to 13k HP and 420 Melee.  Are these not the new base stats for when I breed the Gen 1 Rex with another similar Gen 1 Rex?  Do I have to get 100% imprint to make them the new base stats for the next gen Rexes?  I'm not fully understanding how this works, and can't find an answer anywhere. 

1 hour ago, JoshServer82 said:

I can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere for this, but I'm wondering why I can't get higher stats as I breed my dinos from generation to generation?  For example; Gen 1 Rex has 11k HP and 373 Melee when it hatches, I imprint and get it to 13k HP and 420 Melee.  Are these not the new base stats for when I breed the Gen 1 Rex with another similar Gen 1 Rex?  Do I have to get 100% imprint to make them the new base stats for the next gen Rexes?  I'm not fully understanding how this works, and can't find an answer anywhere. 

Base breeding stats aren't affected by imprinting.

It is also possible to get higher stats through mutations, but there is a cap on the total mutations possible.  If you go out taming 140+ rexes until you find one with any one stat higher than the stats in your current breed, you breed that new tame with your old until you win the offspring lottery and get one that has all of the higher stats.  The offspring has a 70% chance for each stat to inherit the higher stat of the parents.  That translates to an 8.2% chance of getting the highest of each of the 7 stats.

Use something like the ARK Smart Breeding tool to calculate the actual stats of your tames and to see what offspring results are possible.

Archived