5 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

:Jerbmad:Can't wait for shady PvP experts crying here and making threads: "Nerf a war strategy these people used against me" and [name of notorious troll censored] discriminating Alphas who do this with his shady studies on how every Alpha is a horrible human being.

Let's hope WC won't make a new backasswards patch to somehow block Rexes from going onto a Quetzal since this is creative ressource management.

As long as fliers stay nerfed you guy can air transport all the Rexs and gigas you want ?

We have used it, element is not impractical at all, using low render we can find where the generator is in the base, blow a hole through the side of the building, take out the gennie, and not have to drain a single bullet. On scorched earth we can do the hard manticore with 3 rex's and then push those same rex's into being the artillery needed. On island we can do hard monkey without a single tame. So no, element is not impractical, its stupid easy to get and its stupid easy to raid with tek rex's.

Ok yeah tek Rex on a quetz can damage your Base from out of turret range and the projectiles can't be shot down.  Problem?  No.  A quetz with a cannon on its back, or catapult even,  can do the same,  a lot cheaper and you dont even need to beat the bosses.  This has been possible for a long time the devs want it, it's intended. 

if a ptera barrel rolls the Rex will it fall off?  Could be a waste of a tek saddle and element 

11 hours ago, bulldog1986 said:

We have used it, element is not impractical at all, using low render we can find where the generator is in the base, blow a hole through the side of the building, take out the gennie, and not have to drain a single bullet. On scorched earth we can do the hard manticore with 3 rex's and then push those same rex's into being the artillery needed. On island we can do hard monkey without a single tame. So no, element is not impractical, its stupid easy to get and its stupid easy to raid with tek rex's.

Thanks for saying practical ways to use this strat! Rep for you

On 5/10/2017 at 6:54 PM, Volcano637 said:

Who cares what someone else said. You do you. I actually like you even though we disagree on stuff. I haven't seen you be offensive in any manner this whole time so you say what you want to say and I will handle what needs to be handled.

on the other hand(which you will disagree with) this is a clear example of why things need to change in a big way after the official release. Hopefully that is understandable

completely understandable by any reasonable measure.

11 hours ago, bulldog1986 said:

using low render we can find where the generator is in the base

Not to single you out in any way bulldog, but this is the only thing that really troubles me in this thread.  Personally I feel that every effort should be made to ensure that reducing quality settings in any way never bestows a benefit in combat situations.  It's not just a problem in ARK, I've seen the same tactics used to disturbingly good effect in several games over the years.  It's not an easy problem to solve to be honest.

As far as Tek Rexes on Quetzals, I'm not entirely sure how the dev team feels about Tek weapons being usable from a flying position.  I have a feeling they are fine with it as long as it's not automated in any way, and at least 2 players (pilot and gunner) are required to make it happen.  I guess we'll find out.

14 hours ago, ranger1presents said:

Not to single you out in any way bulldog, but this is the only thing that really troubles me in this thread.  Personally I feel that every effort should be made to ensure that reducing quality settings in any way never bestows a benefit in combat situations.  It's not just a problem in ARK, I've seen the same tactics used to disturbingly good effect in several games over the years.  It's not an easy problem to solve to be honest.

As far as Tek Rexes on Quetzals, I'm not entirely sure how the dev team feels about Tek weapons being usable from a flying position.  I have a feeling they are fine with it as long as it's not automated in any way, and at least 2 players (pilot and gunner) are required to make it happen.  I guess we'll find out.

I can only speak for our tribe, but we will always work within the confines of the game allowances and rules. Should something be made clear that it is not allowed by the dev's, its no longer a valid tactic in my opinion.

10 hours ago, bulldog1986 said:

I can only speak for our tribe, but we will always work within the confines of the game allowances and rules. Should something be made clear that it is not allowed by the dev's, its no longer a valid tactic in my opinion.

I definitely got that impression bulldog, and that is perfectly reasonable.

On 13.05.2017 at 6:13 AM, ranger1presents said:

As far as I remember that was serious issue in SOTF. People just put ground clutter sliders to the lowest settings and they were able to see everyone in long distances. Devs noticed that problem and forced settings for that, but owing to the fact how crappy this game is optimised, it made people quite angry, because in one patch the game became unplayable. Unless developers find out how to make grass/foliage and ground clutter performance friendly, there is no way to solve this issue. The same issue you can see in Unkownplayer's Battlegrounds or in Battlefield games. 

11 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

As far as I remember that was serious issue in SOTF. People just put ground clutter sliders to the lowest settings and they were able to see everyone in long distances. Devs noticed that problem and forced settings for that, but owing to the fact how crappy this game is optimised, it made people quite angry, because in one patch the game became unplayable. Unless developers find out how to make grass/foliage and ground clutter performance friendly, there is no way to solve this issue. The same issue you can see in Unkownplayer's Battlegrounds or in Battlefield games. 

Sounds bad but I suppose it's a viable strategy....

Archived