Trying to move locations with a raft.

Chihuahuaian

2 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Arm your raft with a bunch of plant turrets. The knockback and slow should deal with the leeds.

I remember that they added a land bridge to the far western side of the redwoods. Haven't played on the center for a while, but I think that leads to the mainland and the three jungle islands. Try scouting out the land bridge and give it a shot!

I live on the opposite side of the Redwoods.... I suppose I could move that way, my direbear can handle pretty much anything.

Just swim with the direbear.. yes they can swim, I used to swim with them from jungle north to the vulcano island when I do some rex killing/taming. 

I love bears, they are as strong as a rex (in terms of attack damage, with less HP tough), very compact sized and it is possible to use crossbows and longnecks while you are riding them (so easy to tame rexes, they just tank them for you while you pump them with darts)

1 minute ago, szabiferi said:

Just swim with the direbear.. yes they can swim, I used to swim with them from jungle north to the vulcano island when I do some rex killing/taming. 

I love bears, they are as strong as a rex (in terms of attack damage, with less HP tough), very compact sized and it is possible to use crossbows and longnecks while you are riding them (so easy to tame rexes, they just tank them for you while you pump them with darts)

Are they fast in water?

Just now, szabiferi said:

Well... I wouln't call them fast, but manageable. Just give a try in the swallow water to have an impression :) Also just doubklecheck if they can attack the piranhas in the water - I think they can, but not 100% sure. 

OK, Will do. I would rather move just the direbear, then risk getting killed by leeds

4 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

If it has high HP and damage, it might be able to deal with the piranhas and occasional megalodon. But with the new alpha megalodon swimming in the waters, it might not be that easy.

Well... maybe I would go with a raft, as a first line of "defence"... if it get attacked by a leed, just jump off and continue swimming. 

Having other water predators than the leed is a higher chance event... so even if the raft just helps in the half of the travel, it is useful. 

BTW: someone mentioned it can work if we craft couple rafts and take them with us undeployed. When a leed comes, just throw down one raft (like a decoy) and while it is busy with that keep sailing away....

Other option: just run a recon mission with a dolphin or with any disposable swimmer... if there is no leed, its a slim chance it will spawn while the rafting happens...

1 minute ago, szabiferi said:

Well... maybe I would go with a raft, as a first line of "defence"... if it get attacked by a leed, just jump off and continue swimming. 

Having other water predators than the leed is a higher chance event... so even if the raft just helps in the half of the travel, it is useful. 

BTW: someone mentioned it can work if we craft couple rafts and take them with us undeployed. When a leed comes, just throw down one raft (like a decoy) and while it is busy with that keep sailing away....

Other option: just run a recon mission with a dolphin or with any disposable swimmer... if there is no leed, its a slim chance it will spawn while the rafting happens...

I like the decoy raft idea... My bear has 1080 weight, So he could handle a few, and my character has 300

3 minutes ago, Chihuahuaian said:

Wha?? How does one accomplish this? That would be 20x easier

if transfering is allowed on your server you go to a supplie drop click creatures and upload it, then go to another drop at the location you want and do the same thing but download it, make sure to remove the saddle and important things in its inventory because they get lost when uploaded.

if you're rafting, you can sink thatch foundations with pillars to have the bottom of the raft protected, then once sunk you use 9 stone foundations to make raft impenetrable from wilds, and a few ramps so you can get aboard since you won't be able to click 'drive' from underwater anymore.

Also, once your bear is aboard, make sure he is on passive so he doesn't jump off the raft of you shoot at something. And watch out for rocks that can push bear off.

You can make it all the way there tho via the land bridge, but you will have to go through the swamp and swim across a river.

10 minutes ago, Drinkinthepink said:

if you're rafting, you can sink thatch foundations with pillars to have the bottom of the raft protected, then once sunk you use 9 stone foundations to make raft impenetrable from wilds, and a few ramps so you can get aboard since you won't be able to click 'drive' from underwater anymore.

Also, once your bear is aboard, make sure he is on passive so he doesn't jump off the raft of you shoot at something. And watch out for rocks that can push bear off.

You can make it all the way there tho via the land bridge, but you will have to go through the swamp and swim across a river.

Leeds eat trough it anyways unless you make some giant mega structure.
Plant species could work, but ofc toggling em on and off could be a risky pain.

Archived