Queen Bee - Taming issues?

JetJaguar

I've managed to break out a Queen bee from a number of hives but only ONCE was I given an "E" option to actually feed her. Ive been right up their ass, on top of them, under them, next to them, etc. No "E" option. its frustrating as all hell. Has anyone else had this issue with trying to tame a Queen? Despite easily getting the hive open and the Queen out, I've yet to tame a single queen because of this. Yes using bug spray, and, yes using ghili suit.

The new queen be has many issues (low-range rendering, queen disappearing sometimes after taming, its drone slaves killing themselves after taming making the dossier a lie, turn into hive as the primary action which is annoying) This fleeing is just another issue for them. It looks similar to the flee mechanic that you see in other passive tames, things get scared of you then you cant tame them anymore.

3 minutes ago, Cataclisto said:

The new queen be has many issues (low-range rendering, queen disappearing sometimes after taming, its drone slaves killing themselves after taming making the dossier a lie, turn into hive as the primary action which is annoying) This fleeing is just another issue for them. It looks similar to the flee mechanic that you see in other passive tames, things get scared of you then you cant tame them anymore.

Right Ive seen that with the other passive tames like the horses, chalices, etc. But the bee just doesn't stop. Ive left, came back, tried it over again and no "E" option ever comes up period..She never resets from the "fleeing".

I've had the feeding issue while taming. My tribesmates, however, was able to run up and feed her.

As for the drone killing themselves, they didn't in both our tames. We also were able to generate the drones after tame.

I just wish they had more room in them. I've gotten 60 honey from a broken nest but my tamed one can only hold 10 at the time(minus flowers).

• 3 weeks later...

Tamed one and it wouldnt leave the tree. Tried taming about 10 more, but they kept disappearing/ despawning halfway through the tame. Finally tamed another, absolute nightmare to move. Set it to make a hive, everything going fine....needed to move the hive, so I destroyed it and guess what...my bee disappeared...spent over an hour trying to find it...no luck.  No death registered in the log...not worth the hassle

• 7 months later...
On 5/8/2017 at 5:35 AM, JetJaguar said:

I've managed to break out a Queen bee from a number of hives but only ONCE was I given an "E" option to actually feed her. Ive been right up their ass, on top of them, under them, next to them, etc. No "E" option. its frustrating as all hell. Has anyone else had this issue with trying to tame a Queen? Despite easily getting the hive open and the Queen out, I've yet to tame a single queen because of this. Yes using bug spray, and, yes using ghili suit.

I am on xbox but having same issue. Can't get any answers if its a console bug or not. Have Not Heard anyone tame one on xbox. On pc people are taming them fine.

On 5/26/2017 at 10:42 AM, ArKie said:

i just use ghili and lay down on the ground crowling , folowing it. works for me

That is how I did, no issues. I did had a full Ghillie Suit, but I don't recall if I used a bug repellent, might as well go with it to be safe. But the thing is to LAY down with "X" (on PC), not crouch as ArKie said.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, no luck for me either on xbox. And you don't need to lay down because I've watched people doing it just crouching. I tried so many times and now cant find any more hives anywhere so gave up and just spawned one in. I hate to do that but spent three days trying to tame without getting the feeding prompt. I'm sure it's a bug on console. 

I've tamed 2 on Xbox. I used rockets on one hive and likes on the other. Full ghille and bug repellent. Just follow the queen with food in tame bar spot, did it with a tribemate and alternated who feed so the other could heal. Remember their is a waiting time between each feeding. Be patient and bring health consumables. Make sure not to hit the queen either! Hope this helps

• 4 months later...

I've tamed a few bees and it is undoubtedly easier with two people, one as a spotter and perhaps there to kill the drones (easy on a wyvern) the other focussing on feeding.

As you've already said, Ghillie and Bug repellent is important, but med brews are also a useful addition to your hot bar throughout the taming process. (Narcotics and Tintoberrys in cooker or cooking pot) I have two sets of ghillie as I expect to goof up with the drones at least once and it is easier just to change into new armour rather than leave and come back.

'Slow and Low' as been my most effective way at following the Queen and feeding her for the most part as sometimes I have had similar issues. 

As a rule I wait for 2x taming and take advantage of having to feed it less.

If I'm doing this solo I use a decent pike or sword for the drones, but often find it easy to loose sight of the queen, so I keep a rex or wyvern (something that gives me a good view above grass height) to help find it again and keep listening for the buzzing sound.

I have thought about using a shield for the drones, but not tried that yet.

Good luck.

Archived