Liopleurodon - dossier vs reality

Voidstar

23 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

It makes no sense for it to dissapear after 30 minutes, we should be able to keep the pet, but with modified features so that it s not op (see my suggestions on how to do this). It s an awesome looking dinosaur..it should have other uses

Its magic, it doesn't need to make sense.

The fact of the matter is, they aren't meant to be kept. Nerfed or not.

Each tame has one thing they do well compared to other tames. Lio's only have one good thing
going for them: They let you re-roll loot crates, which for the most part suck. The thing is a mid-game,
easy tame. It's not fast, it's hp sucks, and it's attack sucks. Its only saving grace is the re-roll option
for loot.

Having it be a temporary tame is literally the only way to balance how overpowered his ability is.

39 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Its magic, it doesn't need to make sense.

The fact of the matter is, they aren't meant to be kept. Nerfed or not.

Each tame has one thing they do well compared to other tames. Lio's only have one good thing
going for them: They let you re-roll loot crates, which for the most part suck. The thing is a mid-game,
easy tame. It's not fast, it's hp sucks, and it's attack sucks. Its only saving grace is the re-roll option
for loot.

Having it be a temporary tame is literally the only way to balance how overpowered his ability is.

there are many ways to make it a non-temporary tame and still be useful.

wrote some suggestions up. it could work allowing only one reroll every 24-48h. whatever. I guess some mod will appear, I like taming and leveling stuff, feels like pokemon lol.

1 minute ago, Lancelot said:

Anyone knows if they are fast enough to do the whole underwater crates round before it dissapears?

Do they make underwater crates easier to see? Make it so underwater crate spawn for you only?

I don't see the point in taming those if they dissapear before I can find 1 or both loot crates.

as I heard they are slow..

6 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

as I heard they are slow..

Meh I hope they fix that. If they really are slow then the only time they are actually worth taming is when you already found a crate with bad drops.

I wouldn't want to tame one of those, dive for 30 min underwater, with the possibility to not find anything, only to be left stranded in the middle of the ocean when the timer expires.

11 hours ago, Bedrock006 said:

Ohh you're sooo clever thanks for the feedback and absolutely no understanding what I even implied you can't tame the insects or the jellyfish or ammonytes but they play a role in the game as did many creatures that you don't even know existed. History is a twisted path of species that thrived and ones that didn't do that well. you are out of touch with being open to anything that isn't your opinion. I don't care what someone as limited as you thinks keep reading without needing to try and mock what I think. I didnt say no games I said not everything is tameable that's why we have wild animals, but hey keep thinking your soooo clever.

Ha, here is some ointment for you, sadly I don't have anything on hand for hypocrisy (i'll admit I could use some myself most days). Not entirely sure what relevance historical facts have on a thread about a magical buffing and vanishing dino that references a popular animation from like a decade ago however.

That aside, I can see both sides of the extremes as LilNastyGurl pointed out, No taming is enjoyable in its own way (for survival mostly) while normal pve arks more like pokemon people dont like that comparison but every single time a new dino comes out people rush to go try and tame it no matter how pointless it may be. You know how many people NOT on scorched earth cart around  or have packs of jerboa at home? Frightening number im sure! (have no idea actual number, mind you, I dont visit everyones house....thats just creepy). Would I like jellyfish lighting up my base instead of anglers? Totally, they look neat. Would I want a pet ammonite that did nothing but ate my food all day? Hell yeah, love those things.

Not saying everything has to be super useful and required like theriz or doeds, I mean its nice for everything to have a place and all that jazz (im looking at you newts and compys) but not all of us are trying to marvel in new and creative ways to exploit the game to destroy our neighbors - some of us want to enjoy the content that gets added so naturally when that content is not enjoyable someone is gonna say something.

I appreciate that there is variety. It's not just one more dino to tame, but rather something unique. I think it's a neat idea that it doesn't stay tamed. I've always thought that there should be some dinos that require more upkeep, and if neglected should untame and become wild again. 

Instead of making one more simple tame dino, they added variety and created something unique and interesting. 

Variety is the spice of life. 

54 minutes ago, Dracul said:

Ha, here is some ointment for you, sadly I don't have anything on hand for hypocrisy (i'll admit I could use some myself most days). Not entirely sure what relevance historical facts have on a thread about a magical buffing and vanishing dino that references a popular animation from like a decade ago however.

That aside, I can see both sides of the extremes as LilNastyGurl pointed out, No taming is enjoyable in its own way (for survival mostly) while normal pve arks more like pokemon people dont like that comparison but every single time a new dino comes out people rush to go try and tame it no matter how pointless it may be. You know how many people NOT on scorched earth cart around  or have packs of jerboa at home? Frightening number im sure! (have no idea actual number, mind you, I dont visit everyones house....thats just creepy). Would I like jellyfish lighting up my base instead of anglers? Totally, they look neat. Would I want a pet ammonite that did nothing but ate my food all day? Hell yeah, love those things.

Not saying everything has to be super useful and required like theriz or doeds, I mean its nice for everything to have a place and all that jazz (im looking at you newts and compys) but not all of us are trying to marvel in new and creative ways to exploit the game to destroy our neighbors - some of us want to enjoy the content that gets added so naturally when that content is not enjoyable someone is gonna say something.

it s exactly like pokemon...you have some pets you tame them you train them and they either do nothing or help you sometimes but they are YOUR TAMED, TRAINED PETS!

The lio in my opinion is a garbage tame/addition to the game you need the honey for it it can barely pull its own weight under the water since it does little to no damage to anything the buff doesn't seem to give you much better stuff just take the stuff that's in the deep loot crate and let it respawn. It's seems better to do that then tame a lio every 30 min to get a chance at something better the other additions that came with this Dino makes it just useless the kentros and daeodons even giant bees seem much better then this pile of skin and fat. 

9 hours ago, Voidstar said:

there are many ways to make it a non-temporary tame and still be useful.

wrote some suggestions up. it could work allowing only one reroll every 24-48h. whatever. I guess some mod will appear, I like taming and leveling stuff, feels like pokemon lol.

Again, they don't want it being a permanent tame. 

They don't want people being able to use the re-roll ability more than once per tame, thats why it
vanishes. I'm not saying it isn't a goofy gimmick, but it is the gimmick it was given. 

3 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Anyone knows if they are fast enough to do the whole underwater crates round before it dissapears?

Do they make underwater crates easier to see? Make it so underwater crate spawn for you only?

I don't see the point in taming those if they dissapear before I can find 1 or both loot crates.

You don't have to ride on it to retain its buff, I don't think. You could literally get on your fastest
water mount and go scouting for them. The idea is for your entire tribe to be around it when you
go to activate the buff so that everyone has a fair chance to get something worth while using the
ability.

1 minute ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Again, they don't want it being a permanent tame. 

They don't want people being able to use the re-roll ability more than once per tame, thats why it
vanishes. I'm not saying it isn't a goofy gimmick, but it is the gimmick it was given. 

You don't have to ride on it to retain its buff, I don't think. You could literally get on your fastest
water mount and go scouting for them. The idea is for your entire tribe to be around it when you
go to activate the buff so that everyone has a fair chance to get something worth while using the
ability.

If you don't have to ride it to get the buff and everyone can get it, what's the point?

I was hoping this dino would be good to collect crates: fast, stun immune, helps with oxygen, etc. Now it's basically a glorified consummable because you don't have to ride it to get the effect. Lame.

5 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

If you don't have to ride it to get the buff and everyone can get it, what's the point?

I was hoping this dino would be good to collect crates: fast, stun immune, helps with oxygen, etc. Now it's basically a glorified consummable because you don't have to ride it to get the effect. Lame.

Then you really have no one to blame but yourself for your disappointment.

No where in it's dossier does it suggest that the Lio has stun immunity. It clearly states that it isn't fast, and that
skin contact is required for the oxygen buff. I've never tamed a Lio, so I dont know if everyone gets the buff. It
could be that the person who tames it gets the buff, or it could be those around the lio when its tamed. We just
dont know yet.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Extraterrestrial said:

ability.

You have to be within an area around the lio to get its buff to stay on you, once outside that magical area of effect the buff runs on a 300 second timer.

13 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

You have to be within an area around the lio to get its buff to stay on you, once outside that magical area of effect the buff runs on a 300 second timer.

So you could in theory.. tame it near a drop, have fast tame on follow, reroll crate, hop on other fast mount and hit another crate (would have to have a tribey scouting for you or have extreme luck..)

If they made crates glow more or something .. or have "Lio vision" to see them while riding it (also make it faster?) I could see it being more widely accepted

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, d1nk said:

So you could in theory.. tame it near a drop, have fast tame on follow, reroll crate, hop on other fast mount and hit another crate (would have to have a tribey scouting for you or have extreme luck..)

If they made crates glow more or something .. or have "Lio vision" to see them while riding it (also make it faster?) I could see it being more widely accepted

Theoretically, sure. If you could cage the lio up near the drop. Remember, it's a passive tame, so it could very well take you far away from the drop in question.

On 5/8/2017 at 2:51 AM, LilNastyGurl said:

You need to take some time to learn how to emotionally detach yourself from internet comments.

Another person who feels the need to tell others how to act thank you for for having control issues little girl. I can be as attached or unattached as o want I am me and you aren't step off.

I vote to change liopleurodon so that after 30 minutes he transforms into magic man saying something cleverly trolling then throwing sparkles and maybe a few weak firecrackers before farting and spin flipping into a puff of brown gas.

"What once was no longer now be stuck forever. -toot-puff-gone"

As a last troll act you're anchored to the sea floor and your raft sinks next to you and turns into a beehive of killer bees wearing scuba.

1 hour ago, Bramboxc123 said:

I vote to change liopleurodon so that after 30 minutes he transforms into magic man saying something cleverly trolling then throwing sparkles and maybe a few weak firecrackers before farting and spin flipping into a puff of brown gas.

As a last troll act you're anchored to the sea floor and your raft sinks next to you and turns into a beehive of killer bees wearing scuba.

Agreed

Oh I would love the complaints from that

1 hour ago, Bramboxc123 said:

Funniest thing I've read all day man

Archived