I finally got wiped despite an incredible base with solid defense.  I am so tired of this bs, that I am kind of glad it happened.  I, and my tribe gave best effort, were allied with everyone on server and still...whatever.  Once again, the multiple server alphas continue to control the entire game because they can transfer multiple golems, extremely high level gigas and brontos with endless health.  Its just enough with this game.  Anyone else feeling the same?

1 hour ago, BeauxAustin said:

I finally got wiped despite an incredible base with solid defense.  I am so tired of this bs, that I am kind of glad it happened.  I, and my tribe gave best effort, were allied with everyone on server and still...whatever.  Once again, the multiple server alphas continue to control the entire game because they can transfer multiple golems, extremely high level gigas and brontos with endless health.  Its just enough with this game.  Anyone else feeling the same?

Unfortunately it will always happen. Not to them, but anyone else besides them lol

sorry to hear about your wipe. If they make more no tame servers I would definitely suggest you try it. 

Thats just how official servers work now. Hopefully more modes will come out soon.

It seems a lot of folks share that sentiment for Official servers. I quit that jazz a long time ago, and I pretty much only play on a mix of Player Dedicated, Non-Dedicated, and Singleplayer now. I'd highly recommend either of the first two to you and your tribe, since it's really an enjoyable game and it sucks that people can just ruin the experience for you because they can abuse a mechanic or whatnot.

Now you know how people felt back many centuries ago when they built an entire city with walls, only to have some other nation come along and tear the walls down, kill mostly everybody, and loot all their stuff along with the potential slaves.

The problem with this game is, there's a max number of connections per server, and it's easy enough for a huge tribe to fill a lot of those slots. Your tribe probably doesn't even have that many people in the tribe, especially not online. Making a lot of allies to counter, isn't always the best solution either, because they have to be coordinated. On top of that, it's a stupid habit of people to put all their eggs into one basket, making the prize of blowing away that base more fulfilling.

10 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

I just want a mode with pvp and pve somehow merged together. Maybe still be able to kill dinos/players but not destroy their base. I'd be happy with that lol.

Because it hurts more seeing my builds get destroyed. ???

That would actually be a good idea for an experimental server. Actually a great one. If I were you I would put that in game suggestions area, or even in the experimental server thread that I tagged jat and Jeremy to.

We gave up on the pvp boxes because it was just too hard to get any kind of foothold. The pc hunger games option is fun because everyone starts at the same time and it is a scramble. It would be nice to have a set of servers that start at the beginning of the month and last a month long before reset or maybe ones that start Jan 1 and go a year and get reset.  Anyway, my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, ArkRage said:

I just want a mode with pvp and pve somehow merged together. Maybe still be able to kill dinos/players but not destroy their base. I'd be happy with that lol.

Because it hurts more seeing my builds get destroyed. ???

>build a giant Thatch box

>be unkillable because no structures destruction

47 minutes ago, George553 said:

We gave up on the pvp boxes because it was just too hard to get any kind of foothold. The pc hunger games option is fun because everyone starts at the same time and it is a scramble. It would be nice to have a set of servers that start at the beginning of the month and last a month long before reset or maybe ones that start Jan 1 and go a year and get reset.  Anyway, my 2 cents.

Extinction servers are for you mate

Nice to hear we aren't alone in this type of b.s.  The dudes that wiped us, wiped the entire server alliance as well, despite the main alpha having tek tier.  I had never seen any of these guys on the server previously.  They were very high lvl players, 97, 102, 94...ect, two rock golems, a couple of gigas, brontos...ect.  They just kept coming too (endless rocket launchers!).  It sucks losing our base....again, but we literally didn't have anything (no mastercraft or ascendant anything) since we lost all that from separate raid on scorched.  They were just as$hol3s about it too, killed all of our tames b/c they were mad about not getting anything good.  I' m glad I killed a couple of them and our indoor turrets and hundreds of plant X made it a huge pain in the ass for them, with, literally zero payoff.  I think my tribe and I may take your suggestion on here and play on a mix of Player Dedicated, Non-Dedicated.  As I have said before, sooner rather than later, there will be only the incredibly strong multi-server alpha alliance douchebags playing official.  Everyone else are just going to quit.  Not exactly a great business model WC.

39 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

You're missing my point tho.. Idc about destroying people's bases or raiding them, but if they wanna piss me off and build around me or kite poop to my base then at least I can kill them and their dinos?

You kill 1 or 2, maybe 10, maybe more. But then eventually they will build Turret towers around your base that you cannot destroy effectively locking you inside your own base.

Nice to hear we aren't alone in this type of b.s.  The dudes that wiped us, wiped the entire server alliance as well, despite the main alpha having tek tier.  I had never seen any of these guys on the server previously.  They were very high lvl players, 97, 102, 94...ect, two rock golems, a couple of gigas, brontos...ect.  They just kept coming too (endless rocket launchers!).  It sucks losing our base....again, but we literally didn't have anything (no mastercraft or ascendant anything) since we lost all that from separate raid on scorched.  They were just as$hol3s about it too, killed all of our tames b/c they were mad about not getting anything good.  I' m glad I killed a couple of them and our indoor turrets and hundreds of plant X made it a huge pain in the ass for them, with, literally zero payoff.  I think my tribe and I may take your suggestion on here and play on a mix of Player Dedicated, Non-Dedicated.  As I have said before, sooner rather than later, there will be only the incredibly strong multi-server alpha alliance douchebags playing official.  Everyone else are just going to quit.  Not exactly a great business model WC.

That's why they have multiple game modes with more enroute, just because officials aren't for you doesn't mean WC has a bad business model.. 

Why do you assume that they raided you for stuff and not for... PvP?

I mean. How weird that someone on PvP would raid for...this weird thing called PvP...

We had a mega tribe alliance come to our server as well (although we did a lot to piss them off lol) but they never stopped. One morning we killed 22 Brontos , like 12 Rock golems and all kinds of other stuff , they were back the next morning with more stuff like it didn't matter. Gets real tiring defending the base after a while too , at least they got off easy wiping you. In the end they only got in the base after that flew in on max speed pteras (surprise huh) when we had the Dino pen gate open , even with interior turrets it didn't matter they barrel rolled the wires too quickly and one guy in our tribe whistled aggro (ughhhh)  in the end I think unless you basically built on a glitch spot you will be raided at some point. There are good servers out there but it's just a matter of time until you meet your reaper 

1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

That's why they have multiple game modes with more enroute, just because officials aren't for you doesn't mean WC has a bad business model.. 

WC made one of the best games in history. Officials suck something I can't say but luckily there are other options. And I can't wait till more choices come out. Officials will officially die after that lol. 

I can see the alphas now. "That's not fair, there is nobody here to kill" ?

Then they will want to come to the other modes and when they do everyone will leave and go to officials. Sorry guys, nobody wants to play with you anymore ?

6 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

WC made one of the best games in history. Officials suck something I can't say but luckily there are other options. And I can't wait till more choices come out. Officials will officially die after that lol. 

I can see the alphas now. "That's not fair, there is nobody here to kill" ?

Then they will want to come to the other modes and when they do everyone will leave and go to officials. Sorry guys, nobody wants to play with you anymore ?

For sure.. I've "survived" on officials but once pve gets some more tlc I'll probably head that way,  or primal survival... who knows,  the best part about ark is all the options we have ?

I feel the current alphas will get bored/complacent and new ones will rise, it's a cyclic type of thing.. Their are a few "nice" servers out there too, they're just hard to find. 

Just now, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

For sure.. I've "survived" on officials but once pve gets some more tlc I'll probably head that way,  or primal survival... who knows,  the best part about ark is all the options we have ?

I feel the current alphas will get bored/complacent and new ones will rise, it's a cyclic type of thing.. Their are a few "nice" servers out there too, they're just hard to find. 

If they leave then yes. But if there wasn't an official wipe then the same alphas will stay the same or they will leave out of boredom. 

Correction. If you are talking alphas and not megas, then yes they will be over thrown. Now if you are talking megas, then no they would have to leave. 

I cant wait for primal to come out. Officials will be dead after that lol

Archived