Linux -automanagedmods *FIX*

I struggled for 2 days to get -automanagedmods to work and finally found a solution. I tried everything from Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini settings to command line options and every time i ran with -automanagedmods option in the command line i would get a Segfault and what appeared to be a windows path error. I also ran the SteamCMDinstall.sh and tried manually installing different steamcmd versions in the /Engine/Binaries/SteamCMD/Linux (if i recall) folder to no avail. It appears that being in a certain folder when you launch the ShooterGame (weather in a bash script or systemctl service) is required. running it from /home/steam/arkserver/server_start.sh failed. running it as a service failed. BUT if i type "cd /home/steam/arkserver/ShooterGame/Saved/Logs" before launching, it doesn't crash, and it updates both the server and the mods... This is completely baffling to me and i dont understand what the difference is between being in a certain directory is when you launch the game but that's my solution. Works every time. Somebody please pass this on to the developers so they can narrow down the problem and patch it.

• 3 weeks later...

I would personally require a fix for existing tools - having to install third party software to the server to do something that the ark server is supposed to do on its own adds an unwanted layer of complexity. 

Everything was working smoothly, scripted updates and restarts for all my servers, now nothing works. The only thing that works is manually uploading the mods from my pc to the server using FTP like some sort of savage. 

15 hours ago, ONEadmin said:

You sound like you are on a crusade against things that work.  ark-server-tools work and provide flexibility and convenience. Suffer like a savage if you must, or try something different, you might even get a different result like a working mod update system.

Lol, more like a crusade against things that worked fine for months, and now suddenly it's causing me trouble.

However seeing that my server is segfaulting after the latest update, I might set up a test server to see how ark-server-tools work.  Do you have examples of getting multiple instances (island, center and scorch) up and running on the same server with clustering? 

Unfortunately I don't, I only run the single server now, but I did run two last year.  The server still use the same ini files for settings etc, ark manager just has configs to override things in them like ports, passwords etc. 

The issues on the git hub are a good place to look for examples, but I dont think it can fix a seg fault...

8 hours ago, ONEadmin said:

Unfortunately I don't, I only run the single server now, but I did run two last year.  The server still use the same ini files for settings etc, ark manager just has configs to override things in them like ports, passwords etc. 

The issues on the git hub are a good place to look for examples, but I dont think it can fix a seg fault...

Did a clean install of ark server manager, installed ark and tried to start the server.

Of the 11 mods I run on the server, only 1 downloaded and installed. 

Checking for update; PID: 11787
The server is already stopped
Updating mod 554678442
Mod 554678442 updated
Updating mod 557147187
Mod 557147187 updated
Updating mod 566885854
Mod 566885854 updated
Updating mod 566887000
Mod 566887000 updated
Updating mod 677673057
Mod 677673057 updated
Updating mod 680481868
Mod 680481868 updated
Updating mod 725398419
Mod 725398419 updated
Updating mod 813463849
Mod 813463849 updated
Updating mod 845855498
Mod 845855498 updated
Updating mod 877596905
Mod 877596905 updated

ls -al ark/ShooterGame/Content/Mods/
total 28
drwxrwxr-x  5 steam steam 4096 May 25 07:18 .
drwxrwxr-x 22 steam steam 4096 May 13 20:09 ..
drwxrwxr-x  3 steam steam 4096 May 24 23:05 111111111
-rwxrwxr-x  1 steam steam  273 May 24 22:53 111111111.mod
drwxrwxr-x 10 steam steam 4096 May 25 07:18 731604991
-rw-rw-r--  1 steam steam  317 May 25 07:18 731604991.mod
drwxrwxr-x  5 steam steam 4096 May 24 23:05 TheCenter

steam@ARK:~$ arkmanager installmod 877596905
Running command 'installmod' for instance 'main'
Downloading mod 877596905 ... Mod 877596905 was not successfully downloaded

Alright,

I finally got everything to work (except clustering - WIP)

If anyone is interested in the process, I will give a quick summary.

Did a release update on server from trusty to xenial
Removed all traces of steamcmd
Reinstalled steamcmd using apt-get
Created symlink to steamcmd like so: ln -s /usr/games/steamcmd steamcmd
Ran steamcmd to finish install
Set the  following /etc/arkmanager/arkmanager.cfg > steamcmdroot="/home/steam/.steam/steamcmd" 

Now all mods download and install correctly.

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2017 at 8:02 PM, sshanee said:

It appears that being in a certain folder when you launch the ShooterGame (weather in a bash script or systemctl service) is required. running it from /home/steam/arkserver/server_start.sh failed. running it as a service failed. BUT if i type "cd /home/steam/arkserver/ShooterGame/Saved/Logs" before launching, it doesn't crash, and it updates both the server and the mods...

I was practically beating my head against a wall for hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get a new install of the ARK server on CentOS 7 to start downloading mods or bind ports, until I read this. For some ridiculous reason, if you CD to the logs folder before starting the server, it works fine...

Many thanks for the post. I don't think I ever would have figured that out if I hadn't found this. ;)

The server is still only binding the RCON port for some reason, but at least it started downloading mods.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived