Everything You Want To Know About v257/v754/v507!

Jen

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I truly appreciate this new Everything you want to know idea!

But, I'd truly lile some more detailed information sometimes. UI changes, what exactly? Was the font changed? Colors changed? And so on. It's not the only thing, but an example. I'm sure I'll notice the changes once I check the game out after this update, haven't done it quite yet.

Anyway, looking forward to all the new creatures!

Anyone know yet how to fix player levels if you had high max player levels before the update? Before we had 680 max players level on my servers.. now they log in to level 1 with 680 points to spend but can level all the way to 2551 now.. xp was set at max 10199500 now they can reach over 41 million xp but everything in my ini still shows the 10199500 value.. has this happened to anyone else with high player levels?

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Talk about a load of crap right there. Everyone on the official server i play on that is between lvl 100 and 105 has been knocked back to lvl 100. 

Well yes it was poorly written and caused some confusion.

But, if you take a second to read it properly and break it down then you would clearly see what it actually meant. Let me break it down for you.

"You won't lose your levels, experience, or Tek engrams, unless you were above 105 which your level will be reset to 100."

Now lets take a look at the coloured bits. Where it says "above 105", well first thing comes to mind, official cap was at 105, so nobody on official servers would be above 105. That would be your first warning sign that something isn't quite right. Then we look at "reset to 100", well if there were higher levels than 105 and people were at 106 for example, would it make sense that anyone on 106 would reset to 100 but anyone on 105 would not? No. Again, second warning sign something isn't right.

I can understand it may have lead to some confusion, but if you take a second to break it down and read it then it becomes clear what they actually meant. And even if it still didn't become clear then it would be silly to assume it actually meant "above 105" when the official cap IS 105.

I agree that the new engram list is.... confusing to say the least. I like that they are per level, but somehow it doesn't quite work for me. Though I'm sure I'll get used to it as I did to the tekky UI overall. Not a fan of that either, but eh.

I'd personally like to be able to put all the mod-included engrams at the end of the lista s they used to be, as that would, to me, cause less confusion.

8 hours ago, Hype365 said:

Making them a normal tame would defeat the purpose.. they are intended to give you a TEMPORARY buff to loot drops, not a permanent one...

i thought there intended... purpose was to breath underwater like diplocaulaus but instead of not being good incombat be able to perform combat aswell... it didn't see anything in the dossier about boosting loot qaulity or anything.... so im dissapointed about the lio thing i hope eventualy they'd be a option similar to the titanosaur aswell to enable it for singleplayer gameplay i mean i think the treassure hunting idea is neat but only to be a temporary tame.... ehh and not to mention there is jellyfish and electric eels that can mess with it... and giant squids probely can grab it.... ehh.... probely would get ruined with that said.

6 hours ago, Vas said:

Everything you need to know about 257: Engram list is now horrible.

it s better than ever..your complaints, I found them in another thread are really stupid, no offense. Also, really selfish: you don t want to see saddles cause you are a builder, so I guess nobody has to see saddles beacuse you are a builder...well guess what...not everyone has the same opinion as you.....

3 hours ago, Voidstar said:

it s better than ever..your complaints, I found them in another thread are really stupid, no offense. Also, really selfish: you don t want to see saddles cause you are a builder, so I guess nobody has to see saddles beacuse you are a builder...well guess what...not everyone has the same opinion as you.....

An easier solution instead of insulting people is for wildcard to add a checkbox to show\hide saddles. It would be super easy to add it to the engram page since they already have ways to sort just tek or SE engrams. 

In the future try and contribute something constructive to the discussion instead of acting like someone insulted your old lady.

2 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

An easier solution instead of insulting people is for wildcard to add a checkbox to show\hide saddles. It would be super easy to add it to the engram page since they already have ways to sort just tek or SE engrams. 

In the future try and contribute something constructive to the discussion instead of acting like someone insulted your old lady.

read the other thread, I actually offered a solution there.

I find no insult in my post there sorry. If anything is insulting for you there, you might be a fragile snowflake...

I agree with you about constructive stuff though

I think the Lio should be made to where there are only special ones that spawn very rarely with the loot buff and then others that can be permanent that dont have the buff. Giant Bees are kinda dissapointing because I thought they were gonna be mobile small army makers with the strength of say Dilos or maybe Troodons and that the ability to make a beehive was really only optional and not the very first thing it says for you to do. Was also hoping the bees were shoulder mounts and would make drones around you to help you fight. The other two are fine in my opinion, Daeodons healing didnt need to be ridiculous and Kentro seems pretty well perfect. 

I was beyond excited for the bees and dont get me wrong I still am but I was expecting more.

@Jen @Jat I noticed on this update and also the update coming on may 30th it has the "a little further out" part still there. It always says more creatures. I am hoping that with the may 30th patch the last five Dino's are actually the last 5.

pretty much my question is, it the little further out part a copy and paste or is there still more creatures?

i hope there is not. I can't wait for optimizations. Btw, keep up the good work. You guys are doing awesome. No complaints from me.

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

@Jen @Jat I noticed on this update and also the update coming on may 30th it has the "a little further out" part still there. It always says more creatures. I am hoping that with the may 30th patch the last five Dino's are actually the last 5.

pretty much my question is, it the little further out part a copy and paste or is there still more creatures?

i hope there is not. I can't wait for optimizations. Btw, keep up the good work. You guys are doing awesome. No complaints from me.

I mean we still have the Phoenix and Lamprey sitting in the dev kit, so it's possible that they just will put the primary focus on optimizations and bug fixes, and extra tames may be something they come up with in their "spare" time as new content, though with secondary importance

11 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

I mean we still have the Phoenix and Lamprey sitting in the dev kit, so it's possible that they just will put the primary focus on optimizations and bug fixes, and extra tames may be something they come up with in their "spare" time as new content, though with secondary importance

I could live with that. I just think at this point we have enough Dino's and optimizations should be the priority before more Dino's are made up lol

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived