Everything You Want To Know About v257/v754/v507!

Jen

Hey there Survivors!

Since my last post like this was well received I thought I'd bring you another one just like it for this release. Here's what is in patch v257 (and console v754/v507)!

New Dinos!

Giant Bee:

• The Giant Queen Bee is a passive tame that prefers Ichthyornis Kibble (1 Rare Flower, 1 Savoroot, 2 Mejoberries, 3 Fiber) or Rare Flowers to tame.
  • Once you locate a hive, you must destroy the hive in order to get to the Queen Bee. 
  • The hive and the Queen Bee will spawn Giant Bees to protect itself.
  • Once tamed, you can convert the Queen Bee into a Beehive which you can then place down and harvest honey from.
  • Use rare flowers to 'power' the beehive.
  • Wear bug repellent or ghillie armour to stop the bees from attacking you.
  • Honey works as bait for attracting nearby creatures.
  • Honey calms aggressive Leeds. Toss it in the water and make your escape!

Daeodon:

• Prefers Iguanodon Kibble (1 Rare Mushroom, 1 Cooked Prime Jerky, 2 Mejoberries, 3 Fiber) or Meat to tame.
  • Secondary attack creates a healing aura around the Daeodon (represented on screen by a green circle). 
  • The healing aura causes the Daeodon to consume food at a rapid pace.

Liopleurodon:

• Prefers Giant Bee Honey to tame.
  • The Liopleurodon is a temporary tame that lasts 30 minutes.
  • The Liopleurodon buffs underwater loot crates, providing the player with even better loot than is possible without it's special powers.
  • At the end of the 30 minutes, the Liopleurodon disappears.
  • No saddle is required to ride this creature. 

Kentrosaurus:

• Prefers Compy Kibble, Savoroot, or Mejoberries to tame.
  • Not rideable.
  • The Kentro can impale smaller creatures on it's large tail spikes and then thrash them around while impaled. 
  • It can also impale players. 

New TEK!

Tek Cloning Chamber:

• Spend element shards to duplicate your creatures.
  • Crafted in the Tek Replicator and powered by the Tek Generator.
  • You can speed up the cloning process on your unofficial server using the BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier.

Tek Megalodon Saddle:

• Press CTRL to equip the gun while riding the Megalodon, and fire with left click while Element is in the Megalodon’s inventory to power it. 
  • You must know the engram in order to use this saddle.
  • Crafted in the Tek Replicator.

Tek Turret:

• This turret uses Element Shards as ammunition.
  • The turret has many options the player can choose to set such as: warning time, max/min creature target level, and exclude/include creature classes.

Tek Grenade:

• When tossed at a target, this grenade can stick to the target and will explode after 5 seconds.
  • You must know the engram in order to use this Tek.

TEK Cave & Volcano:

• The Alpha, Beta, and Gamma trophies for the three bosses (Dragon, Megapithecus, and Broodmother) in addition to all Alpha items are required to open the cave entrance. The trophies are rewarded for beating the Alpha (hard), Beta (medium), and Gamma (easy) level bosses. 
  • Choose one of the three difficulties based on the trophies. For example, the three Gamma level boss trophies will allow you to enter the Tek Cave at the Gamma (easy) difficulty. 
  • Up to 10 players and 50 creatures can enter the cave at once time. No tames can leave the cave once they enter.
  • This cave is designed to be end-game content, and is very difficult to complete. Only the most advanced Survivors should attempt this.
  • The Volcano itself has been redesigned with flowing lava and extreme temperatures. 

"Ascension" Game Progression:

• By defeating the cave at the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma level you will be rewarded with additional player levels (up to +15).
  • Your Ascension level is indicated on your Implant.
  • This is not the completed, final form of Ascension quite yet.

The Center Mega-Update!

• Giant new ocean expansion.
  • Added missing dinos.
  • Improvement to current bosses/element and addition of Dragon Boss.
  • Added Explorer Notes.
  • Lots of random bugs fixed and map fixes.

Other!

• Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes!
  • Full Gamepad input pass (i.e. console gamepad functionality)
  • More UI overhauls!
  • New Hairstyle and Facial Hair! Braids and Curly Beard.
  • 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational!
  • New Alpha Megalodon!
  • New Alpha item drops for all alpha creatures: Alpha Mosasaur Tooth, Alpha Tuso Eye, Alpha Rex Tooth, Alpha Raptor Claw, Alpha Megalodon Fin, Alpha Leeds Blubber, Alpha Carno Arm.
  • Engram Tree revamp. Engrams are now reworked to be awarded for every level. There is a forced respec and max level is now 100 (before Ascension). You won't lose your levels, experience, or Tek engrams, unless you were above 100 which your level will be reset to 100. 
  • New Emote! A Survivor using this emote is clearly up to something evil.
  • Anglers now harvest silica pearls with their bite attack.
  • New creature sounds for the: Carno, Direbear, Bronto, Saber, Scorpion, Giga, Dragon, Broodmother, and Megapithecus.
  • Fixed issue with Cave spawns not functioning properly in singleplayer.

New Spawn Commands:

Dino Spawn Commands:
cheat spawndino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Daeodon/Daeodon_Character_BP.Daeodon_Character_BP'" 300 0 0 1
cheat spawndino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Bee/Bee_Character_BP.Bee_Character_BP'" 300 0 0 1
cheat spawndino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Bee/Bee_Queen_Character_BP.Bee_Queen_Character_BP'" 300 0 0 1
cheat spawndino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Liopleurodon/Liopleurodon_Character_BP.Liopleurodon_Character_BP'" 300 0 0 1
cheat spawndino "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/Kentrosaurus/Kentro_Character_BP.Kentro_Character_BP'" 300 0 0 1

Saddle:
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Saddles/PrimalItemArmor_DaeodonSaddle.PrimalItemArmor_DaeodonSaddle'" 1 0 0

TEK:
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/BuildingBases/PrimalItemStructure_TekCloningChamber.PrimalItemStructure_TekCloningChamber'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_TurretTek.PrimalItemStructure_TurretTek'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_TekGrenade.PrimalItem_TekGrenade'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Saddles/PrimalItemArmor_MegalodonSaddle_Tek.PrimalItemArmor_MegalodonSaddle_Tek'" 1 0 0

TEK Engrams Unlock:
cheat unlockengram "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/BuildingBases/PrimalItemStructure_TekCloningChamber.PrimalItemStructure_TekCloningChamber'" | cheat unlockengram "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Misc/PrimalItemStructure_TurretTek.PrimalItemStructure_TurretTek'" | cheat unlockengram "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Weapons/PrimalItem_TekGrenade.PrimalItem_TekGrenade'" |cheat unlockengram "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Saddles/PrimalItemArmor_MegalodonSaddle_Tek.PrimalItemArmor_MegalodonSaddle_Tek'"

New Kibble:
cheat Giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_Kibble_IchthyornisEgg.PrimalItemConsumable_Kibble_IchthyornisEgg'" 1 0 0
cheat GiveItem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_Kibble_IguanodonEgg.PrimalItemConsumable_Kibble_IguanodonEgg'" 1 0 0

New Items:
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Consumables/PrimalItemConsumable_Honey.PrimalItemConsumable_Honey'" 1 0 0
cheat giveItem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_Iguanodon.PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_Iguanodon'" 1 0 0
cheat giveItem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Test/PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_Ichthyornis.PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_Ichthyornis'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Alpha'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Beta'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Broodmother_Gamma'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Alpha'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Beta'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Gorilla_Gamma'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Alpha.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Alpha'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Beta.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Beta'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Trophies/PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Gamma.PrimalItemTrophy_Dragon_Gamma'" 1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaLeeds.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaLeeds'"1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMegalodon.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMegalodon'"1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMosasaur.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaMosasaur'"1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRaptor'"1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaRex'"1 0 0
cheat giveitem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Resources/PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaTuso.PrimalItemResource_ApexDrop_AlphaTuso'"1 0 0

:Jerblove:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jen said:

Engram Tree revamp. Engrams are now reworked to be awarded for every level. There is a forced respec and max level is now 100 (before Ascension). You won't lose your levels, experience, or Tek engrams, unless you were above 105 which your level will be reset to 100.

Huh....(glad, yet again, I only play on unofficial/modded servers.) But speaking of, how does that affect unofficials, especially those that go well beyond level 100? Are we all screwed and are reset back to 100?

Also, since you have reworked engrams, have you added functionality to the UI? Like sorting, showing only unlearned/learned, adding a learn all button, etc?

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, KoleBigEars said:

Huh....(glad, yet again, I only play on unofficial/modded servers.) But speaking of, how does that affect unofficials, especially those that go well beyond level 100? Are we all screwed and are reset back to 100?

Also, since you have reworked engrams, have you added functionality to the UI? Like sorting, showing only unlearned/learned, adding a learn all button, etc?

There are toggles to show unlearned, island, scorched, and tek engrams. Furthermore, choosing to learn an engram will also unlock prerequisite engrams if you had not unlocked them prior (so long as you have the engram points to spare).

44 minutes ago, KoleBigEars said:

So far, one of my (low level) unofficial servers, I was reset back to level one. This will be painful for the servers I play on at level 1000....(already takes forever to place points/learn engrams...) No update yet on how those servers handle the over 100 portion.

44 minutes ago, KoleBigEars said:

The text is ridiculously large when you learn something...makes it hard to see if you're trying to learn engrams fast.

20170505184931_1.jpg

Just now, Hype365 said:

Making them a normal tame would defeat the purpose.. they are intended to give you a TEMPORARY buff to loot drops, not a permanent one...

I don't particularly care as I'm not interested in their ability at all; I'm interested in just playing the game and having a small collection of one of my favorite extinct animals.

I'm perfectly fine with them balancing the game as they like, but if possible more options for unofficials are fantastic.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
17 minutes ago, uhdog81 said:

Is anyone else having trouble with starting unofficial servers after the update? Mine keeps crashing with and without mods, and I'm seeing others post on Reddit with the same issues...

Jat stated on his twitter that Linux servers have a problem, will release hotfix soon.

That is, if you are on Linux...

@Jen @Jat 

Just FYI I had something on the side of the volcano  outside of the barrier and it was destroyed by the volcano update, and yet things for other people that were inside the barrier  were not destroyed.  This same thing happened with the snow biome update, I had a base well outside the barrier and it was blown up.  Please make your barriers accurate in the future.  I was built with stuff at least 12 tiles away from the barrier and you guys still destroyed everything.  It looks like the side of the volc was remodeled where my base was even though it was outside of the barrier.

Though I'm not overly urked about it t is still troublesome that you guys have programmers redesigning and yet they aren't able to communicate to you, to communicate to your customer base, the changes they have made.  This is the kinda thing that makes people lose faith in WC.

So FWIW, take it as you will :)

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Would like to know as well, because no one will do this if it's the case.

Otherwise excited for update :D

Your survivor is reset to level 1 with your pointed refunded.  If you were level 100 you have 99 points to spend.  Basically free mindwipe.  Your survivor does not die making you lose anything or anything like that.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived