[Official servers] The big questions of advanced Ark players(!?)

Massmerize

Hey fellow survivors,

I got some advanced questions which mightneed some testing or even better: validated sources like dev comments, wiki entries, proven screenshots or else,

The following questions are regardless of PVE/PVP:

• How many different (colour) mutations are there and what are they? Answer:
  • What's the exact purpose of the "patrilinear" & "matrilinear" mutation display in a bred dino's family tree (as it can be 26/20 for example)? Answer:

The following questions are regarding PVE:

Can a tamed enraged Giga do damage on:

• structures/dinos of your own tribe? Answer: All it does in pve is go agressive, and if you happen to stand next to a wild dino your gig might hit you while attacking the wild creature
  • structures/dinos of an allied tribe? Answer: All it does in pve is go agressive, and if you happen to stand next to a wild dino your gig might hit you while attacking the wild creature
  • structures/dinos of a other tribe? Answer: All it does in pve is go agressive, and if you happen to stand next to a wild dino your gig might hit you while attacking the wild creature

Can a wild Titan do damage on:

• structures/dinos of your own tribe? Answer:
  • structures/dinos of an allied tribe? Answer:
  • structures/dinos of a other tribe? Answer:

My plan is, as you might be able to determine yourself, to get all this answers displayed up here for everybody.
If you have BIG questions which aren't explained in the official wiki I can add them. In order to decide which questions to add, please UPVOTE the questions of other Survivors you want to have answered.
Invalid questions: When it the next patch coming? When are the flyers gonna be buffed again? etc.
Please provide answers short and easy with reliable sources so i can post them for everybody, and please upvote correct answers .

Best regards,
Massmerize

8 minutes ago, Massmerize said:

How many different (colour) mutations are there and what are they? Answer:

I'd say 56, the wiki at least says there are 56 different color codes for dino painting. Mind that color mutations aren't limited to bright neon colors. http://ark.gamepedia.com/Color_IDs

15 minutes ago, Massmerize said:

What's the exact purpose of the "patrilinear" & "matrilinear" mutation display in a bred dino's family tree (as it can be 26/20 for example)? Answer:

I don't know that exactly. I guess it's to figure out from whom the mutation came to replicate the effect? My pteras have 336/20 patrilineal mutations and 224/20 matrilineal mutations. They seem to add or multiply themself when inbreeding. 

12 minutes ago, Massmerize said:

Can a tamed enraged Giga do damage on:

structures/dinos of your own tribe? Answer:
structures/dinos of an allied tribe? Answer:
structures/dinos of a other tribe? Answer:

No for all. Only wild ones can, a tamed and raged Giga still counts as tamed. 

18 minutes ago, Massmerize said:

Can a wild Titan do damage on:

• structures/dinos of your own tribe? Answer:
  • structures/dinos of an allied tribe? Answer:
  • structures/dinos of a other tribe? Answer:

They used to be able to destroy stone while simply walking over those structures. I don't know if they still do. We live on herb island and there is a possible spawn for titans. Hope they don't. 

On 2017-05-05 at 7:14 AM, maze said:

They used to be able to destroy stone while simply walking over those structures. I don't know if they still do. We live on herb island and there is a possible spawn for titans. Hope they don't. 

They dont, long as they arnt aggroed to your tribe they wont damage your structures, however they can still injure your tames while trying to stomp on someone else which in turn can lead your dinos into the fight and your structures getting mushed. Iv seen them stomp all over peoples bases while wandering around, but they are still a ticking time bomb when you have dinos around, just waiting for some troll to come in and be a troublemaker.

26 minutes ago, Dracul said:

They dont, long as they arnt aggroed to your tribe they wont damage your structures, however they can still injure your tames while trying to stomp on someone else which in turn can lead your dinos into the fight and your structures getting mushed. Iv seen them stomp all over peoples bases while wandering around, but they are still a ticking time bomb when you have dinos around, just waiting for some troll to come in and be a troublemaker.

Kiting you say? I thought my spidey senses where tingling. xD

On 5/5/2017 at 7:14 AM, maze said:

I'd say 56, the wiki at least says there are 56 different color codes for dino painting. Mind that color mutations aren't limited to bright neon colors. http://ark.gamepedia.com/Color_IDs

I don't know that exactly. I guess it's to figure out from whom the mutation came to replicate the effect? My pteras have 336/20 patrilineal mutations and 224/20 matrilineal mutations. They seem to add or multiply themself when inbreeding. 

No for all. Only wild ones can, a tamed and raged Giga still counts as tamed. 

This is incorrect. If your tame Giganotosaurus enrages, it will damage and aggro on to friendly Dinosaurs and Players.

2 hours ago, maze said:

In PVE?

it doesnt in pve, all it does in pve is go agressive, and if you happen to stand next to a wild dino your gig might hit you while attacking the wild creature, ive enraged my gigas plenty of times, ive never had to run, they just stand around and do nothing when no dinos are around to hunt,

id love them to finally adress the "tailblock" issue, where the swinging tails of your own and wild dinos block, and can cause you and your tames to glitch through the ground,

aswell as the most annoying feature in ark the headturn, at least make it so i can switch that poop off, or so that the head cant stuck me, this feature was cute for 5 minutes and fromt then on out it was just an annoying hell

On 7.5.2017 at 11:18 AM, rawsh said:

id love them to finally adress the "tailblock" issue, where the swinging tails of your own and wild dinos block, and can cause you and your tames to glitch through the ground,

i definitly wanna second this
P.s: I've decided to add rawsh's answer regarding the giga to the main post. Any objections guys?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 5:18 AM, rawsh said:

aswell as the most annoying feature in ark the headturn, at least make it so i can switch that poop off, or so that the head cant stuck me, this feature was cute for 5 minutes and fromt then on out it was just an annoying hell

This...

Ive asked them for a "stop f***ing looking at me" whistle in the ark digest QnA thread. No answer yet.

On 05/05/2017 at 0:52 PM, Massmerize said:

Hey fellow survivors,

I got some advanced questions which mightneed some testing or even better: validated sources like dev comments, wiki entries, proven screenshots or else,

The following questions are regardless of PVE/PVP:

• What's the exact purpose of the "patrilinear" & "matrilinear" mutation display in a bred dino's family tree (as it can be 26/20 for example)? Answer:

Best regards,
Massmerize

I don't have a source for this except this excellent post from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/66n962/mutations_and_you_a_guide_on_breeding_mutations/

I don't agree with everything that's written there (I've never had a colour appear that didn't come from the parents for example, otherwise I would never be able to breed out a mutated colour on my terror birds, and I've never gotten a mutation that didn't show in a stat) and the writer also makes a disclaimer that it's not certain that everything is true. I do think most of it is true though, or more like, my experiences from breeding and mutations conforms with the thread starter's.

So, with that out of the way, I think that when you reach the 20/20 cap on both sides, the offspring won't get any new mutations. This is not confirmed however, so take it for what it is. I'm testing this atm with a pair of heavily inbred terror birds. If I ever get a result, I'll post on the forums about it.

23 minutes ago, TotallyUncool said:

I don't have a source for this except this excellent post from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/66n962/mutations_and_you_a_guide_on_breeding_mutations/

I don't agree with everything that's written there (I've never had a colour appear that didn't come from the parents for example, otherwise I would never be able to breed out a mutated colour on my terror birds, and I've never gotten a mutation that didn't show in a stat) and the writer also makes a disclaimer that it's not certain that everything is true. I do think most of it is true though, or more like, my experiences from breeding and mutations conforms with the thread starter's.

So, with that out of the way, I think that when you reach the 20/20 cap on both sides, the offspring won't get any new mutations. This is not confirmed however, so take it for what it is. I'm testing this atm with a pair of heavily inbred terror birds. If I ever get a result, I'll post on the forums about it.

Last paragraph isnt true. Ive had 100+ on both sides for my bears and they got a new colour mutation i didnt have (my own bred bears, not traded or been in / or from any other blood lines)

Archived