what price element?

Flay

I agree the element is more in demand and not easily extracted.
But let's say we have 20 rex on the red obelisk and we are a solo player.
and kill-farm only a spider on average difficulty.

This is the most optimal option for the solo player in my opinion.
Large tribes or more skilled players can get more and easier elements. Which significantly reduces the price. But we will start from the solo player.

The main currency in this form is the time to be calculated and converted into ingots.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Price check on aisle 5!

Seriously though, quite a bit... If you ran your marketing right, you'd make your own price for it.

Free random fertilized raptor egg with every purchase!

Two things game to mind after reading this post.

1) You need the engrams to use the element anyway right? So most people that are in need of element are people whom have a hard time beating the bosses.

2) Tek guns/Tek rex makes mince meat of tek structures, So much so that our tribe has reverted the majority of our tek structures back to metal because you its easier to defend then tek. Yes i know i can encase the tek in a metal outer shell however that means more structures and unless we get a 5000 structure limit increase its simply not something we can achieve unless leaving more dinos out in the open to be grief ed.

With all this being said my ingot to Element ratio would only be about 5-1 maybe pushing 10-1 if i was in desperate need of a new tek shield or something.

Edit: I would say you would have a better chance selling an item say a tek transmitter or something for 3x the materials it costs to make it rather then selling per element.

12 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

5:1? Really? I expected something like 5000:1, if not more.

Like i said you need the engrams to be able to use the tek stuff. If you have a tribe of 10-20 farming the boss will be no problems if you can be on at the same time and your also needing everyone in the tribe to be able to use the Transmitter, Shield and the Teleporter  and soon the tek turrets and tek grenades.

It is not set up so once someone crafts the Rex Tek helmet everyone can use it you have to actually beat the boss to be able to use it. That is why people that are using tek are doing the bosses them self because the people actually doing the bosses need to get 100+ people in their tribe up. In the end everyone in your tribe needs to do the bosses them selves to be able to use the functions of the tek engrams.

Edit: In saying all this i may just have an active enough tribe that we do a dragon boss once every 2-3 days to keep our element supply high. So it could be worth alot more then what i would value it at.

Think about all the time and effort going into-

taming a good m and f rex

breeding them and raising them multiple times

getting good saddles

Getting everything for summoning bosses

then actually fighting the boss

plus the factor that it can all be lost, I don't think you can really put a price on element.

BUT

once you have all the Rex's and saddles, you can probably fight a boss every hour. And without the engram it's useless, so the value is probably not that high. I'd still pay 500 ingots per element though

Do not tell me that it's terribly hard.
this is not true.
Buy 2-4 eggs on the forum for 10.000-40.000 ingots. later grow at least 50% of the attachment of 20 reks is not so difficult.
Buy a recipe for a saddle, or do it from those who provide such a service.
I do not even take them into account. Any self-respecting non-novice has 20 rexes for a long time.

I would not take into account the Rex when calculating the price.

well we have:
5:1 (10:1)
25:1
500:1

How much do you appreciate the time to extract artifacts + fight + your mark-up for a rarity?

1 hour ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Squids trying to pilfer cheap element. :D

Nah  i got about 2-3 vaults full currently that is why i think my view on the matter may be skewed and after the big fight on my official server we realized how weak tek is vs tek. Tek behe gates = lose base pretty much.

1 hour ago, Flay said:

i talk about trade tek transmiter (yes need engram) and gates/doors (no need engram).

many players want just doors.

I personally have never tried to place a tek structure with out the engram. As far as my understanding is you can not place them if you do not have the engram its self right?

If this is not the case then yea you could make a fortune on element because people would love to have the doors and gates.

Also i see you posted about dino trading VS element, 

A dino is the most valuable resource in this game you enter an agreement with the seller that you will not sell any of their dinos however you are allowed to breed them your self.  

I think its a great idea i just do not see it being worth but again as i said earlier in this post i got nearly 3 vaults full of Element. I have to remember that there are smaller tribes that may never be able to do bosses but can farm metal like a machine.

yes for place and use doors/gates/beghimots no need engrams. i buy it and place/use before unlock engrams.

and you talk about pvp, im play on pve where trade is simpler.

I think that on PVP servers the price of the element should be higher. Because in addition to getting it, you also need to protect yourself and the dino. On pve everything is simpler: put the dino and no one will hurt them.

Back to the original question:
How would you rate 1 element in metal bars?
For example you buy Beghimots gates (60 elements), how much you would  resources.
Maybe someone else will share their vision of this question?

5 minutes ago, Flay said:

yes for place and use doors/gates/beghimots no need engrams. i buy it and place/use before unlock engrams.

and you talk about pvp, im play on pve where trade is simpler.

I think that on PVP servers the price of the element should be higher. Because in addition to getting it, you also need to protect yourself and the dino. On pve everything is simpler: put the dino and no one will hurt them.

Ohh haha ofc man 1 track mind totally thought pvp only. Yea dude i can see now where your coming from.

9 minutes ago, Beatnick667 said:

Do you troll every topic looking to pick apart someone?  Even your sad little insult at the bottom of all your messages screams King troll.  Good job, with your level of armchair commando, bravery and manliness drips off like diarrhea.?

That is not how i read it and it was directed at me. Do you feel good for trying to make him feel bad about something that you misinterpreted?

Clearly a joke not a troll...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

:)

3 hours ago, Beatnick667 said:

Do you troll every topic looking to pick apart someone?  Even your sad little insult at the bottom of all your messages screams King troll.  Good job, with your level of armchair commando, bravery and manliness drips off like diarrhea.?

Way to show the joke went right over your head... Maybe this conversation is a bit out of your age bracket.

I personally wouldn't accept anything less than ~1k ingots per Element. I know that seems like a hard bargain, but you don't exactly reap huge amounts of the stuff each time you fight the boss, and there is significant resource expenditure each time you fight. You also need it all the time for TEK Gear, so you're basically trading away your capability to use some end-game level content, and that to me is extremely valuable.

Using your example of a Behemoth gate, you'd be looking in the ballpark of 15-20k Metal. That's just for the gate, though, not including the actual doorway. I'd probably skim a little more toward 15k since we're trading bulk, but I'm definitely not going any lower than that

Archived