pvp Rise of Nations Extinction RPPvP [4xTa,3xGa,3xExp] Active Community | Discord

RiseofNationsRP

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Potrock said:

You should consider using Valhalla, in my experience it's a lot more interesting to roleplay on.

Thing is, if the mod ever gets removed from the workshop, RIP server.

We just watched a mod get removed from the workshop by steam themselves. Mod owner had to deal with support on getting it back up.

Just now, CoryOrth said:

Thing is, if the mod ever gets removed from the workshop, RIP server.

We just watched a mod get removed from the workshop by steam themselves. Mod owner had to deal with support on getting it back up.

Valhalla has been around for ages, I don't think it's going anywhere and backups would work too :P

5 minutes ago, Potrock said:

Valhalla has been around for ages, I don't think it's going anywhere and backups would work too :P

Backups wouldn't really matter if the mod randomly vanished. If the mod vanished noone would be able to join the server. So you'd be updating a mod that doesn't exist anymore. We had to wipe when a mod author got in a hissy fit and removed their mod from the workshop.

Just now, CoryOrth said:

Backups wouldn't really matter if the mod randomly vanished. If the mod vanished noone would be able to join the server. So you'd be updating a mod that doesn't exist anymore. We had to wipe when a mod author got in a hissy fit and removed their mod from the workshop.

So there's more of a risk running Valhalla then running the hair mod?

Just now, Potrock said:

So there's more of a risk running Valhalla then running the hair mod?

The hair mod is clean. We vet all of our mods heavily before adding them. I do massive backups between mod updates to make sure the author doesn't derp and add in an item.

The biggest culprits of corruption are stacks mods (Especially food stacks or anything you can consume, like poop). Or mods that change existing objects. Or mods that add creatures. 

Most things can be easily vetted by going into single player and using the items from the mod. Then exit, remove the mod from the list. Then try and rejoin.  If the items vanish. then you're good :). If it errors out, your world is corrupted and RIP. 

12 hours ago, CoryOrth said:

Feel free to pop on and we'll sort this out Mdorty, sorry that happened to you, and i'm glad there are logs. I'll be having a chat the the opposing group and letting them know that this is not something that is allowed on our server..

Not to be a stickler, but it's probably best to PM me with these sortof things.

Just wanted to follow this up, Cory/Alpheus came over to my base and reimbursed me for my losses :)  Thanks again, Alpheus.

Screenshot with my new buddies: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=653747441

If you're having issues joining the server please be sure to let us know. We will be more than happy to walk you through fixing the issue. And if the issue is on our end we will do our best to sort it it out so you can join us.

Also, I will be adding some event stuff to this post so people can see what we got planned for the new caves. Just need screenshots is all :).

Servers up right now with the new update!

As always though, with new updates that add new dinos, dont join right away, as I will be doing a wild dino butcher. This causes massive lag that makes the server unplayable for about 8 minutes or so. This will put the new dinos in the system and ready to be added to your collection :D. 

On 1/22/2016 at 5:58 PM, CoryOrth said:

Selling both creatures and high end items alike for reasonable prices. If you make your way to the shop on the southern side of the facility you will find a shop withcontainers full of notes and the materials needed to craft some of the highest end items onthe island.Please read the signs posted up so you can find out how to engage properly with the shop and find yourself in posession of a new shiny toy.

It's a pvp server. But you should read the rules before considering raiding. As this is not a pure raiding server. 

18 hours ago, dback00 said:

How does the PVP aspect work on this server? I took a hatchet to a neighbors wooden wall yesterday and it didn't seem to do any damage.

If you want a tribe I'm busy recruiting. We're along the North East river at the twins. 

We RP as a small militia-like tribe, and our tribe name is the 3rd Dakar regiment. I'm off till Wednesday though, BC holiday. 

Archived