pvp Rise of Nations Extinction RPPvP [4xTa,3xGa,3xExp] Active Community | Discord

RiseofNationsRP

YetAnotherUpdate(:P):
So the mod worked. it removed all the berries and raw meats, but I think I found the main culprit of the corruption. Custom recipes. Everytime I try to enter a storage container with a custom recipe, or a custom cooked food, it crashes my game. So the plan has gotten a bit more complicated. I will have to go around and find each shelf or cooking pot with a custom recipe in it manually. The good thing is, not many people use this feature. Thank god. Once removed completely, I will be trying to start the server up once again, and this time it will boot. But this is a long long long affair and could take all hours. But goddamn it I will fix this. I as a player know what it's like to lose everything to a pointless wipe. My hope was to find an item ID for custom recipes. But unfortunately it doesnt look like one exists... :(. I'll get back to you guys asap with updates. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:
I just got locked out of the server due to the same failed to install mod map now. So it looks like a rollback is required. Sorry guys. I'm gonna try and load up the backup I took before I installed the mod and see how that works.

I will be doing a massive giveaway to people who have been hurt by this (All of us it would seem, lol). So I will be dishing out exp, structures to help you get back on your feet. And so on. But however please be patient with me, as there were lots of people on the server.

And also for a short while I will be ramping up the multipliers so people can get back to where they were before the wipe as fast as possible. After a couple of days I will be turning it back down to the normal settings.  

Well, I hate to say this but this has butchered my drive to log into ark. And that will mean noone will be able to watch the server and keep an eye on things. That and if I get this to work, any progress earned now will be null. I know it's possible to reupload a mod. And I know this will fix the issue almost instantly. I'll try a couple more things to see if I can upload it, so for the time being the server will be down until we can find a fix.  

Its unfortunate and I feel you Orth, had that happen when I had my server too a few months ago (although not because of mods). Sometimes it just cant be helped. Thank you for working so hard to get things going again,it is very appreciated, however should the worst come to pass we will make due. A wipe is sometimes an opportunity to try new things or to improve on what was already made or planned.  I would say if you have to wipe, while giving away structures, you can also help yourself (so you dont over exhaust yourself,cuz hey you've done more than enough already man) you could increase the gather and taming rates for a few days, just for people to build back up easily on their own. Perhaps increase time of day and night a bit too? :P (a small proposition)

Whatever happens Orth,you're one hell of a hard worker and a very good admin and your server rocks, I challenge anyone to say otherwise. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate that alot. So whatever happens we know youve done your best and will make due with whatever needs to be done!

Jannor

I am behind you too, Orth! A wipe is a wipe, but it is what it is. I plan on returning as soon as you get the server back up, regardless of the outcome. 

I know that it can be pretty heartbreaking to lose something you've already been working so hard on. The reddit was created like what, a week, two weeks ago? Don't think that a wipe means that you're wiping the entire community you've built. Before you know it, this unfortunate circumstance won't be anything more than a few pages on this thread! ;)

As for items that people would like back. I will be doing all of that over time. So if you'd like some stuff to get yourself sorted send me a private message and I will see what we can work out to get everyone back on their feet. Best not to ask ingame, or through the thread. That way it's easier for me to handle.

All that I ask is that all of you bare with me as this will take time.  

Archived