Console needs a way to disable dino spawns

Tridentnova

Ark is an amazing game filled with tons of strange and unique dinos. After playing for a long time I've noticed the map seems a bit cluttered with all sorts of dinos and mammals. My one problem with this is that sometimes I wasn't that big on some of the added dinos and wanted to play the game a different way. If you play ark, you will know that if you leave the beaches on foot, you will most likely die from all the wild dinos. I've always wanted to be able to walk around the map without the fear of dozens of dinos attacking me. After taming large carnivores, most dinos become useless. I would prefer to have a feature where I can disable lots of dinos so I can play a different way. I could explore the map on foot. Having the ability to disable whatever dinos you don't want from spawning would make for some interesting gameplay. More on foot combat, smaller dinos remaining useful, or simple disabling gigas or titans. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way for console users to do this. Hopefully it can be implemented just like disabling engrams. There are endless possibilities to where this could lead. Private servers could invent mammals only servers, no gigas/titans, no flyers? Some may say that you can just ignore the dinos you don't want or disable the saddle engrams, but I believe having the ability to remove them completely would increase immersion, allow for new strategies, and give the game a cool new feeling.

43 minutes ago, Tridentnova said:

Ark is an amazing game filled with tons of strange and unique dinos. After playing for a long time I've noticed the map seems a bit cluttered with all sorts of dinos and mammals. My one problem with this is that sometimes I wasn't that big on some of the added dinos and wanted to play the game a different way. If you play ark, you will know that if you leave the beaches on foot, you will most likely die from all the wild dinos. I've always wanted to be able to walk around the map without the fear of dozens of dinos attacking me. After taming large carnivores, most dinos become useless. I would prefer to have a feature where I can disable lots of dinos so I can play a different way. I could explore the map on foot. Having the ability to disable whatever dinos you don't want from spawning would make for some interesting gameplay. More on foot combat, smaller dinos remaining useful, or simple disabling gigas or titans. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way for console users to do this. Hopefully it can be implemented just like disabling engrams. There are endless possibilities to where this could lead. Private servers could invent mammals only servers, no gigas/titans, no flyers? Some may say that you can just ignore the dinos you don't want or disable the saddle engrams, but I believe having the ability to remove them completely would increase immersion, allow for new strategies, and give the game a cool new feeling.

Yes yes and 100x yes!

We been trying young Tridentnova, with no success for a year or so. But keep the issue aware for all to see!

35 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

>Skill melee and health

>get high-quality Flak

>Get a high-quality sword

>kill everything that attacks you with ease.

If you have the game.ini somewhere on consoles, you can disable dino species spawns.

Don't think its about not knowing how to play the game, just more customization options.  I would just like to be able to change out a few dino's, not for difficulty but for fun, in fact i'd spawn wyverns on the island and center.

as far as i'm aware you can't get into the ini. file on console.

1 minute ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Don't think its about not knowing how to play the game, just more customization options.  I would just like to be able to change out a few dino's, not for difficulty but for fun, in fact i'd spawn wyverns on the island and center.

as far as i'm aware you can't get into the ini. file on console.

It was a possible solution option if you want to run around the island without fear of getting killed by the first Carno.

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

It was a possible solution option if you want to run around the island without fear of getting killed by the first Carno.

I don't run around the island scared of being killed by the first carno, I know how to play the game very well, I would just like to changed the dinos on my solo game, not bothered about my official, no need to fear anything on that, but my solo id like to mess around with the settings, sadly you can't when it comes to dinos

Just now, YUSHOETMI said:

I don't run around the island scared of being killed by the first carno, I know how to play the game very well, I would just like to changed the dinos on my solo game, not bothered about my official, no need to fear anything on that, but my solo id like to mess around with the settings, sadly you can't when it comes to dinos

I did not directly mention you. The post was more geared towards OP. I have no idea how well you play. He says he will most likely be killed if he leaves the beach. I offered a optional solution without saying deactivating dinos should not happen, and I see the customization value.

18 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I did not directly mention you. The post was more geared towards OP. I have no idea how well you play. He says he will most likely be killed if he leaves the beach. I offered a optional solution without saying deactivating dinos should not happen, and I see the customization value.

Fair. Only thing I hate is Troodons, seriously they really do have it in for me, I tamed a 150 Iguanodon last night, night time fell just as it awoke, my base was in sight just over the hill, it stood up and was instantly ambushed by 6 Troodons, naturally I was subject to the Bill Cosby treatment on the floor and the poor tame was demolished in seconds. Tribe mates saved me but not the tame. 

They are my only fear, nothing can save you, once that timer hits zero your lay on the floor covered in drool.

very good idea here, i believe all this will be available when they get to the PC rented servers, i cant recall the correct name now and dont really want to look it up :) in the end i hope every platform has the same ammount of customisation, even mods. so everyone can experience the same ammount of fun and no one is excluded from anything :D 

15 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

very good idea here, i believe all this will be available when they get to the PC rented servers, i cant recall the correct name now and dont really want to look it up :) in the end i hope every platform has the same ammount of customisation, even mods. so everyone can experience the same ammount of fun and no one is excluded from anything :D 

You can be sure that consoles will not have the same amount of mods.

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

You can be sure that consoles will not have the same amount of mods.

how are you so sure? if we look at the advancement of hardware the last couple years its very plausable for consoles to have their own modding community, be it supported by PC hardware. or developped on the PC and transfered to console. 

atleast thats what i hope :) no need for these players to be at a 'disadvantage' or to be left out of cool stuff :D 

3 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

how are you so sure? if we look at the advancement of hardware the last couple years its very plausable for consoles to have their own modding community, be it supported by PC hardware. or developped on the PC and transfered to console. 

atleast thats what i hope :) no need for these players to be at a 'disadvantage' or to be left out of cool stuff :D 

Unless cosoles become as powerful as PCs, and console providers as tolerant as PC guys, I don't see every content allowed on consoles.

Heck, Sony is against adult content in Bethesda games.

45 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Unless cosoles become as powerful as PCs, and console providers as tolerant as PC guys, I don't see every content allowed on consoles.

Heck, Sony is against adult content in Bethesda games.

lets hope they are able to flex or change their policies in the near future :) the world is changing and for consoles to stay competitive i think this is a necessity. 

• 11 months later...

Archived