Ascension player level nerf - are you over 100? Read this.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if youre over 100 level you basiclly live inside the game.. i hardcore played this game half a year ago for 8 hours aday  i didnt cheat i didnt exploit, i never know how too dupe orwhatnot, so playing legit i got level 80 ish something.

funny is that i rejoined same char on the same server right... started solo building.. rushed metal fast AF right got like 15k metal in a weekend. people in chat started accusing me of hacking.. how can a lvl 8 have flak armor? HA! i had too giggle.. while continue.. then they came over with their quetz like the police force xD 

so even if youre lowkey in chat never speak they'll raptoring find you man.. after what they saw i built and managed on my own they payed their respect and offered me too move becus the invasion of the chinese that was coming.. i packed up and moved.. and stopped playing.. shows you what power you have even as a soloplayer.iwas like 87 and they was 70 somt. funny times.. id never broke the 90 level  just too much time farming alphas i cant be bothered.

1 minute ago, Lewiatan said:

I got burnt out on Official PVE server reaching level 73, before all rates were doubled. I just realised the effort was not worth it. I'm quite surprised people don't see the entire gameplay mechanics are based on tedious grind. 

I think that's why I love Ark.. the grind is therapeutic to me..

7 minutes ago, bulldog1986 said:

My only concern is, do we keep our tek engrams? While we would have no real issue redo'ing them, it would just be a pain. I can't imagine how people who narrowly pulled them off would feel about having to do the bosses again....

They confirmed that you keep your tekgrams, I was told this on forums and Jen said it herself on twitter :)

2 hours ago, Chronosphere said:

if youre over 100 level you basiclly live inside the game.. i hardcore played this game half a year ago for 8 hours aday  i didnt cheat i didnt exploit, i never know how too dupe orwhatnot, so playing legit i got level 80 ish something.

Are you serious? How many hours do you have in this game? Because obviously you don't know how to power level. In a day you can reach 50-60 easily, and within 2 weeks you can be over 90. If you have SE and get a lightning wyvern you can be level 100 in a week at max.

2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

I got burnt out on Official PVE server reaching level 73, before all rates were doubled. I just realised the effort was not worth it. I'm quite surprised people don't see the entire gameplay mechanics are based on tedious grind. 

Im pretty sure all the endgame mechanics in their current iteration are just placeholders which is why theres so much grind

3 hours ago, powerstuck said:

But but but it's an early access game, what ya complaining aboot ? 

Sorry man, I've been served this very line of excuse so many times I stopped counting, I had to do it. I feel ya. Communications are worse than those from 1st grade of elementary school. 

The thing is, it doesn't really matter how many times it's served, or not served - it's still fact.

Trying to outright ignore that fact and then complaining about that very same fact ... seems a little off. Things change during development. And the fact that this game is still under heavy development (AKA EARLY ACCESS) is brought up a lot because people seem to need reminded of that once a month after each patch. There are plenty of games you can try without active developers if you don't enjoy change. Ultimate Doom hasn't changed since like 1995, give it a whirl.

Meh, I'm 103 and have reached it just by playing the game. I'll lose three levels but as we're keeping the tek engrams, I'm fine with it. :)

3 hours ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I think that's why I love Ark.. the grind is therapeutic to me..

I think you might be on to something here. Maybe that's why I like ARK so much.

40 minutes ago, TotallyUncool said:

Meh, I'm 103 and have reached it just by playing the game. I'll lose three levels but as we're keeping the tek engrams, I'm fine with it. :)

I think you might be on to something here. Maybe that's why I like ARK so much.

Indeed, I see people not liking it, but it's really an elaborate MMO/RTS/RPG... gotta expect grindyness.. I do hope they add sotf for console and I'm glad they have player dedicateds/unofficials so people can enjoy boosted rates if that's their thing..

Archived